Sign in to follow this  
King Zenith

Square Enix Trademarks "Holey Heroes" in Europe

They may not censor it but they'll sure as heck will change it to something silly

Eden is... hell, Eden is just that. An Eden. A place of perfect bliss, eternal bliss.

The world of DQ7 is just that at the outset. An Eden. An enclosed area with no war, strife, etc.

So it would make SENSE the title be Warriors of Eden, no?

This "Holey Heroes" doesn't scream DQ. It screams "Lame mobile game!" Keep in mind, SE has titles such as Yosumin, Chaos Rings, Guardian Cross, junk like that.

If they put up a new trademark for "Shard Hunter", it would scream DQ7 to me more.

This doens't have a feel. At all.

It's a stretch, to be sure. But when you're in a fanbase where they are desperate for something to grab onto, it happens. Hope is hope.

It's not impossible, just very unlikely.

I will hope until it's proven right or wrong.

If wrong I'll repeat indefinitely

I think there should be a universal "I was wrong" thread where everyone who publicly said they didn't think this game was coming or that game was coming has to say they were wrong when it does come and the people who were right can rub it in.

I think there should be a universal "I was wrong" thread where everyone who publicly said they didn't think this game was coming or that game was coming has to say they were wrong when it does come and the people who were right can rub it in.

No.  Even jokingly, no.

Amos hard to say if it is or is. Only SE really knows and we will have to wait till SE comes out and says what it will be used for.   Why would it be DQ heroes.  It always has a name.

DQ Heroes does already have a name, but it's not punny enough for western Dragon Quest standards :P

While I am joking, I also realize that I am possible right and become sad.

It could be Spelunker Z's western name due to Spelunky. Maybe they don't want to mix names. Unlikely but who knows. I've given up on us getting DQ7. I'm hoping we can at least get Heroes.

It doesn't even fit spelunker Z. And i seen the screen shots.  Holey Heroes refers to multiple playable characters. 

Yeah but isn't spelunker a multiplayer game? I don't know much about it but I assume you explore mines and caves aka holes so I still think it might be that. But yeah only SE knows what the game really is, this is just my opinion.

Holey heroes seems too short for a main game DQ title, and it doesn't fit DQ heroes apart from the heroes part.

Edited by Amos

I don't know if Holey Heroes is DQ7 or not, but I *still* somehow think it will be localized and may be much further along than we think.  I REALLY wish the Monsters games would get localized, but I'm much less hopeful for those.  That one still never made sense to me.  With all of the money that Pokémon makes in the West, it seems like SE could make some considerable profit just by riding the wave.  If marketed correctly (towards Pokémon players), the Monsters games could be a serious foothold for the series.  But, alas...

Here's why it could be monsters

1. Title fits

2. As previously mentioned it's text light and would cost little to localize

3. People are demanding DQVII for 3DS. A text heavy costly game to localize. What better way to test US Europe 3DS gaming waters than with a cheaper, easier game to bring? This would be first 3ds DQ after all.

4. New subtitle to separate it from the failed joker series.

Assuming Square Enix is localizing DQVII, and also assuming that it would be released only on mobile too, would plenty of people be still willing to support it?

For the ones that have been asking VII to come to the West they've been asking for the 3DS version a lot I see. Judging from Square Enix's pattern, it may seem like they're about to release it on mobile (maybe). The problem is that it would end up being the version of Dragon Quest that not a lot of the people were asking for, so people may end up avoiding buying it because it's not what they were expecting nor would it be the one they were asking for.

If that was the case, I'd be pretty conflicted in trying to make a purchase. It'd be even more hard for me if Square Enix releases the mobile version and calls the mobile version of VII the version that fans had been asking for, even though it seems like a majority wants the 3DS version

Edited by Charski

Having to re-localize for out west either 3ds or mobile isn't gonna be a pretty penny then you add onto the cost of producing it for 3ds.

People do need to accept that mobile platform is a viable option to release their games on now rather they like it or not.   Now if SE would just market the DQ games on mobile platform it could potentially outsell 3ds over time. 

Edited by sounderfan84

Man, you guys are like begging me to come back.  I know you're all smarter than this.  I really do.  I have faith, but it's like you're really just saying: Please Alex, please, show us the light, we've lost our way, bring us back to the truth!

Ya'll: Show me the Dragon Quest!  Show me the Dragon Quest!

Me: Ya'll already know it, just refuse to see, refuse to look with your own eyes.

Ya'll: Please, we can't, please, bring us back to the path, show us where we went astray.

Me: Ya'll know where ya went off the paths, each at varying points.  Stand by the grey fane when the slime warbles, and the setting sun with the last light of DQ's day will shine upon the keyhole.  There will be much darkness and danger.  Be not afraid, for the dragon can't see you.  He is old, feeble, and full of piss and vinegar, but he can't but drool and slobber.

I already know...after a time, you'll change

Edited by ignasia7

Man, you guys are like begging me to come back. I know you're all smarter than this. I really do. I have faith, but it's like you're really just saying: Please Alex, please, show us the light, we've lost our way, bring us back to the truth!

Ya'll: Show me the Dragon Quest! Show me the Dragon Quest!

Me: Ya'll already know it, just refuse to see, refuse to look with your own eyes.

Ya'll: Please, we can't, please, bring us back to the path, show us where we went astray.

Me: Ya'll know where ya went off the paths, each at varying points. Stand by the grey fane when the slime warbles, and the setting sun with the last light of DQ's day will shine upon the keyhole. There will be much darkness and danger. Be not afraid, for the dragon can't see you. He is old, feeble, and full of piss and vinegar, but he can't but drool and slobber.

I already know...after a time, you'll change

First off, glad you decided to stick around.

Second, I think you should just let this topic go. It's all over the place anyway.

• Upvote 1

Having to re-localize for out west either 3ds or mobile isn't gonna be a pretty penny then you add onto the cost of producing it for 3ds.

People do need to accept that mobile platform is a viable option to release their games on now rather they like it or not.   Now if SE would just market the DQ games on mobile platform it could potentially outsell 3ds over time. 

Marketing for mobile is... hard. Another thing that has to be understood is the amount of mobile gamers who play real games and not pay2pay cash grabs like Candy Crush or its clones are... small. There's probably far more Wii U players at any given point than real mobile gamers.

Another segment NoA would completely censor: The massive alcohol intake in Deja. Basically, that entire island and its people would have too much problems for NoA.

So basically the whole way SE gets to localize the game with out being heavily censored is mobile.   Seehs NOA is annoying why doesn't they just take over ALL publishing of every 3ds game regardless of who develops it if they want to dictate how the game are made.

Seriously though who would want the 3ds version if NOA is gonna censor everything they don't like.

Edited by sounderfan84

Idk, I think you and I are on the same basic page, Iggy.  I would be very surprised if DQ7 does not get released in the West.  As I mentioned above, I believe that that the localization is probably much further along than we know.

• Upvote 1

Idk, I think you and I are on the same basic page, Iggy.  I would be very surprised if DQ7 does not get released in the West.  As I mentioned above, I believe that that the localization is probably much further along than we know.

I was mostly trying to inject some humour than anything else, but yeah, I saw your post, I agree.  I just want it to be Holey Heroes so I can be done with the anticipation.

I was also hoping someone would pick up on my rendition of perhaps the most important line in the Hobbit, the one that actual keeps the whole journey from going under, thanks to Bilbo's memory.  Oh well.

Edited by ignasia7

@Sounder: "Who would want the 3DS version if NoA is gonna censor anything they don't like"

Everybody. NoA censors whatever they want and games are fine. EarthBound had a ton of stuff NoA censored. It's my all-time favorite game. Bravely Default got censored a TON: I loved it.

Just because NoA does the same thing it's always done means nobody wants DQ7? Um, no.

It's not coming.

If it does, I'll make that topic.

To the guys who say it could be DQ Heroes: DQH already has a subtitle "The Dark Dragon and the World Tree Castle".

@Sounder: "Who would want the 3DS version if NoA is gonna censor anything they don't like"

Everybody. NoA censors whatever they want and games are fine. EarthBound had a ton of stuff NoA censored. It's my all-time favorite game. Bravely Default got censored a TON: I loved it.

Just because NoA does the same thing it's always done means nobody wants DQ7? Um, no.

Yet Earthbound gets away with having a Pray command and the line "Don't go to Heaven!"

Not trying to fight ya, I'm just sayin'.

Its one thing if its a minor thing or two. But its another thing when its major thing like completely different personality to a main character cause NOA doesn't like it as it was originally.

We could see mobile release being different than the 3ds version in terms of localization when you consider the changes NOA may want.  But that's just my opinion.

Edited by sounderfan84

Yet Earthbound gets away with having a Pray command and the line "Don't go to Heaven!"

Not trying to fight ya, I'm just sayin'.

True, EB does get away with some things, but the point was to show NoA has been doing this forever, yet still makes good games come over here.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/688276-dragon-quest-vii/71085388/811788304

It's not coming.

It's ok Platty.  You can always make a topic to display the cake you're going to make in my honour ;)

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/688276-dragon-quest-vii/71085388/811788304

It's not coming.

It's ok Platty. You can always make a topic to display the cake you're going to make in my honour ;)

She also has dogs & pics of sunsets. Are those coming to the United States too? I've never seen them.

Wait what?

I'm lost with those images on twitter.  Has that something to do with DQ7 Ignasia7?

If so 3ds first then mobile?

Edited by sounderfan84