Sign in to follow this  
King Zenith

Square Enix Trademarks "Holey Heroes" in Europe

I use a 200$ tablet for my backup.

And... the hypocrisy drips here. There are a few folk here that never wanted the mobile ports period. But I see what you are saying.

And the only title I really mind the portrait view is DQ8. It is why I never played the mobile port. Bought it though.

I guess my endpoint is that now with mobile releases being common for DQ in general, it is quite feasible for a mobile and 3ds release, for the same price. 30 bucks.

I'll take 3ds, mobile, or both. I would prefer 3ds, though.

My thoughts exactly.

And on top of that, I'm going to cost Kasizzle. Now you're all flamed. So, calm down.

Edited by Plattym3

*is on fire, flails*

*shrug*

I've played a good bit of DQ1-3 mobile on my phone just fine, had no problem with the resolution. Keep in mind that I -never- played the NES copies, beyond a bit of emulation to look at them.

I played DQ1-3 on an old Gameboy Pocket (( And color, for DQ3 later )). My phone has a bigger screen. :P

And DQ4-6? So far? Looks and controls better to me on my tablet. (( Phone won't play DQ5, it doesn't like my OS. ))

*shrug*

I've played a good bit of DQ1-3 mobile on my phone just fine, had no problem with the resolution. Keep in mind that I -never- played the NES copies, beyond a bit of emulation to look at them.

I played DQ1-3 on an old Gameboy Pocket (( And color, for DQ3 later )). My phone has a bigger screen.

And DQ4-6? So far? Looks and controls better to me on my tablet. (( Phone won't play DQ5, it doesn't like my OS. ))

I will say, I've had no issues with the portrait on any of the mobile games. I will say I thought it was odd when I first saw the images of DQVIII, but then I got it and played all the mobile games & now I don't give it a second thought.

Holey Heroes huh? Well, as long as it comes out here.

Hey everyone, big time lurker here. I don't want to destroy anyone's hopes and dreams, but "Holey Heroes" could mean this

http://www.dualshockers.com/2015/02/08/ps4-exclusive-minna-no-spelunker-z-gets-first-official-screenshots-and-artwork/

I don't know if this has been mentioned in this topic already, my apologies if it has been.

So right now the three possible games could be Dragon Quest: Holey heroes (DQ Heroes) Dragon quest VII Holey Heroes or Spelunker Z: Holey Heroes. This spelunker game is a free to play cave exploring game which should be easy to translate, so it's probably going to be it. SE have almost nothing to lose if they release it here and it fails completely

Amos hard to say if it is or is. Only SE really knows and we will have to wait till SE comes out and says what it will be used for.   Why would it be DQ heroes.  It always has a name.

Again all SE spinoffs came before IV DS. Save DQM Joker 2. At that point why change the title of an established game. You saying spinoffs didn't have that kind of title is a moot point.

What I am saying is that with every game since IV DS the games had alliterative titles. There have been no spin offs except joker 2. You can not say the title holey heroes can't be a spin off game due to past games not having that kind of title. NO game before IV DS had that kind of title.

Not disagreeing with jamiras843, but wondering if Fortune Street is considered a spin-off for the purposes of this argument or is that in a whole different category of game?

Regardless, I am looking forward to finding out what Holey Heroes is, and while I am not certain that it will be DQ7, I am hopeful that it will be.

How is Journey of the Cursed King alliterative?

Cursed king is technically alliterative but again I think it's coincidental. It's not ad glaring as IV, don't be silly fur. That's like a forced rhyme, like saying food and good rhyme or orange and door hinge. Saying that 8 is alliteration by definition is correct but it is not the same style as IV on so can't be used for that argument where every title has all words starting with the same letter or sound.

As for fortune street. I don't count that as dragon quest. It is heavily Nintendo based and not in any sense a story driven game like main or spin offs. But hey that's opinion not fact.

Edited by jamiras843

Fortune Street is part of a different franchise altogether. The first Itadaki Street game came out on the Famicom, and had nothing to do with Dragon Quest, besides having been designed by Horii. Up to Itadaki Street 3 for the PS2, this was the case. Occasionally there were small Easter eggs/references, such as a Slime-shaped lake in one of the maps, but that doesn't make it part of the same franchise.

It wasn't until "Dragon Quest & Final Fantasy in ITADAKI STREET Special" that characters and maps from Dragon Quest started appearing. Since that game, all subsequent Itadaki Street releases (except for one) included guests from Dragon Quest and one other franchise (Special (PS2) and Portable (PSP) got Final Fantasy, DS and Wii (which was the first game in the franchise to be released outside Japan, as Fortune Street or Boom Street depending on the country) got the Super Mario Bros. franchise).

Contrary to popular belief, there are actually two localized Fortune Street games. Fortune Street Wii, and Fortune Street Smart - a mobile version which was released here shortly after the Wii game. Oddly enough, this game contains characters and maps from the classic Itadaki Street games. Unfortunately, I haven't played much of this, add it's full of in-app purchases.

Orange as in OR-inge and door hinge do rhyme but it is a forced rhyme.

Cursed king is alliteration based on sound rather than the obvious same letters.

DQ8 was semi-alliterative, but does not share the same rhythmic pattern as all of the newer titles.  As others have mentioned, I believe it was merely by coincidence.

Honestly I think the only game this really fits with is monsters but hey what do I know. It just doesn't scream VII. but hey, I have just as much info as you guys (none) do what do I know, right?

Honestly I think the only game this really fits with is monsters but hey what do I know. It just doesn't scream VII. but hey, I have just as much info as you guys (none) do what do I know, right?

But a spin-off game with a subtitle though? 

Again no real spin offs have been released since the movement towards the new alliteration titles. You can't base that info on the old trends. CAN NOT. Only 2 spin off games have come out since the new alliterative subtitles started. TWO. And neither of those titles NEEDED a sub title.

Monsters joker 2 was just that. Joker2. Them fortune street well that's not a dragon quest game. Let's be honest.

Now monsters 3ds is NOT joker. Yes it uses scouting but it also has meat treats. Also they would want to separate it from joker because let's face it joker kind of dropped the ball. Now I wonder how they can make the game seem different from the joker games and more like the more successful main series... Oh wait! A new sub title! Why didn't I think of that?!

As for the game itself. You play as a kid who travels to magical worlds through tele portals and.., wells. The definition of the latter being a deep HOLE in which one draws water. Hmmm holes... Also what do you do? You visit random lands from the various games defeating those bosses such as golem dragon etc. wouldn't that make you and your team HEROES? Just sayin'.

Now as for Vii... Holes in a map? Sure makes since on a way, a play on holy? Yeah could be. It just seems to fit monsters more. If I'm wrong so be it but people need to stop being shocked. "Omg a spin off with an alliterative title? No way!"

Crazier things have happened. Like for instance making every damn title alliterative when the Japanese one is not.

Edited by jamiras843

Amos hard to say if it is or is. Only SE really knows and we will have to wait till SE comes out and says what it will be used for.   Why would it be DQ heroes.  It always has a name.

DQ Heroes does already have a name, but it's not punny enough for western Dragon Quest standards :P

While I am joking, I also realize that I am possible right and become sad.

It could be Spelunker Z's western name due to Spelunky. Maybe they don't want to mix names. Unlikely but who knows. I've given up on us getting DQ7. I'm hoping we can at least get Heroes.

Edited by Fates

DQ Heroes does already have a name, but it's not punny enough for western Dragon Quest standards :P

While I am joking, I also realize that I am possible right and become sad.

It could be Spelunker Z's western name due to Spelunky. Maybe they don't want to mix names. Unlikely but who knows. I've given up on us getting DQ7. I'm hoping we can at least get Heroes.

It doesn't even fit spelunker Z. And i seen the screen shots.  Holey Heroes refers to multiple playable characters. 

Edited by sounderfan84

I don't think NoA would censor "Warriors of Eden".

Just my 2 cents.

I don't think NoA would censor "Warriors of Eden".

Just my 2 cents.

I would agree as well but we need to consider that they might.  We are in a politically correct world nowadays