Sign in to follow this  
Cain

Purple slimes?

Seriously, what is up with the purple slimes in the DS/Mobile versions of IV-VI?  Drives me nuts every time I look at them in battle and the map screen.  Oddly enough, they're blue in the battle portrait.  ARRRRGGGGGHHHHH!!!!

What? Maybe I never noticed this because I'm colorblind. Are they purple in DWVII, too? I believe most monster sprites in those games started out with counterparts from VII and were then animated.

Clear as day blue on my HD and my CRT screens.

Yeah it's pretty obvious when you're in a battle with both slimes and healslimes.  Healslimes are blue and regular slimes are definitely more purplish.

Check it out

Wow. Never really noticed. Interesting. I wonder what happened?

The slimes were originally purple. See, look.

slime.jpg

There's a chance they might've been changed to blue to make them stand out more. They're actually more of an indigo. Dark blue with just a little bit of purple. Artepiazza started making them that color in DQ V PS2.

Woah awesome!

Never knew they were originally purple. 

You learn something new every day. :o

Yeah, I'd have never known they were purple at all had someone not said anything.

I just don't know how they could have purple for the sprite but blue for the portrait.  Makes no sense to me.  It's not like they are working with a limited palette like DQIV for the NES, which resulted in a purple Healie.

• Upvote 1

Honestly think it's a color compostion thing. Blue stood out more on the field background. The dracky was changed to dark blue from all black. Most mosters with purple in them, aside from the ghost, appear against the black background.

Honestly think it's a color compostion thing. Blue stood out more on the field background. The dracky was changed to dark blue from all black. Most mosters with purple in them, aside from the ghost, appear against the black background.

The Healslimes are blue on field maps and so are King Slimes, granted King Slimes are much larger than the other two.

Yes, but I'm just talking about DQ I when the decision was made.

Yes, but I'm just talking about DQ I when the decision was made.

Ah ok. I'm glad they were changed to blue, they look better that way.  Maybe it's just what I'm used to, but it's driving me nuts to look at the purple slime in my party.

What are your feelings on Sonic the Hedgehog's blue arms?

Indifferent.  I've never been much of a Sonic fan so he could have purple arms and I wouldn't care.

That was a Chris Chan reference. He's on trial today for pepper spraying a Gamestop employee, because Sonic's arms are blue now and he can't stand it.

Edit:

His trial date was moved to April.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aasziSbt1gM

Edited by Dwaine

I didn't even know about this until you posted it. Crazy stuff though.

Enjoy your trip down that rabbit hole!