Sign in to follow this  
Erdrick1989

dragon quest x 3ds *new info!*

I like how this makes it a lot easier to play for US players...

So as long as you have a JP 3DS, you can play DQX 3DS without a VPN?

I've been having massive problems with it. Wound up getting the PC version and using Amazon Web services. The PC version didn't even work well with my normal VPN. I am going to try to tunnel the 3ds through AWS if I can and see if that works. I'll let yor know. but for now. The 3ds version has been a bust for me. I live in New York.

I like how this makes it a lot easier to play for US players...

So as long as you have a JP 3DS, you can play DQX 3DS without a VPN?

I have had no issue with the 3ds version, but it may be because of where I live (Ontario, Canada) I haven't had to set my router to anything or had to get a vpn. Although, that doesn't seem to be the case for some people which is unfortunate. :(

Gooie, get the PC version. YOU will need it.

Edited by Erdrick The Hero

I will probably get the PC version next, but I like the 3ds version as well.

The 3DS version seems so much easier to set up, though. :P What's so bad about it?

Check the Google thing you made.

*facepalm*

So, can anyone confirm for me that this is the case:

The 3DS version has a monthly streaming fee.
I can log in with my existing S-E account.

There is no IP lock?

How much is the streaming fee?

How does it handle expansions?

Anyone still using the 3DS version?

So, can anyone confirm for me that this is the case:

The 3DS version has a monthly streaming fee.

I can log in with my existing S-E account.

There is no IP lock?

How much is the streaming fee?

How does it handle expansions?

Anyone still using the 3DS version?

All 3 of those things are correct.

The streaming fee is:  3 days for 378 yen, 10 days for 702 yen, or 30 days for 1620 yen.

It does not charge you extra for expansions, and keeps up-to-date on them (I utilized this to play 3.0 while I waited for my physical copy to come in.  It could also be used to unlock 3.0 content like the orb and the dancer class, without actually buying 3.0 yet...lol).

I use it now and then, but only as a supplement (I subscribed for a week to use it on my trip last weekend).  I don't really recommend it as your primary version, though, as it is very laggy, at least in my experience.

Edited by MKVarana

They just put the demo up for the 3DS version!! Basically, instead of buying the retail game or downloading it on the Japanese eShop for 44xx yen, you go to this site, https://form.square-enix.co.jp/dqx3dsft/entryput in your email (I needed to hit the confirm button a few times) then you'll get e-mailed an eShop code for the demo, but it's actually the game (which is a tiny download of like around 350 blocks) it allows you to play the game for 3 hours for free, and then it costs 378 yen for 3 day or 702 yen for 10 day, or 1620 yen for 30 days.  

I was really surprised how quickly it was to set up, since it didn't require a Square Enix ID or any additional sign up stuff to start playing, and no VPN or any of that!

That being said, even though this version has been "fixed" since its broken launch, it still has a lot of issues.  The graphics are very grainy, and even the sound quality takes a major hit, and then of course the lag is usually consistent of around 30 milosecond input delay, but sometimes it gets rough.. like major amounts of lag... but I guess it's to be expected.  I'm sure the NX version of DQX will be a far superior handheld version of the game, and hopefully it's just as easy to set up as this version

Edited by Neko

Setting this up, in combination with the PC trial, is the literal definition of going through hell.

I tried the 3DS version over the weekend.

The lag was immediately unbearable.

I think a good solution for me might be to just get the PS4 version when it comes out hoping that it allows remote play and do that to my Vita when I'm not home. The 3DS version got removed from my shopping list.

Can anyone help?

When I try to unlink an account from my NNID, I get redirected to a page where I have to log in.

But when I do, it says:

"3DS版「ドラゴンクエストⅩã€ã‚’プレイã—ã¦ã„ã¦ã€Wii版ã€Wii U版ã€Windows版ã®ã©ã‚Œã‹1ã¤ã§ã‚‚プレイå¯èƒ½ã«ãªã£ã¦ã„ã‚‹IDã§ãªã„ã¨ãƒ­ã‚°ã‚¤ãƒ³ã¯ã§ãã¾ã›ã‚“。(体験版ã¯å«ã¾ã‚Œã¾ã›ã‚“)"

I can't really make much out of it, and I'm really confused. I double-checked on my 3DS and nothing was happening. It's still linked...

FYI, from now until January 7th, the software for the 3DS version of DQX is free to download on the eShop:  http://hiroba.dqx.jp/sc/topics/detail/0768281a05da9f27df178b5c39a51263/

If you have a Japanese 3DS, I highly recommend downloading it.

Even if you don't think you'll use it now, if you attach it to your account while it's free, then decide you want it later, you won't have to pay the $30 to buy the download code later, and can just redownload it for free.

Is there any way to download and use it on an American 3DS? I have a gateway card and EmuNAND, and I'm comfortable installing .cia files and such.

Perhaps if I downloaded a Japanese system software with 3DNUS?