Sign in to follow this  
Erdrick1989

dragon quest x 3ds *new info!*

Hmm well. I use a d-link router with the latest firmware. Have you tried signing in lately? Are you located in the west? They recently took the IP ban off. Also, they do maintenance everyday at a certain time in the afternoon so that could also contribute to it. I have had no trouble so far, but then again I am signed in through NNID. I do not know the outcome when using SE account. The error you are getting could be a network issue or an account issue. Do you have any other versions of the game to see if it is an account problem?

Bjaxx, I am not totally sure on this, but if you can pay crysta by logging into your account on a computer then you probably can still pay with crysta. Either that or there might be an option once I select online mode. I will have to check that. Is there a way to post a video here or something? I may try to do one to show you all some of the game menus or take photos of it.

Hey just to let everyone know, I made a video this morning. It just finished uploading and now I am waiting for it to process. I will put it up here as soon as it is finished! Internet is way too slow today.

Here you go! Let me know if there is anything else you want to see. Also, excuse my voice.. I just woke up haha.

dragon quest x 3ds menus:

It's my connection. I normally use auto run when it delays because it has a chance to catch up. On super good days when I am home alone it is spot on without delays. I have managed to beat some bosses and advance the story on this internet haha kind of miraculous really.

Answers inline:

Hmm well. I use a d-link router with the latest firmware. Have you tried signing in lately? Yep, just tried now. Are you located in the west? No, I'm on the east cost, USA.  They recently took the IP ban off. Also, they do maintenance everyday at a certain time in the afternoon so that could also contribute to it.  I've checked it at random times throughout the day.  I have had no trouble so far, but then again I am signed in through NNID. I do not know the outcome when using SE account. The error you are getting could be a network issue or an account issue. Do you have any other versions of the game to see if it is an account problem?  Yes, I play regularly on the Wii U.

I meant the west as in north America lol. The only thing I can say is that there must be a problem transitioning your square account to the 3ds version. I have only used NNID for playing so I don't really know how the square account works. I have heard that someone else has had this problem when looking around online yesterday. They were using their square account too. I wish I could be of more help. :( I'm sorry.

I meant the west as in north America lol. The only thing I can say is that there must be a problem transitioning your square account to the 3ds version. I have only used NNID for playing so I don't really know how the square account works. I have heard that someone else has had this problem when looking around online yesterday. They were using their square account too. I wish I could be of more help. :( I'm sorry.

I think it's time to start a nomenclature revolution! We're not European (well, not most of us), so you know what. Japan is the west and we're the East, Damnit! Viva el Este!

I think it's time to start a nomenclature revolution! We're not European (well, not most of us), so you know what. Japan is the west and we're the East, Damnit! Viva el Este!

You have made my day! :)

Tried playing this but I kept getting connection errors ( DQU-010-204-X if I remember right). I have pretty fast broadband but I guess the latency is too much.

Also messed up and created a new account with my NNID instead of linking my PC account. Is there a way to remove it?

There may be a way to unsync NNID in the settings menu. I will try to have a look the next time I am on. Also, have you tried to uninstall the application then redownloading? I heard that sometimes resets the login.

There may be a way to unsync NNID in the settings menu. I will try to have a look the next time I am on. Also, have you tried to uninstall the application then redownloading? I heard that sometimes resets the login.

I think it worked as it asked me for the 60 day voucher code again which I said no to but then I got an error on the next screen and it seems to logged me into my NNID account again. :/

Edit: Never mind, think I hit the wrong button. Still getting error DQU-010-204-X though and I have 150mb broadband.

Found a link to ask SE to unlink your SE account as well: https://support.jp.square-enix.com/contact.php?id=2620&la=0&daxx=6

Edited by Chris

That's good to know. I have not encountered the connection issue except for when they are doing maintenance. I will look into it. It seems to be happening when people sign in with the square enix account :(

Not sure. I wish there was a way I could test this theory. :(

Right, I need some clarity for this:

1) Is the 3DS version IP locked?

2) Can I continue my existing DQX character if I log in with my existing JP S-E account?

Help me people!

Right, I need some clarity for this:

1) Is the 3DS version IP locked?

2) Can I continue my existing DQX character if I log in with my existing JP S-E account?

Help me people!

No it is not IP locked.

You are allowed to use your s-e account, but some people seem to be having issues with doing it that way. I use NNID so I have not encountered the connection issue.

Speaking of which, whoever has had the issue with their s-e account, how far do you get through the menus before you get the error? I heard something about you having to pay separately for the 3ds subscription even if you are using the same account and I was wondering if that could be causing the error. In my video I posted earlier, I show you where you pay with eshop and it shows you when it expires. If you can get that far in the menus, could you tell me if there is a date listed there or anything? That way I can see if this is true or not.

The 3DS version costs an extra 500Â¥+tax. 

Assuming the SE account and NNID are linked, perhaps the problem is in only paying the 1000Â¥ for the subscription itself, and not the 500Â¥ extra in usage fee for the 3DS? 

Not sure if there is any other places to pay for that fee besides the e-shop.

Edited by Nyum

Yes there is only a pay option for eshop. Maybe you have to pay through the 3ds in order to be able to connect. When you get to the menu that says online mode and offline mode, at the very bottom it has your expiry date for your subscription. There is a blue button next to that that says pay for play ticket. I am thinking it may be the payment issue that may be causing people with s-e accounts to get some kind of connection error. So you may have to pay through the 3ds (I'm guessing the 500Â¥ extra) in order to play it. So far I am still on my free months. So I have yet to pay anything. Also, there is something called kids time from 4pm-6pm in Japan. You may be able to test your connections during that time to see if it is a sub problem.

I've been thinking of buying this game. I have a Japanase new 3ds xl and can buy things through the eshop. Are there extra bonuses in the physical package that makes it worth while to buy the boxed version over the eshop version? I know the boxed version doesn't have a cartridge but are the extras that come with it worth it over the eshop version?

Also, if I buy a 3ds version subscription and later buy a Japanese Wii U, can you play that version with no issues?

And for the last question, do you like this game better than Dragon Quest VII?

By the way, I am quite proficient in reading Japanese so that won't be an issue.

Thanks very much in advance for your advice.

I've been thinking of buying this game. I have a Japanase new 3ds xl and can buy things through the eshop. Are there extra bonuses in the physical package that makes it worth while to buy the boxed version over the eshop version? I know the boxed version doesn't have a cartridge but are the extras that come with it worth it over the eshop version?

Also, if I buy a 3ds version subscription and later buy a Japanese Wii U, can you play that version with no issues?

And for the last question, do you like this game better than Dragon Quest VII?

By the way, I am quite proficient in reading Japanese so that won't be an issue.

Thanks very much in advance for your advice.

The physical bonus is the one I have. It comes with exp scroll item codes, a lemon slime prism mount (you must get a doll board first to use it), 60 day free subscription and a Manuel, a poster, and an item lottery code (which is random). So far, people who are transitioning straight from the 3ds version have had no trouble that I am aware of, but people who have played it for Wii, Wii u, or PC and transitioning to the 3ds version have had a connection issue which we are still trying to figure out. As far as liking this one better than vii...you kind of can't really compare the two since they don't exactly play the same. VII's story was amazing and x's is pretty good. If you loved IX you will probably like X. It feels like an mmo version of IX to me. I would have to say that I like them both equally in their own right. Both are fun and challenging, but I feel that way about a lot of DQ games. You really would just have to develop your own opinion. :)

Thanks for the info! i just purchased the 3ds package. i should receive it tomorrow so I'll let you know how it goes.

If I want to play the Pc version too. i can pay via the nintendo eshop the monthly fee. correct? i guess the only issue is that you have to have a way to pay for the PC software via webmoney or something if I am understanding correctly.

You pay through the eshop to pay to play on 3ds and in order to play on PC you would have to pay online via crysta system. The 3ds version seems to require a separate payment. And costs about 1670Â¥ per month that's with taxes included. I think it only costs 1000Â¥ per month on PC, but I think you can buy 90 day package that are around 3000Â¥, but I could be wrong.

You can actually buy the DQX PC software package in digital format on square-enix.JP estore. Or just purchase the physical all in one package. Whatever works for you really.

Oh wow. So you have to pay twice? How about between the Wii U and the 3ds version? Separate monthly payments for both? I won't be doing it if that is the case.