Sign in to follow this  
Erdrick1989

dragon quest x 3ds *new info!*

Hi, everyone! I am Erdrick1989. I have been a dragon quest fan since the NES days and finally found this community. I decided to join when I saw a lot of misconception about the 3ds version of Dragon Quest X. I have been playing that version quite a bit and I would like to share my knowledge about it thus far. First of all you do not need a vpn nor a square enix account to play DQX (3ds). It utilizes your NNID and in order to pay for subscriptions you just go into the game and click pay for play ticket and it will use your eshop funds. (Eshop does allow foreign credit cards) There is no IP ban or anything like that. I have been playing it everyday on less than perfect internet and I have only been disconnected once. It has been fixed tremendously since it's release so I encourage people to think about this version if you have no access to any other version like I did. If you have any other questions about it let me know! :)

Yes you could get the 3ds version as long as you have a Japanese 3ds. Sadly, you have to have the nnid account instead of a square account which is why it doesn't use crysta. It requires a different account because it runs from a streaming account on a server so it runs of off WiFi. (Us WiFi and Canadian as well) If I find out anything new when I play I will let you all know. :)

Gooie, you don't want the 3DS version for *reasons*. You should know what I mean.

Darn, it uses your NNID? I own a Gateway 3DS which means I can install all kinds of apps from all regions on my European 3DS XL, so I hoped to just buy an activation key, install the game using a .cia file and play using my Japanese SE account.

Well, I can still hope for this to make some progress.

How much does it cost to use the 3DS version?

Is it 1500Â¥ + subscription for the game per month.

Or only 1500Â¥ per month?

I just signed in and looked around. You can sign in with a square enix account, but it makes you make a new one. It gives you a username and a qr to fill out the rest of the rest of the info. It says on the upper portion on the page that unlike the PC, Wii u, and Wii versions you must make a different account for 3ds. That sucks if you are super far with a character in another version. If you are ok with starting a new character than I suggest the NNID way to play and pay. You don't have to change VPN that way or have to deal with the crysta system. Sorry about that...I wish I could have found better news for you.

You do NOT need a foreign credit card for eshop payments with NNID. I have a Canadian card and it accepts visa. Also, if your gateway device does not allow you to connect to the internet or NNID then it may not be possible for you to play dragon quest x. The app itself digitally costs around 4,000Â¥. Your subscription cost is 1670Â¥. I got the physical packet for Christmas and it gives you 3 months free plus a lot of item codes. Also, dqx 3ds has been greatly revamped! If anyone has not played it recently as I have please refrain from making an opinion. If you have high speed internet you should have a better experience with it than I have. I have very limited net out in the country and I can still get on and play. :)

Keep in mind you would not be able to use that exploit to play it before long, Nintendo will patch that.

Wow, I did not know that.  So there is no IP ban, but you still need to have a JP 3DS and a copy of the game (obviously).  It's good to hear that this version has been improved since its release too.  It got some really bad PR when it was first released (and then pulled).

Also, welcome to the Den!

Yeah what happened when it was first released, was that there was a huge server overload and it couldn't handle it at the time. They didn't expect that many people. So they temporarily stopped sending it to retailers in order to space out the traffic. Once it calmed down they have continued shipments and have now sold around 95% of their stocks. It was just good to wait instead of getting it when it first was released just like most internet based software. Got to get the kinks out! Haha also thanks! I am really glad I could let DQ fans know about this!

Should this topic be merged with its duplicate?

Yeah hahaha I have no idea how it got duplicated. If anyone knows how to merge this with the other that would be much appreciated!

Only Woodus can merge topics, so hopefully he will see this request.  You can send him a PM if you like though and he will surely take care of it.

Awesome! Thanks, King Zenith!

Yup, got it merged, thanks for the PM or I may have missed it :)

New info again guys! Fixing my statement from before, I took a quick peek at the Manuel for dqx 3ds just now and it says you can link your previous square account to the 3ds version ONLY if you have not started a game with NNID. I started it with NNID so it randomly generates a username for me to make a square account to use in other versions. You can still use the eshop payment option to pay even if you are signed in with the square account! Sorry I am still learning new things as well so bare with me! Haha

Edited by Erdrick1989

I purchased the 3DS version a couple months ago, but I have yet to successfully connect to it...

My 60 day trial expired recently, so I can no longer attempt to connect to it without paying for it... :(

That's weird...I have had no issue and my internet is garbage ( limited GB per month and I live out in the middle of nowhere). Hmmm... What kind of error are you getting? Also out of curiosity what type of router do you have? Have you tried connecting with NNID or the square account?

Yes just make sure that you hit the second (blue) option on the title screen before the first (red) one or it will set it up with NNID. :)

Edited by Erdrick1989

That's weird...I have had no issue and my internet is garbage ( limited GB per month and I live out in the middle of nowhere). Hmmm... What kind of error are you getting? Also out of curiosity what type of router do you have? Have you tried connecting with NNID or the square account?

I was getting error DQU-010-204-X (Which I think was the network speed error).

My router is a TP-LINK(forget the model number) running the latest compatible DD-WRT firmware, though I've tried connecting from multiple locations.

I'm using my existing DQX account, which was setup via a SE account.

Edit:  As a (not necessarily accurate) point of reference, running a Speedtest against a server in the middle of Japan, I can ping it at about 209 ms.

Edited by MKVarana

For regionfree gaming you can set up an EmuNAND and update that one to the latest firmware while your SysNAND stays on 9.2 or something below. If Nintendo patches anything you can easily restore your EmuNAND. Oh, and you can install game updates as .cia files if you are out of region. I'm playing both DQM 3D games updated to their latest versions without any access to the JP eshop. ^^

So you don't have to use your NNID? That's awesome - but can you pay with Crysta? If it's still necessary to connect to the JP eshop or use JP eshop funds, I won't be able to play on my 3DS (installing the game and it's updates isn't a problem on EmuNAND, though).