Sign in to follow this  
Omegaplex

Anybody wanna take odds on the Western release of DQ6 Mobile?

(...remember we got inferior versions of 3, 5, and 8 that were based on the mobile, DS, and original JPN release instead of the superior SNES, PS2, and International release respectively), and most importantly will it get released outside Japan?...)

As for DQ 6 - it's by far my least favorite out of 1-9 and is the only numbered DQ title I haven't finished.  It's really the only one I don't really like but I am hoping it being on my cell phone might mean I can actually get around to finishing it lol.

I'd agree we got the inferior version of DQ8, losing the superior graphics interface (item icons), symphonic music score, and *superb* voice acting.

But I don't think the DQ3 mobile was particularly inferior, despite losing an extraneous minigame and a super optional post-game dungeon grinder - I'd call that even, since A) the content doesn't add anything of substance to the story or gameplay (and the items from the minigame were redistributed out into the rest of the game anyway), and B) we never played it to miss it anyhow.

And I'd say we actually got the superior version of DQ5, as I'd easily say Debora>anything in the PS2 version.

But yeah, we're all waiting with baited breath on the mobile version of 7, and how it's gonna play out. The mobile producer has expressed interest in doing the Dragon Quest series, but I don't know how much say he has in what his team gets to localize.

I have to admit that Debora is the best waifu.  Plus she gives you the coolest looking kids (Super Saiyan kids never clicked with me :P)!

At this point in time I'm just happy to get even the mobile games.  I bought, finished, and completely loved DQ 1-5 and 8 on my phone.  I had SOOOO much fun replaying them during down time at work, around the house, and on long rides lol.  I am there day one for the DQ 6 port even though a) I already own it on DS and b) DQ 6 is my least favorite DQ.  And you know what?  If mobile is the only platform that DQ 7 gets re-released on (in English mind you) then fine.  A mobile port of 7 is better than no port of 7.

• Upvote 1

(...remember we got inferior versions of 3, 5, and 8 that were based on the mobile, DS, and original JPN release instead of the superior SNES, PS2, and International release respectively), and most importantly will it get released outside Japan?...)

As for DQ 6 - it's by far my least favorite out of 1-9 and is the only numbered DQ title I haven't finished.  It's really the only one I don't really like but I am hoping it being on my cell phone might mean I can actually get around to finishing it lol.

I'd agree we got the inferior version of DQ8, losing the superior graphics interface (item icons), symphonic music score, and *superb* voice acting.

But I don't think the DQ3 mobile was particularly inferior, despite losing an extraneous minigame and a super optional post-game dungeon grinder - I'd call that even, since A) the content doesn't add anything of substance to the story or gameplay (and the items from the minigame were redistributed out into the rest of the game anyway), and B) we never played it to miss it anyhow.

And I'd say we actually got the superior version of DQ5, as I'd easily say Debora>anything in the PS2 version.

But yeah, we're all waiting with baited breath on the mobile version of 7, and how it's gonna play out. The mobile producer has expressed interest in doing the Dragon Quest series, but I don't know how much say he has in what his team gets to localize.

I have to admit that Debora is the best waifu.  Plus she gives you the coolest looking kids (Super Saiyan kids never clicked with me :P)!

I am gonna have to play 5 a couple more times to have Debora and Nera as the wife

Yeah, I'll bite on the animations bit. That's a definite step down on the DQ3 mobile version. But I don't think the post-game...post-game dungeon or the minigame are a big deal. At least they redistributed the prizes so we didn't miss all the extra items. I mean, they could have given us the NES version lol... it's a huge improvement over the only official release we've ever had - at least it's moving in the right direction!

Yeah, I'll bite on the animations bit. That's a definite step down on the DQ3 mobile version. But I don't think the post-game...post-game dungeon or the minigame are a big deal. At least they redistributed the prizes so we didn't miss all the extra items. I mean, they could have given us the NES version lol... it's a huge improvement over the only official release we've ever had - at least it's moving in the right direction!

We got NES and GBC. 2 official versions.

I'm starting to think the problem ISN'T that DQ6 is supposed to be released, and they just haven't yet.

I think the problem is, whoever is supposed to handle DQ, period, in the US especially, isn't doing their damn job.  I had heard from a friend that they budgeted a LOT more money for both DQH and were supposed to have budgeted money for another DQ title that never showed up, was never talked about at e3.  So something is screwy here.

I'd wager a bet that the main reason we aren't seeing stuff like, DQ7 coming out, isn't that DQ7 isn't being worked on.  It's that it's done, but the team that is supposed to handle it doesn't get their $#!& done, wastes money, and repeats that they're getting their $#!& done.  By the time it's checked, they don't care enough because there isn't enough time to care, or fix the situation.  Afterall, they would have to go through SE Japan.

I'm quite serious.  I'm 100% positive that DQ7 is not only fully translated into English, but I'm 100% positive that it's set and ready to go, and Nintendo is waiting on SE's go-ahead to announce, but SE is sitting on it, likely because they haven't prioritized it.

I'd bet anything this is the same reason why DQH saw only a 15s video on the show floor of their conference, when most people watch that, and NOT the videos after the fact.  Most of those videos are watched BECAUSE the game was initially shown in conference.  Otherwise, if no conference, they'll be forced to watch all the live coverage, or check out the site maps, and confusing as heck E3 sites, attempting to find any trace of a JRPG.

I am 100% convinced this is what is really going on.  SE Japan things they're getting stuff done, SE US/EU doesn't give a bloody f, or at least the internal group and external PR firm (likely due to lack of uber funding for it, because they're overpriced, cocky, and don't have to care about the product, because they're paid for anyway, and it would be hard to destroy their contract or prove they werent' doing their jobs, and thus breached their contract with SE, unless the paperwork is there).

I'd bet anything, the main reason for the sabotage is the internal attitude regarding DQ in general.  Especially in how SE NA/EU is organized.

I would ask that anyone with any insider contacts, anything, not to get word back to the fans, not to say anything back to us, but to literally push internally for answers as to why DQ is being, seemingly, purposefully sabotaged.  Why not get back to us?  Some of the fans are volatile and unhinged, and need to strike out against anyone they feel they can, to blame for the lack of DQ in the US.  I don't think it's a huge problem, but a small minority can do a lot of damage.

At the very least to get higher ups to do an internal investigation as to why stuff like this, DQ6 hanging in the balance, or even the 1 week long presence of "Dargon Quest IV" was ever allowed in the first place.  Think about this, if this is really the case, this MIGHT help assure DQ for US all over the world and outside Japan.

Cheers.

Edited by ignasia7

No offense but I think you're taking this a bit too seriously. All the previous DQ mobile games took at least a month to show up in US after being released in Japan. The fact that a listing exists in English seems to be an anomaly and nothing more.

Another thing to think about is potential bugs. Maybe Square uses the month difference to squash bugs discovered by Japanese players.

No offense but I think you're taking this a bit too seriously. All the previous DQ mobile games took at least a month to show up in US after being released in Japan. The fact that a listing exists in English seems to be an anomaly and nothing more.

Another thing to think about is potential bugs. Maybe Square uses the month difference to squash bugs discovered by Japanese players.

It was 6 months between DQ5 mobile  in japan and the Japanese release of dq6 in mobile.   I don't see why it takes 5 months + for dq6 to come out in both English and Japanese.

I'm quite serious.  I'm 100% positive that DQ7 is not only fully translated into English, but I'm 100% positive that it's set and ready to go, and Nintendo is waiting on SE's go-ahead to announce, but SE is sitting on it, likely because they haven't prioritized it.

I vaguely remember seeing one of the reputable people on Gamefaqs leaking that Dragon Quest VII should be announced last E3 and was later confused as to why it wasn't. I'll try to find a source on that but I'm sure it was discussed here.

I'm quite serious. I'm 100% positive that DQ7 is not only fully translated into English, but I'm 100% positive that it's set and ready to go, and Nintendo is waiting on SE's go-ahead to announce, but SE is sitting on it, likely because they haven't prioritized it.

I vaguely remember seeing one of the reputable people on Gamefaqs leaking that Dragon Quest VII should be announced last E3 and was later confused as to why it wasn't. I'll try to find a source on that but I'm sure it was discussed here.

It was discussed here.

I'm quite serious. I'm 100% positive that DQ7 is not only fully translated into English, but I'm 100% positive that it's set and ready to go, and Nintendo is waiting on SE's go-ahead to announce, but SE is sitting on it, likely because they haven't prioritized it.

It was discussed here.

Yeah I remember. 

Edited by DarkBaramos

It was discussed here.
Sounds familiar. You know, I was 100% hyped for E3 last year. Positivity was pouring out of me. Now look at me.

It's not coming.

Maybe, except it's been a day from a week now, and no DQ6 downloadable, but it's on the app store?

The point is, if I'm wrong, fine, then move on.  If I'm right, that means everything, and there's a chance to possibly tweak things.

We had Dargon Quest 4 up for almost two weeks.  This is the only mobile release so far, of all mobile releases, to see a presence but no download.  Not for a day, but for 6 now.

The problem with bugs, is they have on-staff maintenance people, and DQ6 being the only current and newest release would suggest prioritization.  I would expect a day of issues, not a week.  So, how would you relate that problem?  Granted, FF4 TAY edition on mobile had Golbeza for almost 2 years, in the field menu, and there are a few other FF mobile game bugs and issues that haven't been addressed, however bugs in a game and not having a download aren't quite the same thing.  Sure there could be an issue with their uploader, but I would expect that see instant fixing, and then the current game release to be fixed immediately.  Afterall, a bug in a game that is minor will not affect sales, but no game at all means no sales at all.

*Edit* - Sorry mad cap, I came off a bit like an ass.  I reworded that last paragraph to remove that element.

Edited by ignasia7

According to GameFAQs/Wikipedia with the Japanese release first and the international release second:

DQ 1 - November 2013; September 2014 (ten months)
DQ 2 - June 2014; October 2014 (four months)
DQ 3 - September 2014; December 2014 (three months)
DQ 4 - April 2014; August 2014 (four months)
DQ 5 - Dec 2014; January 2015 (one month)
DQ 8 - December 2013; May 2014 (four months)

Going by that I would say DQ 6 could be as earlier as July and as late as October.  It looks like 3-4 months is the average.

Uh.... No. :)

I was tired. Give me a break haha.

The math man in me was like... Uhhh...

Haha!

Uh.... No. :)

I was tired. Give me a break haha.

The math man in me was like... Uhhh...

Haha!

You're crafty I'll give you that haha.

I'm excited about DQ 6 and the mobile DQM game though. :)

• Upvote 1

I bought DQ6 for my DS but never finished it, I am more likely to actually finish it on my phone... So I am looking forward to this release as well

Wish they would port over DQM and DQM2, I really liked those, I don't really see any reason why they couldn't port them over from the gameboy games... 

• Upvote 1

Or better yet port the PS1 version of DQM1+2!

Or better still how about actually localizing the 3DS versions for both mobile AND 3DS (that way everyone wins!)!

At least DQM Super Light is finally happening. So there's that.

• Upvote 1

I am seriously considering learning Japanese and dropping $400 to import DQM2 and the special DQM 3DS

• Upvote 1

I think now that DQ6 is released in Japan, focus will now turn once again to Final Fantasy. FF7 was already announced for iOS. Now that Apple has allowed apps of up to 4 GB on their app store, the PS1 era of final fantasy games have become more feasible to port over. Of course, once Square releases a Final Fantasy game for iOS they almost always release it for android as well.

I am seriously considering learning Japanese and dropping $400 to import DQM2 and the special DQM 3DS

Fortunately it would probably be closer to $300.

I actually imported a Japanese New 3DS last week so I can finally play some of these games. Still waiting on the charger though...

I think now that DQ6 is released in Japan, focus will now turn once again to Final Fantasy. FF7 was already announced for iOS. Now that Apple has allowed apps of up to 4 GB on their app store, the PS1 era of final fantasy games have become more feasible to port over. Of course, once Square releases a Final Fantasy game for iOS they almost always release it for android as well.

I'd be down for FF 7-9 iOS ports! Then I'd have 1-9 on my phone. :)

I can play the older Final Fantasy and Dragon Quest games over and over again. I absolutely adore the classics.

I hope that DQ 7 makes it over to iOS someday as well too. I know it's already announced but it could still be a ways off. I would buy DQ 7 3DS and then a year or so later buy a mobile port to have with the rest. Hopefully DQ 9 will grace my phone someday so I could have a complete FF 1-9 and DQ 1-9 phone collection. That would be awesome. :)

I'd be down for FF 7-9 iOS ports! Then I'd have 1-9 on my phone. :)

I can play the older Final Fantasy and Dragon Quest games over and over again. I absolutely adore the classics.

I hope that DQ 7 makes it over to iOS someday as well too. I know it's already announced but it could still be a ways off. I would buy DQ 7 3DS and then a year or so later buy a mobile port to have with the rest. Hopefully DQ 9 will grace my phone someday so I could have a complete FF 1-9 and DQ 1-9 phone collection. That would be awesome. :)

That would be more than Awesome it would be Epic!! I have never played DQ7 so I am definetly looking forward to that, I would love a FF7 Port for phone, I already have FFT and FF6 on my phone. I still think FF6 is my all time favorite JRPG. I have the original SNES cartridge, the GBA version, I have it on my phone, I even have the FF Anthology for PS1 with it in it lol, I think I have purchased every US version of FF6 lol :P