So I did some checking into Masters of the Masks...

Oh geez, VeghEsther... now there's a guy who wouldn't stop spouting off the same message again and again.

I can't say I'm all that interested in FFs past IX, but maybe one day I'll check out XII for myself. I'll be curious if my opinion is like Iggys, Plattys, or something else...DUN DUN DUUUUUN.

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Give me a minute...   Hiding the name within FF11 is suggestive.  Alliteration is suggestive.   DOES BLOODY SQUARE BLOODY F*#%*#)%)*#*%)#%*)#%*) ENIX HAVE NO SENSE OF HONOUR?  IS LITERALLY NOTHING

As far as I'm concerned, Atlus has been the "King of RPGs" for a long while now despite their sudden love of DLC in their games and the overabundance of Persona 3 and 4 **** as of late.  They continue

Premium mobile titles should exist, and we need more of them.   Just because it can be played on a cell phone doesn't mean $#!&.

Oh geez, VeghEsther... now there's a guy who wouldn't stop spouting off the same message again and again.

I can't say I'm all that interested in FFs past IX, but maybe one day I'll check out XII for myself. I'll be curious if my opinion is like Iggys, Plattys, or something else...DUN DUN DUUUUUN.

Pick me. Pick me!

Besides the subtitle not being related in any way to DQ7 (but possibly having to do with X - unfortunately we don't know enough about X to be sure), it also makes sense that (if it's a DQ game) that it would be X considering that the placeholder is held under FF11, another Square Enix MMORPG.

There playing the game here are plenty of us, and it has been out for over three years now. I think anything with mask in it would be a real stretch for the game. It is as applicable to DQ 9 as it is to 10 (not much).

Haven't heard anyone mention it, but Eidos Shanghai and Square Enix China are credited in the ending credits for the 2.0 expansion (2.4 to be precise). https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VijgIoeGVyw#t=19m30sThe link should take you to the relevant portion if you want to avoid spoilers (don't go past 20:30).

Edited by Mimas

@Erdrick They only said they had a game plan for a South Asian localization, assuming everything looked happy-joyful. Nothing was actually confirmed, just considered. Moreso than the concept of a Western release.

@Erdrick They only said they had a game plan for a South Asian localization, assuming everything looked happy-joyful. Nothing was actually confirmed, just considered. Moreso than the concept of a Western release.

People took their "overseas" announcement a while back to mean "overocean". They just meant Asia.

X can stay in Japan for all I care. Just give us VII 3DS and we'll call it good.

• 1 month later...

This is for FFXI. :|

You could have been a bit less vague. Matt probably thought you were still under the impression that it was unknown what it was until you posted that link.

I'm curious why the sentiment in the last few posts seems to assume that MotM was discussed in that link, and that the streamed discussion has already happened, and that MotM has been decided and openly unveiled.

Ok...it hasn't happened yet, but sure.  It's possible they MIGHT discuss it.  It's possible it really IS related to FF11 (though why bury it?  Why no hints anywhere related to it on FF11, in-game, on the forums, anywhere on its sites, no teasers either, or any indication of any relation of any kind, and it's been months now?

I think it's for at the very least, a market test for DQX.

Unlike Holey Heroes, this subtitle fits DQX. Or even DQ7.

I remember us discussing that this was an expansion to FF11 a ways back. I'm sure if you look through the other 6 pages you'll find it somewhere.

I remember us discussing that this was an expansion to FF11 a ways back. I'm sure if you look through the other 6 pages you'll find it somewhere.

I recall the conversation, which really didn't lend to any real conclusion given the oddities inherent, for this to really be for FF11.  I just found it strange that yours and Ryu's posts were inferring this was already a case-closed, without the usual markers of sarcasm, with the insinuation Mario's link only further demonstrates this element, with a question in why he bothered to question what should somehow be a given truth.

It just threw me off-base a little.

So FFXI is finally coming to an end. The last expansion shall come out soon and well...that's it. I know I give a lot of $#!& for Square on a lot of things but respect goes to them for making such an incredible Final Fantasy game. It's my fav of the series for many reasons and is now a good reason to go back and explore that wonderful world one last time.

On another note, still no word on Masters Of The Masks

I thought it was a link for DQX.

On another note, still no word on Masters Of The Masks

Maybe with the closure of Final Fantasy XI they could make room for Dragon Quest X now...?

I certainly hope so, me and ten of my other friends (six of them who are Nintendo fans and have never experienced an MMO) would like to play a charming MMO adventure game. The money is here for the taking Square.

From what I read, support for PS2 and Xbox 360 ends in March 2016. The last part of the final update will arrive in November. Final Fantasy XI still has a way to go, so slow your roll, guys.

From what I read, support for PS2 and Xbox 360 ends in March 2016. The last part of the final update will arrive in November. Final Fantasy XI still has a way to go, so slow your roll, guys.

The final update more or less is Square telling thanks to the PS2/360 owners for playing. Even still, that's pretty much it, FFXI will be over, yes, it'll be still running for some time on PC after march next year, but there will never be any more expansions and very few minor patches. It's pretty much ran it's course and ended after being around for more than ten years (Games been around since 2001 damn).

It solely exists after March 2016 for people who want a nostalgic feel again really. 

Turned out the news is FFXI coming to mobile here and Japan.

http://www.pocketgamer.co.uk/r/Android/Final+Fantasy+XI+Mobile/news.asp?c=64426