Sign in to follow this  
DarkBaramos

Dragon Quest V progress

Ummm

I'm at Uptaten Towers. By the way, what kind of stupid pun is that? "Up to 10" meaning how tall they are? Or am I missing something more clever (I hope)? A pair of haunted towers, and that's the best name they could come up with? I mean, in DQ3, we got SKYREND Tower... how much cooler is that??

Yeah, I'm taking it slow. Don't want to run out of game before Dragon Quest VI comes along, and given how huge that game is, it could be awhile.

Edited by Omegaplex

The Uptaten naming is purely to facilitate the further pun of the master of that place: Count Uptaten.  Yes.  Count up to ten. It's....bad.

Don't forget Miss Count.

Not sad at all.  Your immunity to that kind of thing is the envy of many a DQ fan. 

Finally beat the game. Nimzo was far easier than I remembered, I killed him before he was even able to use meditate!

Not sad at all.  Your immunity to that kind of thing is the envy of many a DQ fan. 

Or it wasn't as obvious as others

Well back to trying to recruit a smile king and metal slime. 

edit

So far i killed 39 metal slimes but nothing and i know that is very very difficult to recruit

I killed 129 king slimes and notta there either.

Edited by sounderfan84

Don't forget to put in for Lightspeed, Bara.

And check KZ's Monster guide on Gamefaqs. It'll tell ya.

To be honest, I'm sticking, as monsters go, with Saber, a Slime Knight... and really, I never got more than those. I ended up using Hero, Bianca, Parry, and Madchen. :( No monstas.

matt,

This is the first time i ever played DQ5, so i am not used to having to grind so much.   Grinding for gold/levels is one thing but grinding for recruiting is just not used to having to put that much effort.

So.... I kinda screwed myself. I walk around everywhere with musk on, because I am a serial grinder. All well and good until my main party gets wiped out by a kamikaze rockbomb on the last floor of the volcano, no one left alive has evac. It's going to be a long walk home.

Edited by Neil_

So.... I kinda screwed myself. I walk around everywhere with musk on, because I am a serial grinder. All well and good until my main party gets wiped out by a kamikaze rockbomb on the last floor of the volcano, no one left alive has evac. It's going to be a long walk home.

Ouch that is cruel just cruel. 

Went fairly well thankfully. The b team is pretty good. The flamethrowers were a bit rough, but everyone else made it back alive.

Current a team:

Me (l31, a170, d132)

Goodian, slime knight (l30, a140, d135)

Kim, chimaera (l17, a146, d129)

Adams, rotten apple (l20, a137, d151)

B team:

Sloth, powie yowie (l25, a124, d139)

Eyedlebye, cross eye (l16, a128, d128)

Newton, small fry (l21, a137, d110)

Bud, grudgerigar (l20, a111, d129)

Yes, I sent my sabrecat to the daycare center. He's a slacker.

Edited by Neil_

Went fairly well thankfully. The b team is pretty good. The flamethrowers were a bit rough, but everyone else made it back alive.

At least your not in the position i am in trying to recruit a 1/64 odds king slime and a 1/256 odds metal slime.

Is it sad that i never spotted that pun.

Damn. Me neither. Ugh. And I've played it before and last night spent time thinking of it last night and still didn't get it.

I kept pronouncing it up-tate-en like tate that rhymes with great.

So, I'm stuck in town with me. Know there's a ghost around, can't find him or trigger it.

Damn. Me neither. Ugh. And I've played it before and last night spent time thinking of it last night and still didn't get it.

So, I'm stuck in town with me. Know there's a ghost around, can't find him or trigger it.

You mean who's been stealing objects? Check the bar

Edited by sounderfan84

Yes.

Yes.

Check the bar in the basement of the inn there should be a transparent NPC.

I didn't notice the pun at first until my mom pointed it out. I thought Uptaten was pronounced "Up-tay-tin" when it first came out.

I decided to put down the phone and do something else for a while as its getting a bit annoyed fighting king slimes, slimes, cureslimes and metal slimes while trying to recruit king and metal slimes.

The puns are really bad in V and VI, so much so, I find it takes away from the game.  Perhaps the worst one in my opinion, is the character named Mat, whose last name is Tress.  The poor kid was dealt a pretty crappy hand in life, he didn't need his name being a joke.  There's also a scene in V that puns just kill the seriousness of it.

After continuing the story i am now at castle Gotha and since i need the gold for gear i am back to trying to recruit king slime but decided to not try to recruit metal slime until i need the levels.

edit

Success i finally recruited a King Slime

Edited by sounderfan84
  • Upvote 2

After continuing the story i am now at castle Gotha and since i need the gold for gear i am back to trying to recruit king slime but decided to not try to recruit metal slime until i need the levels.

edit

Congrats! I'm currently grinding up for post game.

edit

Congrats! I'm currently grinding up for post game.

I'm at the right of passage area and just recruited a orc king Aka multiheal

Sign in to follow this