Sign in to follow this  
DarkBaramos

Dragon Quest V progress

With Dragon Quest V being released I thought it'd be fun to have another progress topic. How's

everyone doing? I just bought a copper sword for the main hero and a whip for Bianca in order to

prepare for the Uptaten Tower boss.

I can't get Bianca to level past level one because all monsters hate her and just kill her in one round.

• Upvote 1

I'm almost to the third part of the game.. One thing I noticed- as I'm following a guide, it seems that the "regional" items are not present in this version? Such as the Terrorcrow and the Marital Organ from the DS version.. Although I do have a Whealbrook Stone.. 

Is this the case? or are they in different places from the DS version? Any other major differences? 

sidenote- this is only my second time playing this game, the first being a translated SFC.

The knick knacks should be in the game. They weren't used just for streetpass, they were in the PS2 version too. Unless they cut the extra content like they did with DQ3, but then the whealbrook stone wouldn't be present.

I hope I'm not the only one but does anyone else dread the Faerie section of the game? I've always found it extremely boring.

The Faerie section is one of the most nostalgic for me.

My favorite part is when you have to work at getting a bride. The dungeons are fun and the story is touching. Honestly, the whole second generation is great. Nay! The whole game is!

my first try on tnt board i landed on the return to start then i hit the warp. with 4 dice roll left i roll a 3 and 3 which i could pick the roll thus finished the board

my first try on tnt board i landed on the return to start then i hit the warp. with 4 dice roll left i roll a 3 and 3 which i could pick the roll thus finished the board

And that's why you don't hit reset until after all your turns are over, even if you get sent back to the beginning.

And that's why you don't hit reset until after all your turns are over, even if you get sent back to the beginning.

ya i was lucky the first time

I cannot wait for T&T.

Up a ten for me.

The red apple guy is pretty good early in the game.

The red apple guy is pretty good early in the game.

I'm already passed that area where the red apple is at. Currently at Lodestar harbor.  I would have to go back 4 hours and start from that point and do stuff over again as i been terrible at saving often.

Currently grinding at Metal Slimes. My party is currently at 17 for the Hero, 17 for Harry, 13 for Brownie and 17 for my Slime.

Currently grinding at Metal Slimes. My party is currently at 17 for the Hero, 17 for Harry, 13 for Brownie and 17 for my Slime.

Managed to recruit one a metal slime yet?

Faerie land now

how long did it take to get the gold ball in the tombila thing?

edit

success finally gotten the golden ball

Edited by sounderfan84

Managed to recruit one a metal slime yet?

Not yet but I might get one if I'm lucky since I've returned to that area in order to grind out my Slime Knight.

Chimera can be useful if you get one. Another helpful monster is the Archdemon, though it isn't as easy to get nor can you get it as early.

I'm almost to the third part of the game.. One thing I noticed- as I'm following a guide, it seems that the "regional" items are not present in this version? Such as the Terrorcrow and the Marital Organ from the DS version.. Although I do have a Whealbrook Stone.. 

Is this the case? or are they in different places from the DS version? Any other major differences? 

sidenote- this is only my second time playing this game, the first being a translated SFC.

I have the Martial organ when i went back to coburg after i got the zoom spell.

wow 2nd tnt is cruel. i hit the trap door twice go back to start twice got the 2nd level went around twice then kept hitting the go back two space 3 times only to run out of dice

Just started last night, now I'm in Generation II, currently gonna get the Zenithian Sword.