Sign in to follow this  
YourEnd7

What is This Item?

After finishing up the last battle to complete my foresudon gate quest, a treasure chest dropped. Assuming it was probably just those eggs, I opened it up and found something very strange. Now, I have opened the weapon recipe for that one whip and learned it already, but this was something completely different. I looked up all possible foresudon drops on this bestiary site for DQX and they only have the eggs and whip recipe on there. So, I am asking you guys now. What is this item and is it useful to me? It cannot be traded or sold on the auction house. Below is a SS of the item:

Xk68aa5.png

Thank you to anyone who finds out what it is~

Cranberry helped me with this in game. This is some new years item thing. You gotta go to the central continent and kill these black furr monsters outside of the place where you get the weekly hunt quest. Kill 5 of them to get 2 metal fragments. 10 minute time limit. If you're not able to go to that continent like me, then party up with a willing person who can and they can get the quest done for you if you use the scroll as party leader with them in your party. 

I'd like to add that the scrolls are randomized.  This one was for a continent and actually I'm not sure that this was a New Years one.  I assumed that cuz it couldn't be traded.  This is something new so it may not be related to New Years at all.  I wasn't aware of scrolls with time limits until today.

Anyways each scroll is unique and will have different enemies and different locations to go to.