Sign in to follow this  
Cain

DQ3 hates lollipops

So I installed a custom Android 5.0 rom on my S3 and it seems DQ3 is the only game that I own that doesn't work. Hopefully V will work when it's released next month. Just a warning to those who will be getting the Android 5.0 update.

And now I've got that trashy 50 Cent song stuck in my head.

• Upvote 2

Seems to be working now. Not sure why, but I'm not complaining.

Lollipop has the newest Android RunTime (( Or ART )) enabled.

Most of SE's titles are made without ART in mind, and they run wonky.

Kind of like going from iOS5 to iOS8 in terms of performance.

So it stopped working again and I can't fix it this time. I would force stop the app, then clear the cache and it would usually work. I & II work just fine though. Oh well, that's what I get for having to have the latest and greatest.

Wrong tab/thread. Sorry!

Edited by Erdrick The Hero

And Cain, you miiiight wanna go back to KitKat.

Is 5.0 even officially out on S3s yet?

And Cain, you miiiight wanna go back to KitKat.

Is 5.0 even officially out on S3s yet?

Last i heard 5.0 probably will not have an official release for the S3's

Edited by sounderfan84

I was using an unofficial S3 Cyanogenmod ROM. I went back to CM11 because the camera doesn't work at all and even the third party ones don't help. Had some issues with MMS and of course DQ3. I'll give it a few months to mature before trying again. Samsung won't come out with an official ROM and it doesn't look like CyanogenMod will either because they don't have a d2att maintainer.

I was using an unofficial S3 Cyanogenmod ROM. I went back to CM11 because the camera doesn't work at all and even the third party ones don't help. Had some issues with MMS and of course DQ3. I'll give it a few months to mature before trying again. Samsung won't come out with an official ROM and it doesn't look like CyanogenMod will either because they don't have a d2att maintainer.

I thought they merged the US galaxy III variations to a single build? Unless you mean there isn't any one to test it out for D2att?

Edited by sounderfan84

Huh...

Well, if the S3 has specs that can really support 5.0, then CM will get a proper build for it.

I thought they merged the US galaxy III variations to a single build? Unless you mean there isn't any one to test it out for D2att?

Yeah they merged d2att with a bunch of others and called it d2lte. The problem is the chipset has little to no documentation so it's hard to maintain. Even the current release of CM11 has some issues that may never get fixed like the camera.

Yeah they merged d2att with a bunch of others and called it d2lte. The problem is the chipset has little to no documentation so it's hard to maintain. Even the current release of CM11 has some issues that may never get fixed like the camera.

ah i understand it.  I probably stick with 4.3 on my s3 although i wasn't amused that google got rid of USB mass storage however since it has on the go support i can just use my 32gig flash drive instead so its not a huge loss.