Sign in to follow this  
yaridovic

Playing Dragon Quest Android versions with a wireless controller adapt

I'm pretty sure a port of the psone version could work on mobile without any text cut. Was it ever confirmed that the 3ds version would be the port? Because I actually think it'll be a port of the psone version. One reason being if they're able to port the 3ds version of DQ VII why not IX?

You guys keep forgetting... 2GB is MORE than enough. The PSX version + an emulator will fit within 2GB uncompressed. The 3DS's script is likely around the same size as the PSX version's. The rest of the game I'm guessing is about the same size. The 3DS version's assets are probably a lot bigger in file size, but the game also doesn't need to store FMVs or tons of duplicate data like the PSX version does.

And even if the size limit was a problem, I'm sure SE could figure out how to compress it.

I'm pretty sure a port of the psone version could work on mobile without any text cut. Was it ever confirmed that the 3ds version would be the port? Because I actually think it'll be a port of the psone version. One reason being if they're able to port the 3ds version of DQ VII why not IX?

3ds has update graphics.  I'm under the assumption it'll be based on the newer port.  4 5 6 were based on the current port of the game.

Guys, the size of the script has very little impact on the size of the game. It's the models, textures and audio that makes a game large.

Guys, the size of the script has very little impact on the size of the game. It's the models, textures and audio that makes a game large.

This is what I've been trying to say.

Unless the game is fully voice acted (Or large parts of it are), and it's not, the game's script has very little impact on its file size.

Sign in to follow this