Sign in to follow this  
yaridovic

Playing Dragon Quest Android versions with a wireless controller adapt

I am planning to download the mobile versions of the Dragon Quest games, at least I, II and III, which were never released before in the West. I don't like touch control so I was wondering if it is possible to plug a wireless controller (or an adapter) and play the old-fashioned way somehow.

Anyone could help me?

Can't do it. But the mobile versions have good control schemes, so no worries there.

at least I, II and III, which were never released before in the West.

You must be from Europe. They came to the US on the NES and Gameboy Color.

I am planning to download the mobile versions of the Dragon Quest games, at least I, II and III, which were never released before in the West. I don't like touch control so I was wondering if it is possible to plug a wireless controller (or an adapter) and play the old-fashioned way somehow.

Anyone could help me?

If that was possible it'd be really neat. Especially because I like to airplay the mobile games through Apple TV.

Anyone could help me?

If that was possible it'd be really neat. Especially because I like to airplay the mobile games through Apple TV.

So I'm not the only one to AirPlay them. Cool.

Yes, I am from Europe (Spain). I totally forgot about the American releases when I wrote this, but I was perfectly aware of their existance. Subconsciosly I was thinking about the new dialect-based translation, which was done accordingly to the other Dragon Quest games released after VIII.

It's a shame the mobile ports don't admit a proper gamepad control, since I was curious about the Erdrick trilogy ones at least. However, I had the chance to play DQIII a bit and I do not consider the best version around: no introduction video, there are no longer any monster animations in battle and the pachisi tracks were omitted. The updated music it's certainly something, but little more could be praised compared to the SNES version.

Well, it -is- an updated port of a Japan-only mobile release of DQ3. Same for 1 and 2.

DQ5 and 6 should retain their DS-ness, as they're going to be ports of the DS titles.

Well, it -is- an updated port of a Japan-only mobile release of DQ3. Same for 1 and 2.

DQ5 and 6 should retain their DS-ness, as they're going to be ports of the DS titles.

Don't for get DQ7 as it'll probably be off the currently Japanese only DS release if it were to come out west for mobile.

Don't for get DQ7 as it'll probably be off the currently Japanese only DS release if it were to come out west for mobile.
Actually, DO forget it. Because it's not coming. Edited by Plattym3
  • Upvote 2

No... I see DQ7 coming for mobile. But even if it doesn't... we'll have 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, and 6. And 9. I don't see why 7 wouldn't be there.

By 9 I assume you mean 8.

Actually, DO forget it. Because it's not coming.

Why?  SE never specifically mention about rather or not they would localize DQ7 for mobile. Sure it'll be a challenge but they never said they wouldn't for mobile.  Its only DS where they mention about the possibility of localizing.

Why? SE never specifically mention about rather or not they would localize DQ7 for mobile. Sure it'll be a challenge but they never said they wouldn't for mobile. Its only DS where they mention about the possibility of localizing.
What version would they give us?

It could be either one. I'd say it's more likely they do the 3DS version, except, the IV-VI engine would work perfectly fine for a port of the PSX version of DQ7.

Why? SE never specifically mention about rather or not they would localize DQ7 for mobile. Sure it'll be a challenge but they never said they wouldn't for mobile. Its only DS where they mention about the possibility of localizing.
What version would they give us?

i would say mobile is more likely is what we get

if they can port it for mobile for japan they can port it for mobile out west. They are not sure its worth the cost for 3ds as they have to estimate how many copies to produce and if they make too many then are selling then that is not good. i can understand the concern.

With mobile they do not have that problem.

it'll be a challenging port but like i said i never heard them say that they wont.

Hell they can do both platforms. Its already ported to 3ds thus just needs a translation. If they are able to port it for mobile in japan then all it needs is a translation.

I think it'll sell more on mobile than on 3ds due to lower price.

Edited by sounderfan84

if they can port it for mobile for japan they can port it for mobile out west. They are not sure its worth the cost for 3ds as they have to estimate how many copies to produce and if they make too many then are selling then that is not good. i can understand the concern.

it'll be a challenging port but like i said i never heard them say that they wont.

Hell they can do both platforms. Its already ported to 3ds thus just needs a translation. If they are able to port it for mobile in japan then all it needs is a translation.

So the small issue of them coming out just 2-3 months ago and saying it'd take a year to translate so they're not sure they're going to do it hasn't deterred you at all? I'll not go out on a limb and say they haven't been working on it the past couple months, so you're hoping for a change in philosophy and for it magically to be a year later. Whilst I'd love that, it ain't happening.

So the small issue of them coming out just 2-3 months ago and saying it'd take a year to translate so they're not sure they're going to do it hasn't deterred you at all? I'll not go out on a limb and say they haven't been working on it the past couple months, so you're hoping for a change in philosophy and for it magically to be a year later. Whilst I'd love that, it ain't happening.

I gave up on the idea on Dragon Quest VII 3DS coming to the west so I just bought the psone version. I've had enough of these excuses Square Enix keeps giving.

• Upvote 2

Is it worth for them to spent a year to translate it when its only going to sell poorly for 3ds.  Remember in what context are we talking about mobile or 3ds?

The bigger issue with DQ7 is not rather they will translate it out west but if they are able to successful port it to moblie or not.  If they can't port it to mobile then its there is no point in translating it out west for mobile.

Edited by sounderfan84

Is it worth for them to spent a year to translate it when its only going to sell poorly for 3ds.  Remember in what context are we talking about mobile or 3ds?

The bigger issue with DQ7 is not rather they will translate it out west but if they are able to successful port it to moblie or not.  If they can't port it to mobile then its there is no point in translating it out west for mobile.

I don't think porting it to mobile is the problem. I recall Square Enix mentioning VII will come to mobile...in Japan.

I don't think porting it to mobile is the problem. I recall Square Enix mentioning VII will come to mobile...in Japan.

DQ7 has a lot of text though. It'll be interesting to see how they manage to get it to fit within 2gig app limit.

I think it'll have a better shot at coming out west for mobile then 3ds.  20 dollars for mobile vs $50-60? for 3ds. 

Plus since SE has been or is releasing the rest of the DQ games (1-6 & 8) for mobile as a single group project imo,  they may see it making enough money in general to justify the cost of localizing DQ7 out west compared to localizing a single game out west for 3ds which is a bigger gamble and more risk.

4-6 and 8 already had a recent up to date localization so they didn't need to relocalize it.  1-3 had to be relocalize but small enough to where they could set a cheap price.  I think SE is already making a good profit on the mobile releases so far. 

Edited by sounderfan84

Easy enough.  Remove party chat.

DQ7 for 3ds is already smaller text wise compared to PS1 as they made the intro shorter. Who knows what else is different text wise between PS1 and 3ds.

Edited by sounderfan84