Thanks to AerynB for the latest update to the Monster Wiki. The related monsters should all be added now, please let us know if anything looks strange. All of the NA and JPN release dates should be in there as well.

The only thing not updated at this point is DQ3 Android/iOS.

Ooh, awesome! Related monsters is a great touch (albeit a very complicated one). 

I think I have figured out how to use it, but I was a little bit confused at first.  Is/are the related monster(s) listed above the table via hyperlink?  There is no text header to say that the hyperlink names above table represent related monsters.  Would it be possible to add them as a separate table with its own header to make that clearer? 

Also, I noticed that some of the relationships don't go both ways.  For example, if I search Evil Franken, I see that Scytheborg is related.  But on the Scytheborg page, I don't get a link to Evil Franken (at least not directly).  I get a link to Mechalomaniac, which is equivalent (i.e. another localized name).  Is it programmed to only relate to the most recently used localized name for a monster?  I can see the rationale for that, as it would otherwise clutter up the relationships area with a bunch of effectively duplicated entries.  Still, it seems like it would be good to have Scytheborg relate back to Evil Franken and Mechalomaniac, omitting only exactly duplicated names so you don't get "Slime" listed for every single game that "Slime" appears in.

Anyway, love the monster wiki, love the relationships feature and I think this must have been a huge effort by AerynB (and Woodus!).  Thanks to you both for the great feature!

AerynB is a wizardress of epic proportions.  Awesome job as always, and thank you for all your hard work.

Yeah, KZ, I decided that I didn't want to clutter up the related monsters line with monsters that had the same Japanese name, like Evil Franken and Mecholomaniac. I just used the most recent localized name. Once you click on Mecholomaniac, you see that Evil Franken is its other name and then you can click to either DQ6 monster list pages if you want.

With monsters that only have 1 palette swap, your suggestion wouldn't be cluttered or difficult in the least. However, the Slime family (and by family I just mean the palette swaps), Harmour, Skeleton, and others that have a ton of palette swaps, well... it's just kind of a headache. But I'll totally take it under advisement. Anything to make this as completely user-friendly as possible. :)

And thanks, ignasia for the kind words. :D Now I can have fun playing DQ3! Woot!!

EDIT: On second thought, it probably wouldn't be too hard to put each localized name at the top. I'll have to think about it more. I guess I was mostly thinking about clutter/confusion. For instance, if both Evil Franken and Mecholomaniac show up as related monsters to Scytheborg, does the user think, "Hey, I didn't know there were two other palette swaps to Scytheborg! Who am I missing?" Then he clicks on both links and sees that they're the same monster. It just seems to me that one link would have sufficed.

On the other hand, I could have gone through and made it so Mecholomaniac was related to Scytheborg and Evil Franken was related to Megaborg (using the correct pair of names for the correct game), but that would have been a copy/paste nightmare. Especially for monsters with more than one palette swap.

Hmm... I'm going to have to give this some more thought. If anyone else has ideas, please let me know. Like I said, I do want to make this as informative and easy to use as possible. :)

Edited by AerynB

I don't want to add to the scope of what you have done at all.  If thought perhaps the relationships were already there and were just being removed programmatically to reduce clutter.  If you have to add a bunch of stuff manually, that sounds like a nightmare and I don't want to be responsible for causing any of those for you.

It's absolutely a fantastic tool and I think you have done a great job of making it stupid-proof. 

Thanks again for all your great work on this!

I added a heading above for the related monsters, put the English (clicked) name and the japanese name closer together and added code to add the commas in the related monsters (easier readability)

As far as the related names, and making the copy/paste not be miserable, if you put all related monsters for each one, I should be able to strip out the name that was clicked on. That way the names to copy in for each monster of related type would be the same.