Sign in to follow this  
The Mystical One

new town question

Any ideas what causes the town phase to advance? It's the only orb I still need. I thought save, quit, reload woyl be the ticket, but it doesn't seem to be. Tried staying in the inn, fighting, day/night cycling... Nothing. Grrrr.

Any ideas what causes the town phase to advance? It's the only orb I still need. I thought save, quit, reload woyl be the ticket, but it doesn't seem to be. Tried staying in the inn, fighting, day/night cycling... Nothing. Grrrr.

If this town is any similar to DQiv's town then try talking to the NPCs and perhaps they may say something that requires you to do something

Getting orbs advances it once you start the NewTown.

There are 7 phases in total (6 orbs).  After each orb, if the township has started, visit it, then re-enter the town.  Some people have reported you need to spend a full day cycle before you can re-enter to see changes in the NES game.  Not sure if that's the case in the SFC/GBC, and I certainly have no clue about the original Mobile remake, which this is apparently based on.

Edited by ignasia7

I had the same problem. To advance I talked to every single npc during the day and night,

rested at the inn at night and reentered the town. 

At what point of the game does the new town appear in?

As soon as you get the boat you can find the place.

got a little ways to go then as i'm at the point of waking up the sleeping town

So, I basically just totally forgot that nighttime was a thing. Sigh. To Baramos!

Just. Started this town myself. Taloon the merchant said he's going to miss traveling with me. It was all of 5 minutes, but I'll miss him too.

So, I basically just totally forgot that nighttime was a thing. Sigh. To Baramos!

What level is your party?

31 Hero, 29 Martial Artist, 23 Sage (26 Priest), 25 Priest (26 Mage)

Get these Orbs first...

Green Orb

Red Orb

Blue Orb

Purple Orb

then save game and end the game and then go back into that save and go to the new town and you should be able to advance the story where you get the Yellow Orb.

The trick is there is an event at night in the new town that you need to witness before it can switch to the yellow orb form.

Three townsfolk at night will be talking about revolting against your merchant at night below the jail. Spend the night at the inn then walk out of the town and go back in. Your merchant should be in the jail. Talk to him and he will tell you to check behind his thrown and you will find your yellow orb.

There are 7 phases in total (6 orbs).  After each orb, if the township has started, visit it, then re-enter the town.  Some people have reported you need to spend a full day cycle before you can re-enter to see changes in the NES game.  Not sure if that's the case in the SFC/GBC, and I certainly have no clue about the original Mobile remake, which this is apparently based on.

Whoa! I had no idea that was the triggering factor. I always go for the first four orbs anyway, and then start visiting the town, not knowing why it would change so suddenly after leaving and re-entering.

*smacks forehead* You learn something knew every day. :D

Whoa! I had no idea that was the triggering factor. I always go for the first four orbs anyway, and then start visiting the town, not knowing why it would change so suddenly after leaving and re-entering.

*smacks forehead* You learn something knew every day. :D

Heh, yep, that's life for you.  A mite smack in the forehead of new info at every second, bombarding our tiny little minds in this vast and ever expanding universe.

I forgot that the Boss Troll is another trigger that seems to allow the phase where the Dealer/Merchant leader gets tossed in jail.  The Necrogond orb gives you the final phase, where he leaves jail and returns to the party/patty.  Might be slightly altered though with this version, but that was the GBC trigger for that last bit.