Sign in to follow this  
DarkBaramos

Dragon Quest III progress

Where would the mini medals be if they were in the mobile version without TnT?

Sage would then start casting kaboom.

Might I suggest Kafrizzle instead?

Is there any resistance to that? I had tried a few different offensive spells before settling on kaboom because I think I got a few "not affected" -- maybe? I don't think I ever tried Kafrizzle. If I go for the under-25 win, I will do Kafrizzle. Thanks. :)

i'm at the first orochi fight but got some leveling up to do. Oh that cave is the perfect spot to fight multiple metal slimes i think i had 7 maybe 8 at once and killed 3 of them while the rest ran.

• Upvote 1

i'm at the first orochi fight but got some leveling up to do. Oh that cave is the perfect spot to fight multiple metal slimes i think i had 7 maybe 8 at once and killed 3 of them while the rest ran.

Oh yeah, need to get back there and finish that off. Killed Orochi and got the sword, but then died and went off to do other stuff. Still only have 1 orb.

Might I suggest Kafrizzle instead?

Is there any resistance to that? I had tried a few different offensive spells before settling on kaboom because I think I got a few "not affected" -- maybe? I don't think I ever tried Kafrizzle. If I go for the under-25 win, I will do Kafrizzle. Thanks. :)

I don't remember, but every time I cast it, it worked.  And I know I preferred it in the GBC version.

I cannot stop gambling at the Monster Arena!

help

I can't stop gambling at the slots in DQ6 SFC, but that's for another thread I guess. (I WANT THAT +64 DEFENCE BOOST ON ERDRICK AND HASSAN SUPER EARLY IN THE GAME! - but I'm less than halfway to the 11000 coins I need.)

As for DQ3... I haven't been on the bus in a couple days because I've had time off work, so I haven't bothered with my iPad very much. Well, for anything besides YouTube. Recently I made my way to ... Baharata? I think that's the name of the town I'm thinking of. This is the farthest I've been in any version of DQ3. (When I was younger, I played up to Portoga in the SFC version, but then lost my save in a hard drive crash, and gave up. I tried the NES version, but lost my patience with it around Romaly.)

I guess... If you pay attention to the manual for DW3NES, I HAVE beaten DW3. :D It says somewhere in there that you've beaten the game when you

become the king of Romaly,

but then in the next paragraph it goes on to explain something like "welp, you beat it. That was short. You want more? You can go back to being an adventurer, blah blah blah".

I lost my DW3 manual when moving, otherwise I'd look up the actual quote.

Just started a new game. Two gadflys and a thief. So glad I decided at the last minute against three gadflys. Tough going. Lots of grinding.frequent trips to the church for reviving.

One positive note, I named my hero Fool so many people who address me sound like Mr. T.

Warrior into martial artist, priest to mage, mage to 21 or 23 then to priest.

After that, martial to thief, and the spellcasters to sages.

Warrior into martial artist, priest to mage, mage to 21 or 23 then to priest.

After that, martial to thief, and the spellcasters to sages.

Okay so i just need to find the other word of wisdom then

i'm getting to the point of class switching is available level wise. I have a warrior, priest, Mage

Any suggestions?

Priest to Martial artist (quick healing if needed)

Warrior to...? Idk I never start with warrior.

Mage to Sage.

I'm in Zoma's castle right now. Levels are around 40. I'll take a shot at him, but I'll save right before. I think I need another level or two and maybe go buy an expensive upgrade or two at Rimdular. Was trying a last-minute run at lightspeed champ, but saw someone post #10 and slowed down Sunday.

Edited by Plattym3

No, if you get priest and mage to 20, you can sage em without the book

As far as I know the only class that can be changed to Sage without the book is the Goof-Off or whatever they're called in the mobile release.

I'm not huge on class changes. So, why would you do it? What's the purpose of changing twice?

Depending on how late you change, changing twice generally ends up with a superior character, or higher skill coverage.

My Jester20/Sage41/Thief is pretty badass.  My Mage26/Priest38/Martial Artist is also pretty awesome.

Some of that is more with how late you change than having changed twice though.

I prefer more specific roles rather than a bunch of generic characters that have all the same skills.  Buffs are nice to have on fighter characters, but they should be busy smashing things IMO.

I just Zoomed to Baharata... From inside ruida's tavern!? I didn't hit my head on the ceiling, which was the effect I was going for. D:

And then again to Aliahan from Baharata's church!

And AGAIN from Mini Medal Manor!? Why am I not hitting my head? If the spell works in dungeons I'm going to be severely disappointed.

Okay, I hit my head trying to zoom from The Cave on the Promontory.

Edited by Erdrick The Hero

I got a Magic Bikini this morning in my first battle with Merkings.  Does it do anything other than having awesome defence?

Nothing else besides appearance change. In the GBC version, it gave magic resistance, but not in this game.

Edited by The Mystical One

I got a Magic Bikini this morning in my first battle with Merkings. Does it do anything other than having awesome defence?

I put it on a character and the image changed. I guess very noticeably, even for non DQ people. I was playing the game and a friend looked over my shoulder and asked, "What is that character wearing?"

it's really unfortunate that it doesn't have any special abilities other than changing your character's appearance.  It's still a great piece of equipment though as 65 defence power is pretty high.