Sign in to follow this  
DarkBaramos

Dragon Quest III progress

So how is everyone progressing? I'm currently going through the pyramid to get the

Magic Key.

My current part consists of the Hero, Warrior, Thief and Cleric. They're all around level 15.

I just snagged the golden claws and escaped the pyramid.

That's an hour or two of my life I kinda want back, but now my martial artist is pretty rockin'.

• Upvote 1

I've just started! Damn exams  :wd_coolslime: 

I'm in the cave west of elfinheim grinding by the restore point.

Am I the only one to notice that in 1-3 mobile, everyone walks with a limp thanks to the 3 frame SNES animations being cut to 2 frames?

I haven't had a lot of time to play but I'm about at the pyramid. I'm using Hero (Lothario), Thief (Amazon), Priest (Vamp), and Gadabout (Vamp). Planning to do one round of vocation changes, Thief > Soldier and the other two to Sage.

I'm currently just getting off the Aliahan Continent. Haha. Had 2 exams so had no time to play. No hope getting the Light Speed Award :P

I'm currently grinding for Ororchi, I re-classed my thief into a fighter and my cleric into a sage.

I did find another localization change that I didn't like too much.

The Sword of Gaia is now the Mountaincleaver sword

The name is way too long for my tastes.

Edited by DarkBaramos

Just woke the humans from elf sleep. That's going to be it for a while. Took forever to put up the Christmas tree. Now outside lights and Costco trip. Notice no DQIII break in there.

i like the traveler's tips especially movement. diagonal movement is sadly beyond you . of course the one about searching through objects is funny too

Good on you guys chugging along. I'm wrapping up my play through of DQIV DS first. Contemplated playing 2 DQ games at once but kinda lose focus. Wish I could join the lightspeed race, maybe on DQV mobile release :P

So is it true that there is no Pachisi/Tnt boards?

I'm currently grinding for Ororchi, I re-classed my thief into a fighter and my cleric into a sage.

I did find another localization change that I didn't like too much.

The Sword of Gaia is now the Mountaincleaver sword

The name is way too long for my tastes.

It's just "Mountaincleaver" no "sword"  ... unless you've actually acquired it and they add "sword."

Orochi took me a few tries.  Now about to enter the cave of Samanao Manoza.

No Pachisi, and quite frankly I am enjoying not interrupting my game to play pachisi obsessively.

Edited by The Mystical One

I believe one npc describe it as "A sword called Mountaincleaver" which is why I made a slight error, sorry about that.

I'm currently trying to grind to prepare for Baramos, and yes there are no pachisi boards.

Edited by DarkBaramos

So far, really good. But I don't know if seeds are useless like in the original not. Anyone know?

Yes and no.  Seeds are useful once you hit level 50 and stat gains slow to a crawl as the base stat changes to, and all modifiers are reduced so you typically gain 0 or 1 per level up (usually 0).

The point is to make 3 or 4 Thieves, and farm seeds at that point, then seed your Hero, and your main "other characters" when you've hit whatever final class you want them to be.  So let's say you wanted a final party, only 3 other characters, of Fighter, Thief, and Warrior.  All three with Merchant skills, Jester skills, and Sage (or Priest/Mage) spells.  Then you seed those classes.

Let's say you only wanted 1 class change for your main 3 extra characters.  Then you seed those.

3 Thieves at level 50 have a pretty good chance of farming seeds (maybe 10-30 every hour...depending on whether the drop rate is 1/64, 1/128, or 1/256).  The only difficult one is MP, which requires the bonus dungeon, and is only farmed from the hardest normal monster in the game, a Baramos look-alike, that's found in the first section of the bonus dungeon.

I'll have to write up a whole thing about where to farm which seeds, as the drop rates, monster spawns, etc. haven't changed since the SFC version, and I doubt they would change for this version (as per a link I was given, they apparently haven't).  So all teh same farming spots for the GBC and SFC versions are the same.  Just a matter of converting over names.

Edited by ignasia7
  • Upvote 1

I'm at the "fun part" of the game getting the magic key

Getting the keys was always my favorite part. I found it so exciting to finally see what is behind those locked doors.

I'm at the "fun part" of the game getting the magic key

Getting the keys was always my favorite part. I found it so exciting to finally see what is behind those locked doors.

Yea it is but i never been in a situation where getting said object and surviving to get out

Ahh THAT fun part lol. For some reason it seemed easier in this version than the SFC or GBC versions. Although I bought more herbs than I usually do.

Ahh THAT fun part lol. For some reason it seemed easier in this version than the SFC or GBC versions. Although I bought more herbs than I usually do.

Any place is easy if you're prepared with items and properly leveled for that area.

oh yes the puff puff in Ashan. Can't be DQ with out that.

LOL at the responses from the hero then one of the party members asking how was it.

• Upvote 1

I believe one npc describe it as "A sword called Mountaincleaver" which is why I made a slight error, sorry about that.

I'm currently trying to grind to prepare for Baramos, and yes there are no pachisi boards.

Dude on the small island in the South Pacific says that, and yes, you've remembered it correctly.

Loved getting the key and using about 25 herbs to get the hell out of there. Forgot a mini medal at the Precipice of that location. If i put my member with the offending item in the Tavern, will the curse still be going strong? If so, I'm not going back there for one medal.