Sign in to follow this  
King Zenith

Contest #123 - Become a DQ3 Lightspeed Champion

At the rate I'm abusing the Monster Arena at present? No way.

Whatcha doing that for?

Equipping everyone for a grinding session. STEEL BROADSWORDS FOR ALL

Bought the game last Sunday, beat it today. Not bad considering how little free time I have these days...

Proof. Hopefully you'll forgive the lack of underscore. :)

Pretty nice adaptation. The accents were pretty annoying in places, playing in portrait mode on my ipad was somewhat annoying, the controls were a little awkward, particularly toward the end with ramia as well as the flip tiles, the touch menu controls felt half baked (felt like they went half way and then stopped with touch integration). Overall though, very sweet to have this mobile and native. I think I'm going to start another quest with the hero and three jesters/gadflys/whatever they were called in this version..

I started with a martial artist, a priest, and a mage, flipped the martial artist to a jester around level 22, then to a merchant, and around level 22 flipped him to a sage. I flipped him to a merchant mostly for dig which got me a couple of seeds but was overall a waste of my time. Grinding to get him through those class changes left the rest of my team around level 30 and from there on I just barreled through to the credits.

This was the first iOS DQ I bought. I think I'm going to go back and buy 1 and 2. Not too interested in 4 or 8 since I've played them this decade, but really want to play through 2 again for old times sake. Lots of good memories associated with playing that when it first came out for the NES...

I really hope DQ7 ends up being next. Been meaning to play through that game again and it would save me the trouble of hooking back up my PS2.

I really hope DQ7 ends up being next. Been meaning to play through that game again and it would save me the trouble of hooking back up my PS2.

I'd much rather DQ7 on 3DS, but since that's looking less and less likely, I might have to settle for an iOS release of DQ7. Sadly, I'm running an iPod Touch 4th gen, so I can't upgrade to iOS 7, and my processing speed is so bad that I doubt I can handle DQ7. Really worried it'll crash all the time. 1-3 ran smooth, but 8 won't run at *all* on my device.

Congratulations, it looks like you're the contest-closer. Welcome to the DQ3 lightspeed club. :)

Was it ever confirmed which version of Dragon Quest VII was coming to mobile?

Edited by DarkBaramos

Was it ever confirmed which version of Dragon Quest VII was coming to mobile?

SE made a statement about 6 months ago that DQ1-8 would all come to mobile. That was in Japan, but I don't see why North America wouldn't localize them.

DQ V is next. I feel like 7 will come after, and then wrapped up with 6, (since none of the titles ever came in sequential of order) 

Awesome, all 10 slots are now taken!  Congratulations to all who made it.  I'll post the results summary later today. 

darkdoran, you can certainly use that image as proof for the purchase as well.  I will repost your proof in that thread to make the bookkeeping easier.

DQ V is next. I feel like 7 will come after, and then wrapped up with 6, (since none of the titles ever came in sequential of order)

I'm actually predicting we don't get 7. Not at all.

Oh, and how about contest 123a? Become a DQIII Impulse Drive Champion. Count me in for first for that!

5c8cfc70f678ce2625450707ae0d0004.jpgc2fb962b65064750996ba1c346a08c40.jpg

Edited by Plattym3

I don't remember where I read it, but I remember a statement saying that starting with 3, the rest of the games would be finished in order.

I don't remember where I read it, but I remember a statement saying that starting with 3, the rest of the games would be finished in order.
I do recall that too. I don't where else I read it, but also I recall reading there's no way in hell that DQVII is coming to 3DS or mobile in the US.

Sign in to follow this