Sign in to follow this  
King Zenith

Contest #123 - Become a DQ3 Lightspeed Champion

dq3_lightspeed.png

I was going to class change my fighter to warrior soon, as well as my priest to fighter, but.. thought I'd rather get this done, so I took a stab at Zoma.  Kept AI on for the entire thing.

Seeing one of the screenshots here majorly spoiled me (I haven't played Roto/Erdrick trilogy before, so finding out there's a little flip in chronology was a big deal. Explains a lot though!).

Currently stuck on the Baramos fight and quite aware that I'll have to grind levels. Looks like I should grind my sage up to get Insulatle. That'll be a game-changer.

Let's see if I'll be 3, or 5, or 9. One way or another I'm-a be in the top 10. :)

Seeing one of the screenshots here majorly spoiled me (I haven't played Roto/Erdrick trilogy before, so finding out there's a little flip in chronology was a big deal. Explains a lot though!).

Currently stuck on the Baramos fight and quite aware that I'll have to grind levels. Looks like I should grind my sage up to get Insulatle. That'll be a game-changer.

Let's see if I'll be 3, or 5, or 9. One way or another I'm-a be in the top 10. :)

Oof sorry about that. I believe there are already 4 people who have completed the game, so aim for 5!  :laugh: Edited by DarkBaramos

Yep, four winners so far.  Nice job to all who have managed to complete this already.

• Upvote 1

post-76712-0-80673000-1418140833_thumb.png

post-76712-0-42874200-1418140837_thumb.png

Okay, that should make me #5.

Micah Isaiah and Sophia are my kids' names, and I'm Patrick (see screen 1). I'm PM-ing King Zenith extra proof. I'm also going to post in a separate thread full screenshots of the end credits sequence, which I will also PM to Woodus.

Edited by Tonelico

Five winners now.  Five slots to go. 

Holy CRAP. Man, these are some fast completions! Never played III before, so I probably wouldn't have stood a chance anyways, but still. :o

I actually thought I was kinda slow.  I know I can beat the NES version with two solid days of playing. :X

But yeah, my first playthrough ever took me quite a while, so take heart!

Still plenty of time.

Edited by The Mystical One

I suppose, but I haven't even bought the game yet. :P 

Could be there are only five of us crazies out here for this game, and that everyone else will finish at a more reasonable pace.

DQ III is one of my favorite titles. Easy to complete. Originally, when I first played it on the NES it took me 15 days to complete compared to now where it only took 4 days.

It's one of my favorites too! The only other one that comes close in my opinion is Dragon Quest V. I love the rest too of course, but if I had to play one again it'd be one of those two.

The beginning of the game drags so much that I found myself wanting to play Fire Emblem instead, so that slowed me down until a couple of days ago when I could play on my phone but not my 3DS. After that I got to the point of the game where it becomes compelling and I have been trucking along ever since. Currently at Baramos's castle. Hoping I can finish before Thursday because I'm gonna be on the road for 14 hours and then busy all weekend with the TSG marathon.

Edited by Lothis

Screen%20Shot%202014-12-10%20at%209.01.0

Beat this a few days after release. Did the bonus dungeon and beat the bonus boss twice. Now to play the GBC version to see the ice cave. 

I had to get really creative for my proof to avoid having to use an external camera. I trust this is sufficient?

4cb14ce3af5a7c3dee0c1a9ef0e11f27.jpg

Edited by Lothis

That'll do.  Slots 6 and 7 are now spoken for.  We've got room for three more lightspeed champions.

I think this makes me number 8.

post-102-0-05830400-1418394447.jpgpost-102-0-50065200-1418394470.jpg

Additionally, can I get the purchase badge from this topic or should I post in the other one?

post-102-0-05830400-1418394447_thumb.jpg

post-102-0-50065200-1418394470_thumb.jpg

Edited by darkdoran

I hope to be #9.

B4rSNzUCAAAc680.png

B4rSPBzCcAA0yJn.png

I tweeted it too :))

https://twitter.com/jvboytheman/status/543477864939520000/photo/1

EDIT:

Here, I made one with my username (which didn't fit)

B4sNzX6CAAApJBB.png

Edited by jvboytheman

At the rate I'm abusing the Monster Arena at present? No way.

At the rate I'm abusing the Monster Arena at present? No way.

Whatcha doing that for?

Boy, these contests keep coming to a close faster and faster. Wish I could've tried my hand at it, but I ain't even mad (bro). Congrats to everyone so far and to the future #10 winner.

Sign in to follow this