Sign in to follow this  
King Zenith

Contest #123 - Become a DQ3 Lightspeed Champion

DQ3_Icon.png

Dragon Quest 3 - Seeds of Salvation has now been released on iOS and Android devices.  Hours of joy and happiness await you in your humble app store.  If you are awesome, then you have already purchased this game by now.  If not, hang your head in shame, but only for a moment!  Now pick it back up and dash off to purchase this game, because only a few of you have what it takes to be a Light-Speed Champion!

Lightspeed_Champion.png

This contest is here to reward people for beating the game, and doing it quickly.  If you want to become part of an elite squad of Light-Speed Champions, you must be one of the first 10 people to reach the ending credit sequence in Dragon Quest III Mobile, and submit evidence of your feat here at the Den.

Rules:

1) Only the first 10 people to reach the ending credit sequence on their mobile version of DQ3 will achieve this prestigious accolade
2) Your evidence can be a picture or video of the ending credit sequence on your mobile device, with Den user name on a piece of paper next to it
3) Alternative forms of evidence may be considered, but they must convince me that YOU were the one to achieve this task.  In-game screenshot alone may not suffice, unless you can show the main character's name, and it matches your Dragon's Den username
4) You can submit your evidence in this topic or via private message if you prefer
5) This contest will remain open until 10 winners have been identified or until the contest time limit has been reached
6) If 10 winners have not yet been identified within 4 weeks of this contest being posted, the contest will be closed and the winners will be named at that time
If you are having a hard time figuring out how to provide your evidence, just post a message in here and we can help you out. 

Now go! A swift victory will grant you greater riches* than any pyramid could ever contain.

*Actual value of riches may vary

Edit by Woodus

And the badge in the theme of the past light-speed badges :)

122.png

Edited by Woodus

Since I couldn't use my den username as my character's name, what form of proof will suffice? 

Hmm, if you take a picture during the ending sequence

with your party right after being spewed out of the pit in the cave near Tantegel, that will suffice for you.  I guess one shot anywhere in the credit sequence should be added too.

Count me in! The journey hath begun!

Hmm, if you take a picture during the ending sequence

with your party right after being spewed out of the pit in the cave near Tantegel, that will suffice for you.  I guess one shot anywhere in the credit sequence should be added too.

Edit: I'll just do what Plattym3 said below.

Edited by DarkBaramos

Since I couldn't use my den username as my character's name, what form of proof will suffice?

Easy. Make your name close to darkB. Then beat the game with your other name you picked. Show the screen where your names are {there will be an icon next to the game you beat, next to your name.}

Easy.

Easy. Make your name close to darkB. Then beat the game with your other name you picked. Show the screen where your names are {there will be an icon next to the game you beat, next to your name.}

Easy.

...I completely forgot about that haha. Thanks for pointing that out.

Easy.

...I completely forgot about that haha. Thanks for pointing that out.

Totally just did this myself for purchase proof.

What? No Lightspeed Champions yet?  It's been over 24 hours people!

I know I don't even have a chance this go around :)

Yeah, neither do I.  I have only had enough time to finish talking to everyone in Aliahan (daytime only!).  I'll be taking my time with this one, to make sure I catch every piece of deliciously localized goodness.

I'm at Isis and I feel like I am playing slowwwww. You guys make me feel better.

This is my first time playing DQ3, and I only found about its iOS release 10 minutes ago. So I'm at a serious disadvantage.

But I was totally like #11 or #12 on DQ2. I'm going to fight for this one. Don't anyone stop me now! :P

I gave my kids 45 minutes of free time today as they nailed something I never thought they would. Since they can all play on their phones and computers during free time, I most definitely played DQIII.

Not even to the theif key yet.

I haven't even bought it yet :( Don't think I'm getting it this time... Oh well

i completed the game tonight. I will upload the pics tomorrow. :)

i completed the game tonight. I will upload the pics tomorrow. :)

And I thought I was making fast progress. Wow! :whoa:

Cool, we might have our first winner soon then.  You left the door open for someone to scoop you though! We'll see who is the first.

Here is the first winner:

Here they are:

dq_III_battle_and_ending_part_1.jpg

dq_III_battle_and_ending_part_2.jpg

dq_III_battle_and_ending_part_3.jpg

dq_III_battle_and_ending_part_4.jpg

Am I the first to post finishing pics of this great game?

NOTE: On game where I get to choose the gender, I always choose the female gender and name her Aiko. Just so you know.

Oh, thanks. I got confused between the two topics! I know DQ III like the back of my hand... I was surprised that I completed it so quickly. It took me nearly 4 days! :) WOW!

Almost went the entire game without turning off AI except for when my Warrior was solo in the blue orb trial.  Had to turn it off on what turned out to be the last turn of the Zoma fight because AI wouldn't use Prayer Rings in inventory. :(

post-76895-0-09288700-1418069596_thumb.png

Cool, that would be two winners now.  8 Slots left

I'm gonna see if I can do this... again. :P

It's too bad the thing doesn't run on my tablet.

Just beat it!

xdlZB2S.png

And to prove it's me.

(Spoiler tagged to avoid major spoiler)

C0nWfQv.png

Edited by DarkBaramos
  • Upvote 1

Sign in to follow this