Sign in to follow this  
Esturkdq4

Need some VX Help

This is probably the best way to get the help I need instead of putting it in my game topic. In event creation in VX, the script option on Bottom Left on Page 3, I need to know if it's possible to increase the text box size? It's pretty much necessary for a part of my game, otherwise I'd need to make some changes.

vx or vx ace?

I'm more then half asleep but if you want something for ace http://rpgmaker.net/scripts/138/if I understand what your asking if not then I am sorry and confused and will need to look at the thingy when I am more awake and stuff

Edited by kawaii_koneko

regular VX, not ace

The only way I know to increase the size would be to set the game's resolution to max 640x480.

If you need to cram more text in at the default resolution, you could use a smaller font size.

where do I change the resolution?

ah sorry not sure how about stuff with vx sorry

it's okay, hopefully I can get some help soon, probably going to give it another few days.

I don't know for VX, but in VXA, it's only a couple variables. It should be easy, try googling it.

google unfortunately wasn't very useful.

Look at the yanfly scripts. They have multiple engines and many of them have message box settings. I used a lot of their scripts for vx before porting to ace.

I googled and found the website for those scripts, couldn't find anything about message box settings.

looking for VX scripts in general is tough because googling results in 90% stuff on Ace.

Try searching something like "VX RGSS2" because RMVX uses RGSS v2, while Ace uses RGSS v3. (Fun fact: XP uses RGSS v1.)

Yeah, looking around couldn't find anything, may give it another couple days.

the second one seemed unlikely, first one I DL, seemed way too confusing.

Wait I can see which one was used in Dragon Warrior Classic. I still have the source.

sure, I wanted to post a pic I took a screenshot of my game from to clarify more specifically what I'm talking about, but putting a pic in the post wasn't working.

2eujtjp.png

Did you mean a text box adjustment like this? If so I made a new script, but the battles will have the same size as this. If you want I could alter the script even more to have normal window size in battle.

You know when creating an event, there's 3 pages of options for you to use? On the 3rd and final page, under "Advanced" it says script, allowing you to put a script into the event, I need the text box to go longer to fit a certain script in 2 lines, because extending to 3 lines it won't work. I'll send you a screenshot to show you since it won't work to put a pic in the forum. EDIT: Trying via PM won't work either, oh well.

Edited by Esturkdq4

Oh, that in itself is part of the programs coding, something I know nothing about. Readjusting window size itself was simple enough but thats the extent of my knowledge.

it's okay