My Encounter with a Dangerous Wild Animal - Lucky to Be Alive

When I got home last night I walked to my front door where I made a startling discovery.  There was a snail savagely snailing on my front porch!

Clearly something had to be done!  So I did the only thing a woman in my position could do!  I unlocked the door, went inside to put my things down and feed the cats, I then searched through my room until I found what I was looking for.  I went back to my front porch, and the snail had moved a full 1/2 inch in the time I was gone!  I knew I had to be fast and I have learned from Animal Crossing that I only get one chance at this before the creature vanishes!  I had no net, so I had to get daring!!!

I reached down and caught the snail by the shell.  Now if you think having a tiger by the tail is dangerous, just wait until you have to try and wrestle down a snail!

After a long and ardurous 10 second battle, I was able to release the snail's death-grip on my front porch!  Victory is mine!

I placed the vicious beast in the small plastic tank I had found in my room!  Truely I am an expert monster tamer!  I next headed to the store and bought a bag of mixed salad greens, and returned home so that I could place some of the greens inside the tank!  Fortunatey I did not lose a finger when I reached into the creature's new lair.  As a sign of respect for the beast's co-operation, I also added a couple apple slices into the tank.  I also got a jar lid, and placed an ice cube in it.  This would soon become it's drinking water!

Surveying its new environment, it began to savagely snail around the tank, even going so far as to climb all the way up to the lid!  But the lid was tightly fastened and there was no escape!  Realizing this, the beast returned to the tank floor and began to feast upon the greens!  Those greens did not stand a chance against such a ferocious creature!

Cranberry now has her new pet, and it needs a name that will strike fear and respect into all that meet it!  Thus, from now on, it shall be known as Saigan!

Pictures to come soon!

• Upvote 6

Congrats.

Snailslime.png

Cranberry gains the titel snail tamer

I think it a star next is a bird

I liked that story, thanks for sharing :)

Cornmeal is something that snails really love. I highly suggest it. It also happens to be what you feed a snail to cleanse it before you use it as escargot. On that note, you snail is probably a Brown Shell snail, which are an invasive species to California, but beloved by the French for escargot. They were introduced in the 1800's by to the state by a French chief from whence they escaped and then dominated over the environment. It is now rare to see native snails. So if you wanted to cook it up for dinner in a few weeks, you could for some tasty bush meat.

Haha... be careful though, Giant Garden Snails are considered a bad thing in the US.

• Upvote 1

The common garden snail is actually one of the most dangerous creatures to handle if you don't wash your hands, or wash anything they've touched and you place in your mouth.

The death caused by the parasites they generally carry is fast and painful.  Basically we have no immunity to it, and the parasite eats the human brain.  It's almost guaranteed death unless caught early (first few hours really).

• Upvote 1