Sign in to follow this  
Liamland

SquareEnix to Announce Non-remake Console RPG

Speaking of, I'd like a pair of DQ glasses. Slimes for the rims.

I'll up the ante:

I want a pair of DQ Google Glasses. Complete with seeing the world built out of NES DQ tiles every April 1st.

Speaking of, I'd like a pair of DQ glasses. Slimes for the rims.

I'll up the ante:

I want a pair of DQ Google Glasses. Complete with seeing the world built out of NES DQ tiles every April 1st.

edit: double post glitch.

edit: double post glitch.

Edited by Erdrick The Hero

Who knows, on that one.

I still don't get why everyone here is thinking it's a DQ title (( Excepting possibly DQXI, but DQXI is announced already. )).

This is a brand-new IP. So... it's the waiting game.

Who knows, on that one.

I still don't get why everyone here is thinking it's a DQ title (( Excepting possibly DQXI, but DQXI is announced already. )).

This is a brand-new IP. So... it's the waiting game.

No, we have not had an official announcement yet.  Only Horii's statement, so we know it's officially being worked on, but we still haven't gotten the announcement.  The one that tells us what system it's being worked on, and sometimes contains a few screens, maybe a short prepared video to display concepts or what the game will look like, and may play like...or just concept art, or concept title art.  Anyway, official announcements always come with something visual to go with and identify the game, and a definite system to want to buy for it.

I think the real sentiment is most of us would like it to be an official DQ title, but I think we all know it's likely to be a brand new, unknown IP.  I even made a pretty decent list of possible revisits for series that haven't had any love for some time, or are still active since last gen, but haven't seen any new iteration.  Plus a few games that saw only one or two releases and definitely sold well enough to warrant a new game.  Or it could be something entirely unknown, a new attempt at their own internal FF/DQ Killer/Competitor to establish a tried and true third uber series.

Edited by ignasia7

Good. Vita needs more games, even if it is another RPG, which is a genre that the Vita has an abundance of. I'd even go so far as to say it currently reigns supreme as the best place to find RPGs.

http://www.rpgfan.com/news/2014/2362.html

Well, not a Console RPG yet, but there will be SaGa 2015 for the PlayStation Vita and Imperial SaGa for the PC.

I'm not so sure that that's the announcement.  Then again SE trolled fans with the plain 'ol FF7 announcement.  I think they need some help.  Like psychiatric help, along with business help.

Seriously though, I'm really not sure that's the major announcement.  I just don't see it.  SaGa has never been a big series, even in Japan.  Oh, it has a loyal following, and it certainly draws enough sales to keep the series going up through the PS2, but the idea of making an announcement about a big announcement for an new game just feels like we would see something major/massive, with some measure of fanfare, pictures, etc.

I doubt that's it. After all, they said "console RPG", so...

Handhelds are classified as consoles officially.

It's when you get to Mobile (phones/pads/phads), and computers that you get a different classification.

Regardless of whether or not handhelds are considered consoles, the term "handhelds" is not usually meant as "console." If it was going to be on a handheld, they would have said "new handheld RPG."

• Upvote 1