Sign in to follow this  
Cranberry

Buying the PC Game and Setting up Monthly Payments

Hello PC users.  I am working with a new player that is on the free trial and is interested in looking at buying the full game.  But he has questions about how to how to obtain the game and setup a monthly fee being that Square-Enix and most online retailers won't sell the game to a foreigner.

Those of you on PC, could you assist us by posting what means you used to purchase the game, and what means you used to setup a monthly payment?  Being I am on the Wii version my method of payment and obtaining the game was different and does not apply for him.

It should be noted he is looking to buy the game digitally.

Thanks very much.

Edited by Cranberry

The game can be bought from Amazon.jp but you need JP address in order to make a success payment. PlayAsia is also a good choice if you get messed up with JP address.

For monthly sub, Rakuten is best way so far and Ashes has already made a guide in "Useful thread and Guide".

Yeah, there's a digital download version of DQ10 All In One on amazon.co.jp and that's what I got. If you need a valid JP address, I suggest using a hotel address.

Use Rakuten to pay for your account, and that should be fine.

I know I'm not the topic poster, but I'm in a similar position regarding the PC version and monthly fees. What is Rakuten out of curiosity? How does it work for the PC version of Dragon Quest X?

I know I'm not the topic poster, but I'm in a similar position regarding the PC version and monthly fees. What is Rakuten out of curiosity? How does it work for the PC version of Dragon Quest X?

Something similar to "Amazon". You can register your CC with them, and select Rakuten as an option to pay with when you are adding a subscription for DQX.

Something similar to "Amazon". You can register your CC with them, and select Rakuten as an option to pay with when you are adding a subscription for DQX.

Is it just credit cards? Does it matter what kind of card it should be? I currently don't own a credit card yet, but I have heard that Webmoney is an alternative. Is there a website/tutorial on using Rakuten? Edited by Charski

Is it just credit cards? Does it matter what kind of card it should be? I currently don't own a credit card yet, but I have heard that Webmoney is an alternative. Is there a website/tutorial on using Rakuten?

Yes any kind of credit card shoud work but not sure about Canadian one (I saw a thread people talking about Canadian credit is not accepted).

Registration for Rakuten account is very easy. You can visit Rakuten's EN website and register your account. Fill in all required information and you will be good to go. However; you may have to visit Rakuten JP to buy the game.

There is a guide of making monthly sub by Rakuten posted by Ashes in pinned thread section named "Useful threads and Guides".

Thanks for the replies guys.  I'm sure this will be helpful for our PC users.  While we do have various guides strern about, it can be hard to find what you need, especially when answers start getting 8 or so pages deep into a topic.

I'd like to mention that Rakuten requires "verified by visa" or the equivalent security method for other card companies. If your card doesn't have this, and you can't get it on your card, then you'll have to buy webmoney from play-Asia and use that. You can buy DQX all-in-one digital with crysta from the Japanese SE online store, and you can by that crysta with webmoney.

A few options are

Buying Web Money from Play Asia (Fastest Most Expensive)

Usually I have gotten the web money code ASAP but it seems to vary from person to person. I have had no problems using Play Asia. You can buy the web money there and use it to transfer it all to crysta to set up subscription to even buy the game with it from the SE Store.

Previously Mentioned Rakuten

You can also buy Rakuten here, there is a digital version you can buy from here. I would need to double check things. Most Credit Cards do seem to have a verification process for online. So it may be a good idea to disable any pop up blockers as well to view them. I forgot about it and was not initially able to use it.

As for Amazon I never used it for japan so can't comment but it seems to have plenty of success.

I personally paid the markup initially for the webmoney and got everything pretty smoothly.

For Version 2.0 and the 1.0 or 'trial' client are two seperate downloads. The only way to 'download' the 2.0 is from where you bought it. So it would be a good idea to bookmark it for later use or perhaps for others to use when needed. Meaning if you just have the trial version downloaded you will need to redownload the client that has 2.0. So just buying putting the code in is not enough. You will need to have the client downloaded as well.