The Official NYC NintendoNY Tag Mode Tuesday Topic

Happy birthday to Dragon Quest NY members: DDDDrova and Cyrus, both celebrating birthdays today!

• Upvote 1
  • 5 months later...
  • Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Getting that exp early.

Tag Mode Tuesday last night was a somber one.  This was the first time we've hosted a meet-up since Iwata's death, and there were crowds of people focused on the outpouring of fan sympathy and the sup

You might destroy an entire marriage with this question

We officially had our last Tag Mode Tuesday (the last one I'll be able to go to for awhile) last night.  We didn't play DQIX, but I had asked RPG Wizard to bring Rocket Slime so I could try multiplayer tank battles.  He hadn't played it in years, so I had a slight advantage to start.  We started out with 1500 HP.  After about 10 minutes, my tank was up by 800 HP to his 100, and then he remembered his strategy, made a remarkable recovery and pummeled my tank to smithereens!

I had expected no less.  The Lucky Bag is a beast to have on your team, because he can quickly warp into your tank and steal the best weapons.  Plus he'd 100%'d the game, and had the best weapons.  I was glad to finally try it out.  I even got a sneak peak at what I have yet to unlock!

It was bittersweet, though.  Without 4 regulars the group may not meet as often, or at all.  But we'll have to have an epic reunion in September!

• Upvote 1

As sad as it is, I'm sure it's some consolation you're moving somewhere where it won't be as hard to find and meet up with people who are into Dragon Quest games. It's a topic you could make friends with at the very least. Not that that could ever replace your meetups here. Everyone here knows how much you enjoyed it.

As sad as it is, I'm sure it's some consolation you're moving somewhere where it won't be as hard to find and meet up with people who are into Dragon Quest games. It's a topic you could make friends with at the very least. Not that that could ever replace your meetups here. Everyone here knows how much you enjoyed it.

Yeah, it'll be easy to ditch the baby and wife and hang out with people who don't speak English but love DQ.
  • Upvote 1

Almost, but I'm working NY hours (the night shift), so friends for me here will be in short supply and DQ friends as well.  I might convince my wife to go to Luida's Bar to celebrate my birthday, belated, but once we take the baby home from the hospital we won't have much luxury time for awhile.

Yeah, it'll be easy to ditch the baby and wife and hang out with people who don't speak English but love DQ.

...exactly.

I did not know they were still going on. Didn't see any activity here so I assumed they were infrequent. Had I known, I would have shown up Tuesday.

We'd been averaging around 1 meet-up a month, mostly canceling them and only occasionally play DQ.  Most of the meetings would be DDDDrova and I, because Dekablue was working and RPG Wizard has a bit of a hike from Long Island now.  I also lost my Riamu DQIX cart somewhere in the move, so I had to restart a new character.  I'm mostly back to 99 for the classes that matter, but still...frustrating.  Not sure the last time I backed that one up, but it's been a few years.  I'd rather wait to find it and use my new character Noriko in the meantime.  If you tag with her she asks if anyone's seen Riamu, as a little inside gag.  I wrote her an unnecessary backstory as a bounty hunter.

Edited by Liamland
  • 1 year later...

Lots of updates since I last posted. I'm back in the US, working not too far from NintendoNY and my wife and son are on a trip to Japan for another month, so I have more free time to attend meet-ups like this. We had one last week:

...but this week we weren't all able to make it. Our next planned meet-up is October 9th, if anyone with DQIX is in the area and wants to join.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm sorry I still postpone my US travel plan for an unlimited time .....

Last 3 years I went to Japan several times.

I hosted DQ9 Grotto distribution 3 times in Tokyo & Yokohama and joined several Grotto distribution & multiplay events.

The frequency of announcing a Grotto distribution event has been turned into once 1-2 months and tend to be alive only in Japan big cities.

Multiplay events are almost being private and everybody gathered together for Grotto mining.

In Mainland China, Hong Kong and Taiwan, all of us stopped DQ9 stuffs unless someone posted a request for anything. But non-DQ9 meeting continues.

• Like 1