Sign in to follow this  
Liamland

The Official NYC NintendoNY Tag Mode Tuesday Topic

np.  Thanks for the info.  I can't afford a trip to Japan at the moment, but I'll keep it in mind for my next visit.

You're welcome in NY any time.  Just let me know and I'll round up the larger group of DQIX multiplayers, like we did when Plattym3 was in town.

We had a rare appearance of RPG Wizard last night.  Good to have him back.

This was technically the last officially sanctioned Nintendo World Tag Mode Tuesday, as Nintendo will be closing next Tuesday for a month of renovations and a newly rebranded name: Nintendo NY (or Nintendo New York).  According to RPG Wizard, we always thought that as long as we had consistent regulars showing up to the DQIX Tag Mode Tuesday it was still an officially sanctioned Nintendo World event.  However, with the recent name change that has come into question.  I personally feel that this event (as long as I've been going) has been fan run, and really only uses Nintendo World as a meet-up place.  There's also fan speculation that the name change may indicate that more Nintendo stores will be opening up in other major cities, but so far nothing is confirmed.  So if they're rebranding we can always rebrand the event as Nintendo NY instead of Nintendo World.

We will probably eventually change the name of this topic to: The Official Nintendo NY Store Tag Mode Tuesday Topic

That was quite the long semantical statement.

Edited by Plattym3

Finally got into DQ9 and got my friends copies too! We are currently going through the game together and although we are not far in, we are enjoying it very much!

We would love to go to tag mode tuesdays! Hope you find a new location to hold it!

• Upvote 1

Hey GS, we'll confirm a new meet-up place, and I'll keep you posted.

I was actually at Nintendo World yesterday, to take some video of the place for the memories, before they close it down and revamp it.

• Upvote 1

It's looking like the downstairs Starbucks, in the Rockefeller Center Concourse will be the temporary meeting place.  If you're facing the the entrance to Nintendo World, walk around the corner so that Nintendo World is on your left, and you'll find a revolving door entrance to the concourse.  Head downstairs and follow the path, past the bathrooms, hang a left.  Keep following the path until you see a bunch of chairs and tables.  The Starbucks will be beyond that area.  We'll be meeting in the little seating area adjacent to Starbucks (which, unlike Nintendo World) has outlets, in case we need to charge any devices.

If there's a Tuesday night that you can come to a meet-up, please reply here ahead of time, and I'll "rally the troops".  Sometimes we cancel, if too many people can't make it.  Either way, I'll try to keep you posted, here.  Thanks.

Dope, i definitly want to try and get me and my friends out there, i gotta say i really fell in love with this game and so did my friends. I was a little afraid they might not like the game, but after seeing the character customization, the multiplayer and of course the bells and whistles of a main series DQ game, it really won them over. I will let you guys know if im free tuesday. I personally don't think ill be working so i hope to see you guys there

Edited by GeneralSteps

Sounds good.  Yeah, there's great local multiplayer in this game.  It's what keeps us coming back to play it after all these years.

We had two cancellations for tomorrow and two others who just never got back to me.  I won't be able to make it until next week.

Unfortunately Nintendo World rebranded with no seating, so we're a bit unsure about the future of these meetings...at least at this venue.

Unfortunately Nintendo World rebranded with no seating, so we're a bit unsure about the future of these meetings...at least at this venue.

Well, damn!

Yes.  It's most unfortunate.  Now even parents have no place to sit while their kids explore around the store.  It's a very cold and deliberate redesign.

We're going to attempt to do our first all-standing meeting tonight.  We'll see how it goes.

I've already made jokes about throwing all the merch on the floor and making seats out of it, but somehow I don't think that would go over too well with the staff.

• Upvote 1

Nah, lawn chairs and a cooler with beer, turn it into a tailgate :)

If you can find some slime-shaped bean bag chairs, those would certainly be cool.  Although I have to question whether they would be comfortable...  You would have to mount it like a Slime Knight to avoid the undesirable... poking...

If you can find some slime-shaped bean bag chairs, those would certainly be cool. Although I have to question whether they would be comfortable... You would have to mount it like a Slime Knight to avoid the undesirable... poking...

OH MYYYYYYYY...

Our last meeting didn't happen--a few last minute cancellations.  Tonight we will be trying again.  Our first standing-room-only DQIX meet-up.  I must look for the best wall-leaning spot, as a sitting alternative.

Edited by Liamland

Our last meeting didn't happen--a few last minute cancellations. Tonight we will be trying again. Our first standing-room-only DQIX meet-up. I must look for the best wall-leaning spot, as a sitting alternative.

Upstairs? Away from the crush?

Do they still have the Gameboy from the Gulf War?

I'm not sure they had it on display the last night I was at Nintendo World.  They may rotate it in and out, depending on whether or not they're actively promoting something and need the extra space that would otherwise be taken up by historical or "museum" styled pieces.

I'm guessing it's in storage there when it's not on display.  I can ask Dekablue.  Since he works there now, he'll have the inside scoop.

Ah, didn't know the small museum area was not always there.

Yeah.  Or maybe it rotates.  They had a "history of Mario" display on, right before Nintendo World closed, featuring original stage designs and drawings for Super Mario Bros.  I think it was part of a Super Mario Maker promotion.  I got some video of my final time there, which I'll post eventually.

That's it.

I actually went there on Friday for the Fire Emblem event. I don't know if it was because of the layout or the increase in number of fans, but the place was mobbed, especially on the 2nd floor. I hung out for like 45 minutes, spoke to Dekablue a little bit, then went home. Seemed like there a huge line to battle each other and since I still haven't beaten it, would have felt too long just to lose badly.

Oh and lack of seating does suck. I was standing for like 45 minutes and I probably would not have wanted to stand much longer. Guess they felt there was too much space taken up by seats and wanted to show more stuff. I did almost buy that Zelda shirt, the one with the old man in the first cave giving him the sword.

Edited by Destructor526