Sign in to follow this  
Liamland

The Official NYC NintendoNY Tag Mode Tuesday Topic

And scuff your new white loafers?  I won't have it.

I'll get that Healix pic.

Got a bunch of pics with Healix today and chatted with Square Enix marketing for a bit.  It was a great day.  Also randomly ran into Melonie Mac just walking around the Con.  I tried three times to beat Gigantes, but the clock ran out.  I'm going back tomorrow to see if I can give it another go.  It's a really tough challenge, particularly to folks who aren't familiar with the controls.

My strategy today was to stick with Yangus and Helm Splitter Gigantes to drop his defense.  Then I hop into the cannon and blast away at his eye (or the back of his head also deals the same high damage).  The trick is that the dropped defense time is really short.  So by the time you get all the way up the stairs to each cannon, the defense drop wears off.  So I think what has to happen is you get to the cannon first, and Whistle, to get Gigantes close, then you helm splitter him from above.  Drop defense, then turn around and hop in the cannon.  I accomplished this once and each hit took off about 1,400+ damage instead of 900+ for a direct hit on the eye.  It's tough, though, because you have to pull this off a few times without falling.  I was only able to do it once, so far.  I'll try again tomorrow, but I understand if the difficulty spike on this one is really high.

• Upvote 1

So this happened today...

20151010_120826a.jpg

• Upvote 1

Oh, you think so?

20150602_210016_resized.jpg

• Upvote 1

Yeah, it was so much fun.  The team was really cool and great to talk to.  Kaori (who some of you guys may remember from the unboxing video for the DQH Collectors Edition) is super-nice and incredibly knowledgeable about all things Square Enix, including (but not limited to) DQ, FF and Kingdom Hearts.  I got the picture that they're really working hard to bring us as much DQ as possible, but I can understand that there's still a lot of corporate pressure.

Platty, I have an idea I want to share with you for a future contest that includes Twitter.  I'll ping you in a bit.

Thanks. I need to finish off some , but I'm ready for new ideas

Yeah, I was thinking more for sometime after Halloween.  I shot you an idea about it.  Please let me know what you think.

• Upvote 1

Sounds good!  I'll check with DDDDrova.

Good times.  Got to see RPG Wizard for the first time since (according to my Quester's Rest log) June 1st!  Also, I was talking to DDDDrova about Dragon Quest Monsters Super Light, and caught the attention of someone sitting nearby who ended up being gamer and artist, Raytia.  We talked about some of the games we were playing, and discussed the DQIX meet-up for a bit.  She's outside of the city, though, but hopefully at some point in the future she will return for a Tag Mode Tuesday event with her copy of DQIX.

Good haul off of a Nokturnus lv. 99 yesterday.  3 purple orb steals, and 2 alefgard helms.  In fact, everybody stole an orb, but me.  Haha.

• Upvote 1

Hello. I am a fellow DQ fan and I also happen to live in Nyc. I am from manhattan, so i can get to the Nintendo World Store fairly easy. Out of curiosity though, do you guys ever do more than just DQIX? Personally, i actually havent played many of the main series DQ games (Although i really want to). I was introduced to DQ by the original Terrys wonderland and Cobis Journey back on GBC, and ive been in love with the franchise ever since. I actually didnt even know that the monster series were spin offs untill a lot later in my life, when i figured out DQ was a RPG first/still is. Of course its probably because DQ, at least around me, was so unheard of. Till this day, i never met in person someone who played the monster series like me when they were out in the early 2000s, or even heard of them, and growing up, no one in my entire school, and almost all other kids i came across growing up, didnt know jack about DQ.

In short, i was just wondering if you guys do any other DQ stuff, or can help someone out with getting into standard DQ games (im not talking about buying me games lol, i just mean tips/help type stuff). Also, if any of you have TW3D or DQM2 3D, i have both games and wouldnt mind meeting another non japanese person who plays and enjoys the monster series.

Edited by GeneralSteps

I haven't played all of the spin-offs, but some of the other folks may have.  I know RPG Wizard was into the Joker series, at least, and can possibly speak to the earlier Monsters games.  I have played all of the main series and have all of the remakes that were released in the US, if you have specific questions about where to go or what to do.

Sometimes we play other games, but DQIX has the best local multiplayer of the western DQ releases so far.  I'm also currently playing Dragon Quest Monsters Super Light on mobile.  If you like the monsters games, you may like this free-to-play game.  Sometimes, if we're not playing DQIX, we play other things.  We recently played through Zelda Four Swords, the downloadable game, and might try the new 3-player co-op Zelda, next.

We'll be at Nintendo World tomorrow night, around 7pm.  We typically gather at the right-side windows on the first floor.  If you're free, maybe we'll see you tomorrow.

Hey GeneralSteps!  Just a heads up, we'll be at Nintendo World tonight for Tag Mode Tuesday, around 7pm, if you want to stop by.  I'll be wearing a Dragon Quest Heroes t-shirt with DQ slimes on the front.

If we don't catch you this week, maybe we'll see you at another meet-up.

Sorry LiamLand, I missed the post and honestly got so caught up in other stuff i forgot about you guys meeting at NW. Please let me know if any of you guys are going to meet up there again at any other time, because id love to join you guys.

DDDDrova and I will be there tomorrow.  RPG Wizard can't make it, and I believe Dekablue is currently in Japan.

It'll be a smaller crowd, but we'll be there.

Well i am leaving for the holidays so i wont be in the city. But when i return ( after new years) i would love to join you guys. I also have a copy of DQ9 Sentinels of Starry Skies that i have yet to have touched/played, so id love to start off the game with you guys and your help. I will bring whatever DQ stuff I can. Ill definitly be bringing my TW3D and my DQM23D, as well as Joker 1 and Joker 2.

Hey GeneralSteps.  Sorry you couldn't make it yesterday.

Dekablue didn't leave for his trip yet, so he was able to show last night and he, DDDDrova and I did some legacy boss battles.  We raised my Dragonlord map from Level 76 to 79.  Got 3 red orbs from drops, and 2 Psaro maps, though my locations were junk, so I trashed both of the latter.

If you want to take advantage of multiplayer, you will need to play as far as the first castle town to unlock the Quester's Rest.  That's about an hour and 15 minutes into the game on a speed run, so you gotta figure more time than that for a first time play-through.  Then we can hop into your world and play along with you or you can hop into ours and we can do some grotto runs.

Tag Mode Tuesday is canceled for next week, because Deka will be in Japan, and I'll be in Cape Cod.  Have a happy holiday!

Tag Mode Tuesday is canceled for next week, because Deka will be in Japan, and I'll be in Cape Cod.  Have a happy holiday!

That was amazing!

But.....Since I haven't been here for years, I missed this chance to contact him.

I have just been in Tokyo from Dec.26 to Jan.2 and I have joined the DQ9 Akihabara event on Dec.29 7:00PM.

From the event I tagged Masahiro-san, Siumai-san, Soukojin-san, Bugpipe-san, Masa-san, and lots of hard players who I didn't know, distributed some Chinese players' grottoes, received over 20 new hi-spec grottoes.

Oh wow.  He was also in Hong Kong, before Japan, but he's probably back now.

Great to see DQIX tagging is still alive and well in Tokyo!

Do you have a save file you can share with The Den, for the special grottos?

Yeah, that's pretty sweet!  Wish I could have made it.  I'm long overdue for a trip to Japan.

• Upvote 1

http://mynintendonews.com/2016/01/06/nintendo-store-in-rockefeller-plaza-gets-a-massive-makeover/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=facebook

DDDDrova just sent this to the Tag Mode Tuesday group.  Looks like we may either be out of commission for a month or in need of a new meet-up spot.

Yeah, that's pretty sweet!  Wish I could have made it.  I'm long overdue for a trip to Japan.

You need to see the Shitaraba ( http://jbbs.shitaraba.net/game/48854 )for the event information on your destination, if you have done the plan of your trip.

You may even need to make a request on the thread of your destination either (the board has Tokyo thread, Osaka thread, etc.) since the local players and distributors may not have a plan to establish an event during your trip.

I contacted Masahiro-san a month before my trip so that he established the Dec.29 Akihabara event.

Of course I will see the posts here too if I have done a plan to trip to New York.

But I'm sorry to say that since I have spent about US$2,000 for this Tokyo trip, this will hardly happen in this year.....

Edited by MelonGx