The Official NYC NintendoNY Tag Mode Tuesday Topic

Did you get to see the Gameboy that survived an explosion in the Gulf War? It's on display in the museum part of the upstairs. It still functions!

That's the stuff bulletproof vests should be made of, Game Boys.

• Upvote 1
  • Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Getting that exp early.

Tag Mode Tuesday last night was a somber one.  This was the first time we've hosted a meet-up since Iwata's death, and there were crowds of people focused on the outpouring of fan sympathy and the sup

You might destroy an entire marriage with this question

Hah. Nice. I think the lines have been getting long, specifically for Amiibo sales. Some of them are held, exclusively behind the downstairs registers, because they limit one per customer.

Did you get to see the Gameboy that survived an explosion in the Gulf War? It's on display in the museum part of the upstairs. It still functions!

Yeah, that Gameboy was cool. Plugged in and still working! Thing looked half melted!

I found my DQVIII shirt and I've got my laptop charging and ready for any DLC-unlockable updates or DQVC Exclusives you might need.  See you at 6:30, plattym3!

Special thanks to Plattym3 and all the Tag Mode Tuesday folks for coming out to Nintendo World last night.  It was a higher than average turn-out for Plattym3, including appearances by RPG Wizard and Destructor526.  We started off at 6:30 with some map trading, and then went on to boss battle against a mid-level Nimzo, a Level 70 Dragonlord, and then finally made two failed attempts at Nokturnus Lv. 99.  Oh well, can't win 'em all!  Here are a few photos from the event:

20150602_194728_resized.jpg

Left to Right: Liamland, Destructor526, plattym3, DDDDrova, dekablue, and RPG Wizard

20150602_210016_resized.jpg

plattym3 and I (in our matching DQVIII shirts!) at Starbucks, to finish updating any missing DQIX DLC updates, after Tag Mode Tuesday.

• Upvote 1

Well, the next time you're up or the next time I'm down I'll bring some more characters to help fill your inn up a little.  Enjoy the upgrades and maps!

I just realized that if we were in a DQ game, last night's turn-out would have required a wagon!

Edited by Liamland
  • Upvote 1

Looks like you guys had a good time :thumbsup:

Today is the first Tag Mode Tuesday since plattym3's visit.  I'm anticipating a smaller crowd this time.  platty, you should visit more often.  I don't think I've seen a DQIX Tag Mode turn-out like that since the first year the game was released.

• Upvote 1

I wish I'd be there! Back to reality this week. Putting in long days staring at a computer and rewriting math standards for my school. Yeah, it's as boring as it sounds!

I'll plug in DQIX tonight and beat a grotto or 2 & beat up Baramos a bit. Maybe DQ Tuesday will become a thing in my household.

Nice.  Yeah, if your son is old enough to appreciate it, by all means!

Nice. Yeah, if your son is old enough to appreciate it, by all means!

I have Slime magnets on the fridge. He likes me to pick him up and tell him what each of the 12 are. He points to them all in turn.
  • Upvote 1

Nice. Yeah, if your son is old enough to appreciate it, by all means!

I have Slime magnets on the fridge. He likes me to pick him up and tell him what each of the 12 are. He points to them all in turn.

Getting that exp early.

• Upvote 3
  • 2 weeks later...

If anyone can make it tonight, I got my hands on a save file that has the official NOA1 level 1 Zoma map, which originated from one of the distribution carts, from Nintendo of America, during the game's launch in 2010.

• Upvote 1

Bailing due to severe thunderstorms and lack of response from any of the Tag Mode Tuesday regulars.  I'll try again next week.

• 3 weeks later...

We passed July 11th, this past Saturday, which marked the 5 year Anniversary of the release of DQIX in North America.  And although I didn't start playing it until September, and then first played multiplayer by November, the group as a whole has been meeting semi-regularly at Nintendo World for 5 whole years, since Nintendo World launched the first official DQIX Tag Mode Tuesday.  Much to the shock of the Nintendo staff, who've commented once or twice on the longevity of our meet-ups, we've been able to keep this together, mostly based on the DQIX GameFAQs Forums (with a nod to Dragon's Den for providing us with the most folks to visit from out of state.)

I was hoping SquareEnix will see this.  Maybe someday they'll truly take notice of the dedication of hardcore niche fanbases.

https://twitter.com/LiamKersting/status/621434205491347456

• Upvote 1

Tag Mode Tuesday last night was a somber one.  This was the first time we've hosted a meet-up since Iwata's death, and there were crowds of people focused on the outpouring of fan sympathy and the support, after what fans had left in memorial.

Some folks left artwork, poems, flowers, letters, bananas... No joke. In some sort of Donkey Kong themed homage, people actually left bananas.  I saw both single or bundles.  Real, yellow-to-brown, quickly decaying bananas.  Haha.

20150721_184442_resized.jpg

20150721_184449_resized.jpg

20150721_184454_resized.jpg

I wanted to leave some sort of message on behalf of DQ fans to thank Mr. Iwata for all of his support for DW/DQ in the west, so on a nearby table, where a notebook was left, I quickly (because of the line of folks behind me) drew the crest of Erdrick and wrote the following message of thanks.

20150721_193618_resized.jpg?t=1437494891

Edited by Liamland
  • Upvote 3

Liamland, you truly are a crusader when it comes to DQ. I wish I had that sortof dedication to anything in my life. That was a nice message and I bet Itawa would've loved it

Thanks guys.  Just seemed like the right thing to do, given his support of the series in The West.

• Upvote 1

Yeah that was very cool :thumbsup:

• 2 months later...

Healix was a no-show today at NY Comic Con, but according to the DQ Facebook page he'll be there tomorrow.  Looks like I missed him.  I only ad Thursday tickets.

My friend with the weekend pass says we'll work something out for me to borrow his badge for 20 minutes on Saturday.

I'm kicking myself that I didn't ask the guy with the slime shirt where Healix was.  I just didn't see him and figured the marketing folks weren't there on Thursday.

Edited by Liamland
  • Upvote 1