The Official NYC NintendoNY Tag Mode Tuesday Topic

Welcome to The Official NYC Nintendo World Store NintendoNY Tag Mode Tuesday Topic.

From around 7-8 at NintendoNY World in Rockefeller Center, NYC, we gather to play DQIX multiplayer. This typically includes 4-player co-op battles against legacy bosses, canvasse tagging characters to your inn, map trading, shop raiding, non-rare item sharing, and sometimes grotto grinding.  New players are always welcome.

If you are in the vicinity, but can't make the regular time, or wish to meet up with us, just post and let us know. We will see if we can accommodate a separate meet up time. As a wise RPG Wizard once mused, "getting those 30 tags is difficult enough as is!"

Thanks everybody.

Liam

Edited by Liamland
  • Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Getting that exp early.

Tag Mode Tuesday last night was a somber one.  This was the first time we've hosted a meet-up since Iwata's death, and there were crowds of people focused on the outpouring of fan sympathy and the sup

You might destroy an entire marriage with this question

My wife and I plan on a trip to NYC this summer. Maybe I'll brush up on my DQIX game and try to stop by (if the wife says yes).

You might destroy an entire marriage with this question
True, but maybe... If we go to some craft shop or fair while there, it'll all be even. My wife is no gamer, but spends a lot of time playing phone apps and doing crafts (which she's actually started selling for not insignificant money). She doesn't mind my gaming at all.

All are welcome.  If you're coming in at some point from out of town, just give me a heads up here, and I'll try and gather more the the average group of regulars.

• 3 months later...

We may make this the new main topic for the NYC Dragon Quest IX meet-up.  We had a long-standing topic in the GameFAQs DQIX forum that was recently archived, after I went on vacation, and no one posted in it for 10 days.

If we don't have a lot of traffic for DQIX on GameFAQs, we may just write up one last topic to point people here, instead.

All are welcome. If you're coming in at some point from out of town, just give me a heads up here, and I'll try and gather more the the average group of regulars.

My wife rolled her eyes, but she didn't rule it out! I'll let you know sooner to the date, but it should be late May/early June.

Hah.  My girlfriend does the same, when I plan things around the DQIX Tag Mode Tuesday meet-up, but it's all good.  I can talk to the group, and we can try to be flexible, if you can't make Tuesday night, but you can make another day, or a weekend day (if everyone has enough notice.)

Nintendo World in Rockefeller Center is also not far from Times Square, so if you're wife comes along or even if you meet up with her later, there are plenty of shopping and dinner options in the surrounding area.

• 1 month later...

Hey Platty, are you still planning a summer trip to NYC?

Hey Platty, are you still planning a summer trip to NYC?

Yes. Plane tickets are purchased. Wife seems fine with it. June 2nd will be the Tuesday I'll be there. What should I bring? What time? Edited by Plattym3

Okay.  We usually all end up showing by 7, but if you can make it there by 6:30 I can leave work early that day, so we have that much more time.  I'll keep DDDDrova and Dekablue in the loop.  Maybe we can even get RPG Wizard to show up.

Nintendo World closes at 8pm.

Do you need any DLC-unlocking for your game, a DQVC Shop download, DQVC Exclusives, Special Guests, or Quests?  If you need any of the first three I'll bring my laptop and NDS Adaptor.

I can bring my DQV and DQVI DS games if you want to tag them, but I'm not interested in anything from them. My DQIX game I could use a good map or two. I have about 120 hours on the game, maybe 20-30 post game. I've honestly never even got a character to revocate or Super high level. Never played multi player before. Haven't played it in 2 years, but I'm going to fire it up and familiarize myself with it this month.

I have all the special guests, probably (?) access to all the quests.

Okay.  I'll bring my laptop/NDS Adaptor, just in case you think of something you want that requires it, like a shop download, expanded inn, or exclusive items.

Don't worry about levels for Multiplayer.  It's fun just to participate in legacy boss battles.  We can choose to fight a legacy boss at the right level, depending on where you're at.

I would recommend acquiring at least two scrolls: the Thief's Theory (for item steals) and the Shield Scroll for 100% blocking of critical attacks, if you don't already have them.  Shield Scroll is really helpful in legacy boss battles since almost all legacy bosses are capable of critical attacking.  The scroll is acquired by beating the Shield quests from the instructor at Swinedimples.  Thief's theory is acquired by completing the series of Thief's quests in Dourbridge.  The advantage of Thief's theory in multiplayer is that if all of us have it, then it's 4 chances to steal at the end of battle, and if one steal occurs we all get the item.  We've gotten a lot of orbs that way.

Other scrolls that we use regularly are the Minstrel's Manual (Gritty Ditty twice to Oomph the entire party) and the Armamentalist Album (Fource the entire party in one round.)  These are good support scrolls to have, but enough of us have them already just in case you haven't gotten them yet.

I haven't played DQV-DS in awhile, so I'll have to remember where to go to tag, but I'll bring both if you want to tag them.  DQVI I'm still working on a mail-and-tag solution for dream tagging with the save editor, but any extra tags are welcome.

Edited by Liamland

I'll be visiting New York City around July 10 to 12 (Friday to Sunday). Because I bought IX around September 2014, I did not have a chance to access DQVC, so I would greatly appreciate it if I could get the DQVC content like Special Guests and extra Quests.

I haven't played IX since January, and I'm assuming that my party is not comparable to your parties. Nobody has revocated, but every vocation excluding Luminary has been unlocked with some weapon and vocation scrolls. I will have a lot of free time coming next week when I finally finish high school, so that may be enough incentive for me to get back into my DQ IX obsession from last year. I do have a lot of other games between me and that goal, including DQ V, VI, and Bravely Default.

Yoooo when is this?

June 2nd

Okay. I'll bring my laptop/NDS Adaptor, just in case you think of something you want that requires it, like a shop download, expanded inn, or exclusive items.

Don't worry about levels for Multiplayer. It's fun just to participate in legacy boss battles. We can choose to fight a legacy boss at the right level, depending on where you're at.

I would recommend acquiring at least two scrolls: the Thief's Theory (for item steals) and the Shield Scroll for 100% blocking of critical attacks, if you don't already have them. Shield Scroll is really helpful in legacy boss battles since almost all legacy bosses are capable of critical attacking. The scroll is acquired by beating the Shield quests from the instructor at Swinedimples. Thief's theory is acquired by completing the series of Thief's quests in Dourbridge. The advantage of Thief's theory in multiplayer is that if all of us have it, then it's 4 chances to steal at the end of battle, and if one steal occurs we all get the item. We've gotten a lot of orbs that way.

Other scrolls that we use regularly are the Minstrel's Manual (Gritty Ditty twice to Oomph the entire party) and the Armamentalist Album (Fource the entire party in one round.) These are good support scrolls to have, but enough of us have them already just in case you haven't gotten them yet.

I haven't played DQV-DS in awhile, so I'll have to remember where to go to tag, but I'll bring both if you want to tag them. DQVI I'm still working on a mail-and-tag solution for dream tagging with the save editor, but any extra tags are welcome.

Ok. That's my goal then when I get home tomorrow. Becoming Creator on Fantasy Life is on hold. Time to get back to DQIX.

So, I have 3 of the 4 scrolls you suggested. Just missing the Minstrel's Manual. I think I'll make that my goal as I refamiliarize myself with the awesomeness that is DQIX.

@BUT_THOU_MUST - I'll try to keep some time open that weekend (July 10th) for DQIX DLC transfer.  Don't worry about levels.

@Excitemike - Hey, are you the same Mike from Brooklyn that DDDDrova and I met up with the other week?  Either way, you're welcome to join us on June 2nd for Tag Mode Tuesday, if you're available.

@plattym3 - Sounds great.  I recently picked up DQIX again and I'm now working on my boss project and leveling legacy bosses.

@BUT_THOU_MUST - I'll try to keep some time open that weekend (July 10th) for DQIX DLC transfer. Don't worry about levels.

@Excitemike - Hey, are you the same Mike from Brooklyn that DDDDrova and I met up with the other week? Either way, you're welcome to join us on June 2nd for Tag Mode Tuesday, if you're available.

@plattym3 - Sounds great. I recently picked up DQIX again and I'm now working on my boss project and leveling legacy bosses.

Finished the quest for the Minstrel Manual last night. Just need to report in to Tom Foolery and get the book (I was too tired haha).

It all came rushing back to me quickly. Gonna have some fun with this game the next couple weeks!

• 2 weeks later...

See you next week, Plattym3.  What time did you want to meet up?  I can try and make it there by 6:30pm if that works for you.  We usually gather by 7 for Tag Mode Tuesday, but I suggest getting there earlier to have time to explore the store, and for extra time boss battling, map sharing or any DLC-content-unlocking.

Yes, 6:30 is fine. We're staying with my aunt way up in the Bronx, but will be in Manhattan all day Tuesday, so I'll be there early enough. I'll PM you my phone number to make meet up easy.

I just beat The Mystical One's Gem Slime special map on my main game.  There are also some PKJs on the lowest floors!

I've added it to the list of NYC LegacyBoss, Special Maps & High Level Grottos:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1MUH4meXJn4AoNCpKXKlPhyi0cH_dql_eDQzEOiRXNYw/edit#gid=1787036274

@The Mystical One, I gave you credit in the notes field for the gem slime map.  Let me know if you'd rather remain anonymous and I can remove your name.

Nice list!

So I went to Nintendo World yesterday and hung out for a bit. Neat place, loved the old gaming systems display. My wife and I found it odd that despite a small amount for sale, there was a line downstairs that was 20-30 people long to check out.

Then we go upstairs and they're asking people to checkout as no one is in line to buy a thing up there. Haha, we wanted to yell down to the line to go upstairs, but played some Wii U instead.

Hah. Nice.  I think the lines have been getting long, specifically for Amiibo sales.  Some of them are held, exclusively behind the downstairs registers, because they limit one per customer.

Did you get to see the Gameboy that survived an explosion in the Gulf War?  It's on display in the museum part of the upstairs.  It still functions!