Sign in to follow this  
King Zenith

Dragon Quest 8 - New Overworld Map Complete!

Wish I still had access to a big-a** drafting printer...

And the high-quality 'paper' that goes into printing posters.  and the ink... that ink is a rip off.  it's a monopoly and yet we don't complain and make them lower the price.. what's wrong with america?

Yep, that's looking great! Oddly, the other picture is working for me now too.

DOH, didn't realize I hung it upside down, will fix that on Monday :)

• Upvote 1

Instead of using chest icons with different colors to denote what key is needed to open it, why not just use the chest icon for no key and use the icons of the keys needed to mark the spot where the locked chests are.

Oh, and VERY nice finished product.

Edited by GrandAlchemist

Instead of using chest icons with different colors to denote what key is needed to open it, why not just use the chest icon for no key and use the icons of the keys needed to mark the spot where the locked chests are.

I think because this would take more effort than merely photoshopping a different color aura around the same chest sprite.

That's not a bad idea, although it might be a little weird denoting chests with keys.  Maybe I will add a key icon to the label that goes with each chest.  Then it will be clear and I don't have to use different color chests.

and Thanks!  Having you come out of hiding to comment is an honor in itself.

Or do a chest with the needed key overlaid on top of it or do like a chest image/key image thing

I'll try some of those things and post the samples here.  Might be a week though, since I am buried right now.

and Thanks!  Having you come out of hiding to comment is an honor in itself.

Well, you know, planets aligning and whatnot.

KingZ, this is amazing work! Kudos to you for all your hard work!

After seeing Woodus' printed out map, I'm seriously considering getting access to a plotter to make a print myself. ;)

Thanks Yoon! Do you think you will be able to squeeze this into Dragon Geo?  The resolution of the map just begs for a map-engine API to handle the zooming and panning.  It would be great if the full-resolution could be preserved in your app somehow.  I suppose if space was an issue for some, you could make the map resolution selectable by the user so they could choose to use the full res if they like or just download a resampled version if they are low on space?

Anyway, thanks again!