Sign in to follow this  
Slimeknight

Does anyone think the western mobile releases will eventually lead to

I don't think so, because the mobile releases have been solely remakes of existing DQ titles. If it DID happen, though, I would be overjoyed. :D

Well, there already is a mobile version of the game in Japan. Like the 3DS version, it's streamed. This is technically a possibility, but I think it'd be much more likely that we'd get the game on PC. MMORPGs are really geared towards PC gameplay, and even though this one was designed for consoles rather than PC gameplay (though the PC port was handled quite nicely, I'm enjoying it), I doubt that the mobile version would be top choice for export. Haven't played the mobile version though, so who knows, maybe it rocks.

No, never. Even SE aren't crazy enough to port an unproven MMORPG to a platform with no MMORPG's using a system which streams the game and requires a mountain of mobile data to work.

The 3DS/mobile ports in Japan are only there because the game is popular but the Wii is dying. PC gaming isn't massive in Japan and nobody is buying the Wii U so if they want it to maintain it's momentum they need it to be available on gaming platforms that people actually use, which in Japan is mobile phones and 3DS.

Western audiences play a lot of mobile games, but not MMO's. If they released it outside Japan, they would do the same thing they did there and target it at a platform with a large install base and a proven history with MMORPG games, which as Erdrick pointed out means that a PC is most likely for the west. Unless something crazy happens to the machine's sales we won't get the Wii U version, and the Wii version is too old now.

Honestly, we're more likely to get a western specific port for PS4 than a mobile/3DS release here.

No. I don't. I don't if "anyone" believes, but I sure don't.

Every MMO is unproven until released Broker.  Sure there would be exceptions, like a new Blizzard MMO release is likely to do well up front, and probably due to name recognition and WoW's pedigree, but I think FF14, and both of Lucas Arts forays into the MMO world are proof that name and brand recognition aren't guarantees of anything: they were unproven until release =P.