Does anyone know how well the mobile games are selling in western mark

Well if you just go by the 'times downloaded' indicator on Android, Dragon Quest 1 & 8 have broken 10k, while Dragon Quests II & IV are between 1k and 10k.

Seems like they're hardly burning up the sales charts. That's NOT good for their continuing support (Dragon Quest V & VI), much less Dragon Quest VII...

Edited by Omegaplex

They aren't really a good figure, they don't get updated often. 

Just look at the top downloads in Top Paid. DQ1 is in the top 100. (( Secret of Mana is too yay )) And in Role-Playing, they're in the top 50.

They added controller support, even. I'll be getting it soon enough.

Is there controller support in the iOS version? I might just buy it then. Ooooooorrrrr I can buy it on the Wii, extract the ROM, and use a SNES emulator. That way I can play on whatever system/device I want.

The updated sprites are nice, but the overall presentation is blurry. Looks like you can't strafe any more, at least not with the touch controls. No quick save or cloud save...typical SE laziness. You'd think with controller support they would have added multiplayer.

EDIT: Even with a controller you can't strafe. It's a rather important ability to have in this game. I use it all the time.

Edited by Cain

EDIT: Even with a controller you can't strafe. It's a rather important ability to have in this game. I use it all the time.

What do you mean by strafe?  I am sure I know the technique, just not by that name as all my SoM playing was SNES or Wii, and I've never looked at a guide for the game ever.

I'm pretty sure that cloud saving and stuff will eventually become a part of their newer releases on mobile.

SoM Google Play is an iOS port.

What do you mean by strafe?  I am sure I know the technique, just not by that name as all my SoM playing was SNES or Wii, and I've never looked at a guide for the game ever.

When you held the L or R button on the SNES while moving, your character wouldn't change the direction they are facing.  This way you could back up or move side to side, while still facing your target.  Soul Blazer had this technique and they called it "Crab Walking"...lol.

It was really helpful in Lostside Marsh.

When you held the L or R button on the SNES while moving, your character wouldn't change the direction they are facing.  This way you could back up or move side to side, while still facing your target.  Soul Blazer had this technique and they called it "Crab Walking"...lol.

Oh, that. Usually I was always charging an attack, which naturally strafes.
Edited by The Mystical One

The TCG is coming to Android, it's out on iOS, so.

well, I really imagine a Pokemon game coming to mobile, it would really concrete the revolution to mobile gaming.

I think no other franchise has that power.

"cement" not "concrete"