Kenshin Dragon Quest Doesn't work

Hi guys!

This is my first post so let me introduce myself: I'm Xavi, from Barcelona :D

[i'm posting this in the general as I do not know exactly where it fits...]

I always came to this website to find good material and to solve some questions I hope you can help me out this time too :)

A few days ago I bought Kenshin dragon quest (http://dragon-quest.org/wiki/Kenshin_Dragon_Quest) and I was REEEEEEALLY excited about playing it. I plugged it on my TV and pointed the sword towards the screen... but it didn't work.

The machine plugged in the TV is working but the problem seems to be the sword (the controller).

As it is independent from de console, I thought that maybe it has some batteries inside but as it is sealed (and it's an awesome sword) I don't want to break it to find it out... if anyone can help me before!!

Has anyone been playing it? Am I doing something wrong? Does anyone "changed" the batteries of this sword?

I looked for hours in the internet but didn't find anything......T_T 

Many many thanks in advanced!!

It is the reflection of the sword that the system uses to figure out it's position. There is no batteries for the sword. While the angle would be wrong you could theoretically use a roll of aluminum foil in it's place. Because of that though the game does not do well in rooms with a lot of natural sunlight. Try at night and see if that helps. Also turning off any lamp that might be shining on the screen.

Many many many thanks Mimas for your fast reply!!

Tried in the dark..with aluminum roll... didn't work T_T 

Now I'm sure I'm doing sth wrong... or maybe there is a problem with the receptor...

There are 4 red lights always on in the machine. is it OK? also.. could it be problem of the TV? not shure why but....T_T

Many thanks again!!

It doesn't use a system like the old Super Scope 6 did does it? Couldn't figure out for the longest time why I couldn't get it to work, found out it doesn't work with LCDs, you have to have a CRT type TV.

Could this be the same thing?