Sign in to follow this  
Mischief Comics

Dragon Warrior II Monsters

When I started playing Dragon Warrior II a few years back I tried to draw all the monsters as I fought them. As you can see, I didn't get very far. I drew a few more of them, up to the Orc, I think, but only scanned and colored a few. I took the pallet directly from the sprites. I love the old 8 bit sprites because they are just detailed enough to give you an idea of what the enemy looks like, but not so detailed that you can't use your own imagination, which was a lot of fun when I was analyzing those pixels.

ec30e888e8a99ae40af7a5efa0d327b1-d52bmjw20239b0d55e1cb01843bd22cd6e5b3fb-d535byp

• Upvote 3

Wow. Very talented! I'm in the stick figure business myself, so those are really pretty cool. And a neat take on some!

interesting)

That's awesome.  I definitely like your take on these guys, and it's a shame you didn't go any further with it (though completely understandable).  I like how you even have a fresh take on the slime.  That seems like a tough monster to do anything too unique with.

Thanks for sharing these!

Wow, These are really good! Keep up the great work; and I'd like to see more in the future! :)

Thanks for the kind words everyone! I think I'll dig up some of my old sketches and scan them in to color them. The real reason I couldn't draw anymore monsters, was that I got stuck on DW2. I lost my place, and had only gotten 2 crests. :rolleyes: So I set it aside for a while. 

This style is very good. I could see a book illustrated with these pics. :D

Thanks, Cesar! I like your style too. I've been poking around on your deviant art page. I love the picture of Hargon you did.

Edited by Mischief Comics