Sign in to follow this  
mariosmentor

DQX........Gamescript?

No one's in the mood for a Young Yangus translation. A couple of guys over here are working on an English patch for DQX. I want to contribute somehow, but I don't know Japanese.............What if I provided a gamescript? I don't speak Japanese, but I can easily transliterate the language, since I've done so for a long time. Using Saigan and Cranberry's YouTube vids, I could easily get most, if not all, of the text in the offline campaign. Of course, there's no way every speck of text is somewhere in YouTube's databases, so I'm bound to need someone to send me recorded footage from time to time. This could be a great way to help around here, especially if the DQX patch caves in. So, what do you guys think? Good idea, or another failure waiting for the deathblow?

Right now its best to wait for the tools to be released and they will then dump the script. Until then the work is redundant. Though I stream from time to time. I am not in a position to send videos and the like atm

I knew it. Dumb idea............

Well the main issue is your lack of resources. You work on a library computer, you can't  play te game at the moment. Your better off finding work get a chance to play the game and do your own videos and the like on your free time. Relying on other people for the bare basics is a pain. Seriously though just do what you can to get spare cash and actually enjoy the game!

..........I'll think about it. 'Til then, does anyone know how to turn off your account? I clearly don't fit in these forums.

Not about fitting in, just things aren't ready to go full force. I dont know how familiar you are with game translations as things take a while to get going. Until the release of the rools/game script then there will be plenty of work to be had

But nothing major I could contribute to. The most notable thing I've ever done here was a DQ timeline theory, and that's just fan opinion. I couldn't even submit the DQ1 and 2 MSX osts without someone else doing it for me. I talk like I can deliver, but I'm just another one of the dumbass spectators who belong in the sidelines. Now again, how do I turn off my account?

to be fair you never talked like you could deliver. Each post I see initially for you is asking people to do work for you. Look its great to have motivation, and being passionate about something. It would go a lot better if you yourself could do the things you ask for. Getting access to DQX is a investment and if anything you would do a lot better at the moment working towards joining the community and playing with us.

........Even if I had the money for DQX, there's still the issue of how my mom believes that anything Japanese is pure hellspawn (thanks A LOT, WWII). Most of the video games I buy/anime I watch/manga I read are done so in secret. Only reason I have a Wii is because my brother's dad gave it to us to pay off a favor, and my mom watches it like a hawk, so modding it will be impossible without her noticing. Importing? She's the first to know what mail we get. That's why I don't have a Japanese pen pal anymore. DQX just simply isn't accessible for me, not until I get an apartment, and without work experience, it's impossible to find someone who'll hire you, and I'd rather not enter a trade school. I've heard that MMOs can be pretty fun at times, but the only similar thing that I can go to is a card game night at Hastings. Now again, how do I turn off my account?

Mariosmentor,

A) I don't believe there is a way to turn off your account. Just don't visit/don't post if that's what you want.

B) We, or at the very least, I, like having you around. "Contributing" isn't just about giving material or data to the Den. Contributing is being here and conversing. You're holding yourself to a high standard that you don't need to hold yourself to. And your enthusiasm is great! We're not saying this is necessarily a bad idea, just that other members are doing almost the same thing, and taking it a few steps further. You're free to ask them personally if there's anything you could do to help them, although without regular access to a computer or the game, that may be hard for you. Whether or not you can help with the project, it's not important. We're a community of people looking for (or having found) friends that share an interest in the Dragon Quest series. You don't have to give us something to stick around, that's not how friendship works.

C) I'm sorry about your mom, that sounds awful.

I certainly don't think you should "turn off your account".  There are plenty of us here who like having you around.  Don't feel bad for having ideas but not being able to act on them right now.  As Erdrick said, a large part of being in this community is just talking and sharing thoughts, ideas and experiences. 

Anyway, if you still aren't convinced. Woodus is the only one who can terminate your account.  Please do sleep on it at least before you think about going that route.

..............Thanks. I'll stick around. (Cries into imaginary slime plush.) Sorry, I was always at the bottom of the middle/high school food chain, so I don't get a lot of friendly support...........Maybe I can start over with that DQ3 LP? Now that I have a modded PSP, I can record just fine.

..............Thanks. I'll stick around. (Cries into imaginary slime plush.) Sorry, I was always at the bottom of the middle/high school food chain, so I don't get a lot of friendly support...........Maybe I can start over with that DQ3 LP? Now that I have a modded PSP, I can record just fine.

That's the spirit. Sounds like something you know how to do and I know some people around here will be interested in that.