Sign in to follow this  
gooieooie

E-mails to SE?

Alright, I wrote twice on Operation Hero's wall.  I reiterated the point most of us are making:  Operation Hero's name has to change.  Even if it means just putting Dragon Quest in front of it, so people can 1)Find it, and 2)associate it with Dragon Quest.

The second wall post was a link to here in the hopes maybe they might attempt to join in and start writing emails and letters based on the examples contained in the first page.

I don't know who runs it, but...

I'm not gonna say what I think about the FB page. :|

I want every DQ ever made! So I'm sending your letter, which were well done BTW.

Hello,

A few months ago I sent some letters in Japanese to Square Enix Japan from France, at least one of them seems to have hit its mark:

http://operationrainfall.com/2014/09/03/square-enix-cries-dragon-quest-vii/

I modified the templates so anyone could send his/her own letter in Japanese to Square Enix.

It seems I cannot attach files to my message, so I will paste the letters' contents below.

Thanks,

Bernard

FIRST LETTER - ENGLISH VERSION

First name – Last name

Street

City

Country

Phone

Email

Date

Yosuke Matsuda

c/o Square Enix Holdings Co., Ltd.

Shinjuku Bunka Quint Bldg. 3-22-7

Yoyogi, Shibuya-ku

Tokyo 151-8544, Japan

Dear Sir,

RE: Bringing Dragon Quest VII 3DS to USA and Europe

After its release in Japan in February 2013, Dragon Quest VII 3DS quickly became one of my most anticipated role playing games, and as more information, screens, and trailers were released, my interest only expanded. Following E3 2014, I am deeply concerned that this game still has neither North American nor European releases planned, especially considering the sparse RPG lineup of Square Enix for the months to come. So much for Square Enix focusing on JRPGs again like its president promised it would?

I am really puzzled by this situation as Bravely Default Flying Fairy on 3DS sold so well in the western markets (it cracked the top ten during its opening month in America with 200,000 units sold!), so why wouldn't Square Enix reiterate the experience with Dragon Quest VII? Why distribute in the West the eighth installment of the franchise on mobile phones and not the seventh installment on 3DS? Dragon Quest VII 3DS sold 800 000 copies in Japan in just four days and given the triumph of Dragon Quest IX in Europe and the US (to date, it has sold more than 1 million copies there), I am pretty confident it would set new sales records in the West as well. Besides, the original edition of this masterpiece, dubbed Warriors of Eden, was already translated to English and released on Sony PlayStation in North America back in the day, so I reckon the translation effort would be kept to a minimum.

I recall President Yosuke Matsuda recently declared he was reconsidering the appeal of the JRPG genre all over the world and was aiming to push back towards the very genre which made Square Enix a household name. Games like Bravely Default, a JRPG the company made for the Japanese audience with the proper elements, ended up selling well outside of Japan too. Fans of JRPGs are indeed spread around the world! As we’re speaking, an online petition requesting the localization of Dragon Quest VII for 3DS and Dragon Quest X for Wii U, called “Operation Heroâ€, has already gathered more than 2000 signatures.

Please consider your company's American and European fans; please bring Dragon Quest VII on 3DS to us.

Sincerely,

First name – Last name

FIRST LETTER - JAPANESE VERSION

First name – Last name

*   Street

City

(     Phone

@   Email

Yosuke Matsuda

Yoyogi, Shibuya-ku

Tokyo 151-8544, Japan

ï¼’ï¼ï¼‘4年6月21日[bL1] 

æ¾ç”°[WU2] æ§˜

ï¼’ï¼ï¼‘2年1ï¼æœˆã«ã€ã€Œãƒ‰ãƒ©ã‚´ãƒ³ã‚¯ã‚¨ã‚¹ãƒˆVIIã€ã®ãƒ‹ãƒ³ãƒ†ãƒ³ãƒ‰ãƒ¼3DS版ãŒé–‹ç™ºã•ã‚ŒãŸã¨èžã„ã¦ã€å¤§å¤‰

喜んã§ã„ã¾ã—ãŸã€‚ï¼’ï¼ï¼‘3年2月ã«æ—¥æœ¬ã§è²©å£²ã•ã‚ŒãŸã®ã§ã€ãƒ¨ãƒ¼ãƒ­ãƒƒãƒ‘ã§ã®ç™ºå£²ã‚’å¾…ã£ã¦ã„ã¾ã—ãŸã€‚「ドラゴンクエストVIIã€ã¯ã€ç§ãŒä»Šä¸€ç•ªæ¬²ã—ã„3DSã®ã‚²ãƒ¼ãƒ ã‚½ãƒ•ãƒˆã§ã™ã€‚

ã—ã‹ã—ã€ä»Šå¹´ã®è¦‹æœ¬å¸‚ã®Electronic Entertainment ExpoãŒçµ‚ã‚ã£ã¦ã‚‚ã€æ®‹å¿µãªãŒã‚‰ã€ã‚¢ãƒ¡ãƒªã‚«ã¨ãƒ¨ãƒ¼ãƒ­ãƒƒãƒ‘ã§ã®ã€Œãƒ‰ãƒ©ã‚´ãƒ³ã‚¯ã‚¨ã‚¹ãƒˆVIIã€ã®3DS版ã®ç™ºå£²ã®è©±ã¯ã‚ã‚Šã¾ã›ã‚“ã§ã—ãŸã€‚

ãã—ã¦ãƒªãƒ¼ã‚¸ãƒ§ãƒ³ã‚³ãƒ¼ãƒ‰ãŒã‚ã‚‹ã®ã§ã€æ—¥æœ¬ã‹ã‚‰ã‚²ãƒ¼ãƒ ã‚½ãƒ•ãƒˆã‚’輸入ã™ã‚‹ã“ã¨ã‚‚ã§ãã¾ã›ã‚“。

御社ã®ã€Œãƒ–レイブリーデフォルト フライングフェアリーã€ã®ï¼“DS版ã¯ãƒ¨ãƒ¼ãƒ­ãƒƒãƒ‘ã§ã¨ã¦ã‚‚人気ãŒã‚ã‚Šã€

アメリカã§ã¯ã€ä¸€æœˆã®é–“ã«ã€ï¼’ï¼ï¼ï¼Œï¼ï¼ï¼å€‹è·³ã¶ã‚ˆã†ã«å£²ã‚Œã¾ã—ãŸã€‚「ドラゴンクエストVIIã€ã‚‚åŒã˜ã‚ˆã†ã«å£²ã‚Œã‚‹ã¨æ€ã„ã¾ã™ã€‚

日本ã§ã¯ã€ã€Œãƒ‰ãƒ©ã‚´ãƒ³ã‚¯ã‚¨ã‚¹ãƒˆVIIã€ã®ï¼“DS版ãŒï¼”日間ã§ï¼˜ï¼ï¼ï¼Œï¼ï¼ï¼å€‹å£²ã‚Œã¾ã—ãŸã€‚ãã—ã¦ã€ã€Œãƒ‰ãƒ©ã‚´ãƒ³ã‚¯ã‚¨ã‚¹ãƒˆIXã€ã‚‚アメリカã¨ãƒ¨ãƒ¼ãƒ­ãƒƒãƒ‘ã§å¤§å¤‰äººæ°—ãŒã‚ã‚Šã€ä»Šã¾ã§ï¼‘ï¼ï¼ï¼ï¼Œï¼ï¼ï¼å€‹ãŒå£²ã‚Œã¾ã—ãŸã€‚「ドラゴンクエストVIIã€ã®ï¼“DS版も絶対ã«äººæ°—ãŒã‚ã‚Šã¾ã™ã€‚

ãã—ã¦ã€ã“ã®ç´ æ™´ã‚‰ã—ã„ゲーム「ドラゴンクエストVIIã€ã®ãƒ—レイステーション販ãŒç™ºå£²ã•ã‚ŒãŸæ™‚ã«ã€ã€ŒDragon Warrior VIIã€ã¨è¨€ã†è‹±èªžãƒ†ã‚­ã‚¹ãƒˆãŒã‚ã‚‹ã®ã§ã€ä»Šå›žã®ã‚²ãƒ¼ãƒ ã®è‹±èªžãƒ†ã‚­ã‚¹ãƒˆã¯å¿…è¦ã‚ã‚Šã¾ã›ã‚“。

ã“ã“ã«ã€ãƒ‰ãƒ©ã‚´ãƒ³ã‚¯ã‚¨ã‚¹ãƒˆVIIã€ã®ï¼“DS版ã¨ã€Œãƒ‰ãƒ©ã‚´ãƒ³ã‚¯ã‚¨ã‚¹ãƒˆIXã€ã®è²©å£²ã«è³›åŒã™ã‚‹å˜†é¡˜æ›¸ãŒã‚ã‚Šã¾ã™ã€‚æ—¢ã«2ï¼ï¼ï¼[bL3] äººä»¥ä¸ŠãŒç½²åã—ã¾ã—ãŸã€‚

欧米ファンã®ç‚ºã«ã€ã‚¢ãƒ¡ãƒªã‚«ã¨ãƒ¨ãƒ¼ãƒ­ãƒƒãƒ‘ã§ã‚‚「ドラゴンクエストVIIã€ã®ï¼“DSを販売ã—ã¦ãã ã•ã„。

御社ã®ã‚²ãƒ¼ãƒ ã§ãƒ—レイã™ã‚‹ã®ã‚’楽ã—ã¿ã«ã—ã¦ãŠã‚Šã¾ã™ã€‚

何å’宜ã—ããŠé¡˜ã„ã„ãŸã—ã¾ã™ã€‚

First name – Last name

[bL1]Date

[WU2]Matsuda

[bL3]Number of signatures

SECOND LETTER - ENGLISH VERSION

First name – Last name

Street

City

Country

Phone

Email

Yosuke Matsuda

Yoyogi, Shibuya-ku

Tokyo 151-8544, Japan

Date

Dear Sir,

I was extremely excited by the reveal of the Dragon Quest VII remake on Nintendo 3DS, in October 2012. After its release in Japan in February 2013, it quickly became one of my most anticipated role playing games. Following E3 2014, I am deeply concerned that this game still has neither North American nor European releases planned, which feels all the more unfair for Western gamers as the Nintendo 3DS is region-locked. A few days ago, I stumbled upon an article on USgamer that gave me some insight into this otherwise puzzling situation www.usgamer.net/articles/your-voice-matters-dragon-quest-final-fantasy

To begin with, Bringing Dragon Quest VII to the West doesn’t necessarily imply financing the distribution of physical cartridges in various countries or the translation of the game into every single non-Japanese language. For example, consider the launch of Shin Megami Tensei IV in Europe: Japanese editor Atlus will only release the English version of the game on Nintendo eShop, and European fans would rather play that version of the game that no game at all! A lot of RPG fans don’t mind playing a game in English, even if it is not their native language. Besides, I think the localized 3DS version wouldn’t require a full retranslation: since the PlayStation game was released in America as well in 2001 it would make sense to use the English language texts from that game and put it into the 3DS remake. If Square Enix went for a more traditional localization, without the added effort of coming up with puns and accents, the localization cost would be much lower, and more people would be willing to buy it, judging by the numbers of fans who are turned off by the current localization style. Western fans value Dragon Quest mostly for its historical importance to the RPG genre, for its engrossing gameplay, battle and character customization mechanics, not for his English dialogues.

Finally, I’m not quite sure the excuse of “We’re not sure the game will sell enough†still pays off in 2014, as we lived through the very same experience not even a year ago. Square Enix had this little RPG in Japan called Bravely Default, but ignored the Western audience for an entire year until Nintendo stepped in to aid in localizing, publishing and marketing. And then, this tiny, nameless, brand new IP became a monstrous hit, closing out the year with 1 million copies shipped worldwide. This success led Square Enix’s president Yosuke Matsuda to write an open letter, admitting the company lost focus, promising more JRPGs, and essentially owning up to Square Enix’s mistake of overlooking its Western audience. And yet, here we are again. Western gamers are once again calling for a wonderful JRPG, one that actually belongs to a franchise with an established fan base all over the world, to be localized on the Nintendo 3DS in the West, and once again, Square Enix seems to have forgotten that this Bravely Default episode ever happened. Perhaps you could ask Nintendo to help with publishing Dragon Quest VII 3DS in the West in the same way they helped publish Dragon Quest IX and the DS ports of IV, V and VI in various parts of the world?

You can rest assured that a lot of people will buy and support Dragon Quest VII in the West, but for this to happen first you have to release it there! If the platform becomes an issue and releasing a single localized game on a gaming handheld proves to be too great a risk for Square Enix somehow, then at least release it on iOS and Android devices, alongside all the other entries in the series. As you release them in succession, with multiple titles in a short span of time, you would create momentum and get people interested in, make more people aware of the brand.

As we’re speaking, an online petition requesting the localization of Dragon Quest VII and Dragon Quest X, called “Operation Heroâ€, has already gathered more than 3500 signatures.

Please consider your company's American and European fans; please bring Dragon Quest VII to us.

Sincerely,

First name – Last name

SECOND LETTER - JAPANESE VERSION

First name - Last name

Street

City

Country

Phone

E-mail address

Yosuke Matsuda

Yoyogi, Shibuya-ku

Tokyo 151-8544, Japan

Date

æ¾ç”°[WU1] æ§˜

ï¼’ï¼ï¼‘2年1ï¼æœˆã«ã€ã€Œãƒ‰ãƒ©ã‚´ãƒ³ã‚¯ã‚¨ã‚¹ãƒˆVIIã€ã®ãƒ‹ãƒ³ãƒ†ãƒ³ãƒ‰ãƒ¼3DS版ãŒé–‹ç™ºã•ã‚ŒãŸã¨èžã„ã¦ã€å¤§å¤‰å–œã‚“ã§ã„ã¾ã—ãŸã€‚ï¼’ï¼ï¼‘3年2月ã«æ—¥æœ¬ã§è²©å£²ã•ã‚ŒãŸã®ã§ã€ãƒ¨ãƒ¼ãƒ­ãƒƒãƒ‘ã§ã®ç™ºå£²ã‚’å¾…ã£ã¦ã„ã¾ã—ãŸã€‚「ドラゴンクエストVIIã€ã¯ã€ç§ãŒä»Šä¸€ç•ªæ¬²ã—ã„3DSã®ã‚²ãƒ¼ãƒ ã‚½ãƒ•ãƒˆã§ã™ã€‚ã—ã‹ã—ã€ä»Šå¹´ã®è¦‹æœ¬å¸‚ã®Electronic Entertainment ExpoãŒçµ‚ã‚ã£ã¦ã‚‚ã€æ®‹å¿µãªãŒã‚‰ã€ã‚¢ãƒ¡ãƒªã‚«ã¨ãƒ¨ãƒ¼ãƒ­ãƒƒãƒ‘ã§ã®ã€Œãƒ‰ãƒ©ã‚´ãƒ³ã‚¯ã‚¨ã‚¹ãƒˆVIIã€ã®3DS版ã®ç™ºå£²ã®è©±ã¯ã‚ã‚Šã¾ã›ã‚“ã§ã—ãŸã€‚ãã—ã¦ãƒªãƒ¼ã‚¸ãƒ§ãƒ³ã‚³ãƒ¼ãƒ‰ãŒã‚ã‚‹ã®ã§ã€æ—¥æœ¬ã‹ã‚‰ã‚²ãƒ¼ãƒ ã‚½ãƒ•ãƒˆã‚’輸入ã™ã‚‹ã“ã¨ã‚‚ã§ãã¾ã›ã‚“。

最近「ドラゴンクエストã€ã®ãƒ—ロデューサー三宅 有ã•ã‚“ã¨è—¤æœ¬å‰‡ç¾©ã•ã‚“ã®ã€ŒUS Gamerã€ã®ãŸã‚ã®ã‚¤ãƒ³ã‚¿ãƒ“ューを読んã§ã€æ¬§ç±³ã«ã‚²ãƒ¼ãƒ ã‚’発売ã™ã‚‹ã“ã¨ã¯é›£ã—ã„ã¨ã‚ã‹ã‚Šã¾ã—ãŸã€‚

ã—ã‹ã—ã€ã€Œãƒ‰ãƒ©ã‚´ãƒ³ã‚¯ã‚¨ã‚¹ãƒˆVIIã€ã‚’販売ã™ã‚‹ãŸã‚ã€ãƒ­ãƒ ã‚«ã‚»ãƒƒãƒˆã‚’作æˆã—ã¦é€ã‚‹å¿…è¦ã¯ãªãã€ã™ã¹ã¦ã®å›½ã€…ã®è¨€èªžã«é€šè¨³ã™ã‚‹å¿…è¦ã‚‚ã‚ã‚Šã¾ã›ã‚“。ãŸã¨ãˆã°æ ªå¼ä¼šç¤¾ã‚¢ãƒˆãƒ©ã‚¹ãŒã€ŒçœŸãƒ»å¥³ç¥žè»¢ç”ŸIVã€ã‚’ヨーロッパã§ç™ºå£²ã—ãŸæ™‚ã«ã¯ã€ãƒ†ã‚­ã‚¹ãƒˆã®é€šè¨³ã¯è‹±èªžã ã‘ã«ã—ã¦ã€ã€ŒNintendo eShopã€ã ã‘ã§å£²ã‚Šã¾ã—ãŸã€‚ç§ã®ã‚ˆã†ãªãƒ¨ãƒ¼ãƒ­ãƒƒãƒ‘ファンã¯ã€ã‚²ãƒ¼ãƒ ãŒãªã„ã“ã¨ã‚ˆã‚Šã“ã®ã‚ˆã†ãªå½¢ã§ã‚²ãƒ¼ãƒ ã‚’ã™ã‚‹æ–¹ãŒã‚„ã¯ã‚Šè‰¯ã„ã¨æ€ã„ã¾ã™ã€‚æ¯å›½èªžã§ã¯ãªãã¦ã‚‚ã€è‹±èªžã§ã‚²ãƒ¼ãƒ ã§ãã‚‹RPGファンãŒå¤šã„ã§ã™ã€‚ãã—ã¦ï¼’ï¼ï¼ï¼‘å¹´ã«ã€Œãƒ‰ãƒ©ã‚´ãƒ³ã‚¯ã‚¨ã‚¹ãƒˆVIIã€ã®ãƒ—レイステーション販ãŒç™ºå£²ã•ã‚ŒãŸæ™‚ã«ã€ã€ŒDragon Warrior VIIã€ã¨è¨€ã†è‹±èªžãƒ†ã‚­ã‚¹ãƒˆãŒã‚ã‚Šã¾ã—ãŸã®ã§ã€ä»Šå›žã®3DS版ã®ãŸã‚ã«æ–°ã—ã„英語テキストã¯å¿…è¦ãªã„ã¨æ€ã„ã¾ã™ã€‚

今発売ã•ã‚Œã¦ã„るゲームã§ã¯ã€æ¬§ç±³ã®ãŸã‚ã®é€šè¨³ã§æµè¡Œã®ã‚¸ãƒ§ãƒ¼ã‚¯ãŒã‚ã‚Šã€åœŸåœ°ã®ãªã¾ã‚Šã‚‚ã‚ã‚Šã¾ã™ãŒãã‚Œã¯è²»ç”¨ãŒã‹ã‹ã‚‹ã—ã€ã‚¸ãƒ§ãƒ¼ã‚¯ã‚„土地ã®ãªã¾ã‚ŠãŒå«Œã„ãªRPGファンも多ã„ã§ã™ã€‚æ–°ã—ã„通訳ã§ã¯ãªãã¦ã‚‚ã€æ¬§ç±³ãƒ•ã‚¡ãƒ³ã¯ã‚²ãƒ¼ãƒ ã‚’è²·ã„ãŸã„ã¨æ€ã„ã¾ã™ã€‚欧米ファンã¯ã€ã“ã®ç´ æ™´ã‚‰ã—ã„ゲーム「ドラゴンクエストã€ã®ã‚²ãƒ¼ãƒ ãƒ—レーã¨ãƒãƒˆãƒ«ã¨ã‚­ãƒ£ãƒ©ã‚¯ã‚¿ãƒ¼ãŒå¤§å¥½ãã§ã™ã€‚ビデオRPGã®ä¸­ã«æœ‰åãªã€é‡è¦ãªå½¹å‰²ã®ã‚るゲームシリーズã§ã™ã€‚ã‘ã‚Œã©ã€æ¬§ç±³ãƒ•ã‚¡ãƒ³ã¯ã€è‹±èªžãƒ†ã‚­ã‚¹ãƒˆã®å†—談ã«ã¯ã‚²ãƒ¼ãƒ ã‚„ãƒãƒˆãƒ«ã»ã©èˆˆå‘³ãŒã‚ã‚Šã¾ã›ã‚“。

ãã—ã¦æœ¬å½“ã«ã€Œã“ã®ã‚²ãƒ¼ãƒ ã¯å£²ã‚Œãªã„ã‹ã‚‚ã—ã‚Œãªã„ã€ã§ã—ょã†ã‹ï¼Ÿä¸€å¹´å‰ã«åŒã˜ã“ã¨ãŒã‚ã‚Šã¾ã—ãŸã€‚御社ã®ã€Œãƒ–レイブリーデフォルトã€ã¯å½“åˆã¯æ—¥æœ¬ã ã‘ã®ãŸã‚ã§ã—ãŸãŒã€ãƒ‹ãƒ³ãƒ†ãƒ³ãƒ‰ãƒ¼ãŒã‚µãƒãƒ¼ãƒˆã—ã¦ã€ã‚¢ãƒ¡ãƒªã‚«ã¨ãƒ¨ãƒ¼ãƒ­ãƒƒãƒ‘ã§ç™ºå£²ã•ã‚Œã¾ã—ãŸã€‚「ブレイブリーデフォルトã€ã¯æ¬§ç±³ã§æœ‰åã§ã¯ãªãã¦ã‚‚ã€æ–°ã—ã„シリーズã§ã‚‚ã€å¤§å¤‰äººæ°—ã«ãªã£ã¦ã€ä¸€å¹´é–“ã§ï¼‘ï¼ï¼ï¼ï¼Œï¼ï¼ï¼å€‹ãŒé£›ã¶ã‚ˆã†ã«å£²ã‚Œã¾ã—ãŸã€‚ãã®æˆåŠŸã®å¾Œã«ã€å¾¡ç¤¾ã®æ¾ç”°ç¤¾é•·ã¯å…¬é–‹çŠ¶ã‚’作æˆã•ã‚Œã¾ã—ãŸã€‚公開状ã®ä¸­ã§ã€å‰ã‚ˆã‚Šã‚‚欧米ã®ãŸã‚ã«RPGを発売ã™ã‚‹ç´„æŸã•ã‚Œã¾ã—ãŸã€‚ç§ã¯å–œã‚“ã§ã„ã¾ã—ãŸãŒã€å‰ã¨åŒã˜ã‚ˆã†ã«æ¬§ç±³ã®ãƒ•ã‚¡ãƒ³ã¯ç´ æ™´ã‚‰ã—ã„ゲーム「ドラゴンクエストVIIã€ã‚’プレイã™ã‚‹ã“ã¨ã§ãã¾ã›ã‚“。ãã—ã¦ã€Œãƒ‰ãƒ©ã‚´ãƒ³ã‚¯ã‚¨ã‚¹ãƒˆVIIã€ã¯ã€Œãƒ–レイブリーデフォルトã€ã‚ˆã‚Šæœ‰åã§ã€ãƒ•ã‚¡ãƒ³ã®å¥½ããªã‚·ãƒªãƒ¼ã‚ºã§ã™ã€‚

ニンテンドーã¯ã€Œãƒ‰ãƒ©ã‚´ãƒ³ã‚¯ã‚¨ã‚¹ãƒˆXIã€ã¨ã€Œãƒ‰ãƒ©ã‚´ãƒ³ã‚¯ã‚¨ã‚¹ãƒˆIVã€Vã€VIã€ã®3DS版ã®ç™ºå£²ã®æ™‚ã«ã‚µãƒãƒ¼ãƒˆã—ã¦ãã‚Œã¾ã—ãŸãŒã€ã€Œãƒ‰ãƒ©ã‚´ãƒ³ã‚¯ã‚¨ã‚¹ãƒˆVIIã€ã®3DS版もサãƒãƒ¼ãƒˆã—ã¦ä¸‹ã•ã‚‰ãªã„ã§ã—ょã†ã‹ã€‚

欧米ã§å¤šãã®äººãŒã€Œãƒ‰ãƒ©ã‚´ãƒ³ã‚¯ã‚¨ã‚¹ãƒˆVIIã€ã‚’è²·ã„ãŸã„ã§ã™ãŒã€ä»Šã¯è²·ã†ã“ã¨ãŒã§ãã¾ã›ã‚“。多分3DS版ã ã‘ã§ãƒªã‚¹ã‚¯ãŒé«˜ã„ã¨æ€ãˆã°ã€ã€Œãƒ‰ãƒ©ã‚´ãƒ³ã‚¯ã‚¨ã‚¹ãƒˆIVã€Vã€VIã€ã¨ã€Œãƒ‰ãƒ©ã‚´ãƒ³ã‚¯ã‚¨ã‚¹ãƒˆVIIã€ã¯IOSã¨Androidã®ã‚ˆã†ãªãƒãƒ³ãƒ‰ãƒ˜ãƒ«ãƒ‰ãƒ‡ãƒã‚¤ã‚¹ã§ç™ºå£²ã™ã‚‹ã“ã¨ã¯ã§ãã¾ã›ã‚“ã‹ã€‚ã“ã‚Œã§ã‚·ãƒªãƒ¼ã‚ºã¯æ¬§ç±³ã§ä»Šã‚ˆã‚Šäººæ°—ãŒå‡ºã¦ã€çš†ãŒãƒ—レイã—ãŸã„ゲームã«ãªã‚‹ã‹ã‚‚知りã¾ã›ã‚“。

ã“ã“ã«ã€ã€ŒOperation Heroã€ã¨è¨€ã†ã€Œãƒ‰ãƒ©ã‚´ãƒ³ã‚¯ã‚¨ã‚¹ãƒˆVIIã€ã®ï¼“DS版ã¨ã€Œãƒ‰ãƒ©ã‚´ãƒ³ã‚¯ã‚¨ã‚¹ãƒˆIXã€ã®è²©å£²ã«è³›åŒã™ã‚‹å˜†é¡˜æ›¸ãŒã‚ã‚Šã¾ã™ã€‚æ—¢ã«ï¼“7ï¼ï¼äººä»¥ä¸ŠãŒç½²åã—ã¾ã—ãŸã€‚

欧米ファンã®ç‚ºã«ã€ã‚¢ãƒ¡ãƒªã‚«ã¨ãƒ¨ãƒ¼ãƒ­ãƒƒãƒ‘ã§ã‚‚「ドラゴンクエストVIIã€ã®ï¼“DSを販売ã—ã¦ãã ã•ã„。

御社ã®ã‚²ãƒ¼ãƒ ã§ãƒ—レイã™ã‚‹ã®ã‚’楽ã—ã¿ã«ã—ã¦ãŠã‚Šã¾ã™ã€‚

何å’宜ã—ããŠé¡˜ã„ã„ãŸã—ã¾ã™ã€‚

First name – Last name

[WU1]Matsuda

BTW, we're nearing the 5000 signatures now :)

https://www.change.org/p/square-enix-localize-dragon-quest-7-3ds-and-dragon-quest-10-on-wii-u-3ds-pc-to-the-us-and-europe?recruiter=57663137&utm_campaign=mailto_link&utm_medium=email&utm_source=share_petition

• Upvote 1

Very well written.  I had forgotten a few points you mentioned BerNerd, like the open letter from Yosuke Matsuda.

I hope you receive a friendly response!

I have to find time to write another letter.

This time I'll focus in on the twitter campaign here, and the artwork, and fit in DQX.  Later though, too many things on my plate atm.

Hey, Ignasia, where should I mail my letters to? I've tried sending them letters but I'm not sure I'm sending them to the right place.

Japan:

Yosuke Matsuda

Yoyogi, Shibuya-ku

Tokyo 151-8544, Japan

NA:

Phil Rogers  |  Reilly Brennan  |  Emily Shoji  |  Robert Peeler

Square Enix, Inc.
999 N. Sepulveda Blvd., 3rd Floor
El Segundo, CA 90245

EU (the only one I know is Phil Rogers, who is the CEO of NA and EU branches):

Phil Rogers

Wimbledon Bridge House,

1 Hartfield Road,
London SW19 3RU, U.K.

OR (found 2 EU addresses)

Phil Rogers

2nd Floor, Castle House,
37-45 Paul Street,
London EC2A 4LS, U.K.

OR, you could send in an email:

1) Square-Enix NA (individual email accounts such as the CEO are acceptable)
philrogers@square-enix.com  <<-Current CEO
rbrennan@square-enix.com   <<-Current PR Chief, Reilly Brennan
eshoji@square-enix.com   <<-Current PR Manager, Emily Shoji (works for Brennan)
cleardot.gifrpeeler@square-enix.com   <<-Online Community Manager, Robert Peeler...basically the guy who runs their forums
na.support@square-enix.com

2) Square Enix EU (individual email accounts such as the CEO are acceptable)
philrogers@square-enix.com

3) Square Enix JP (individual email accounts such as the CEO are acceptable)
https://form.square-enix.com/a.p/529/   <<-special, investor "inquiry" form, 512 characters, only way I can think of for a direct link to SE Holdings, the parent company
dyang@square-enix.com  <<-Current PR Director

Edited by ignasia7

What is the correct e-mail address to send to?

Sorry, I was going to link to my topic, one forum up.  The sticky.  I somehow failed to.  Anyway I copy-pasted from the sticky to here.

This might be a little late, but what's with the focus on the mobile/3DS versions? Wouldn't a PC release cost even less? All they'd need to do is localize and put up a digital purchase on the US/EU stores, no streaming service needed. Just like with the portable versions, as long as it's up to date, it could connect to the Japanese servers.

This might be a little late, but what's with the focus on the mobile/3DS versions? Wouldn't a PC release cost even less? All they'd need to do is localize and put up a digital purchase on the US/EU stores, no streaming service needed. Just like with the portable versions, as long as it's up to date, it could connect to the Japanese servers.

Erdrick.  We're in a position to ask for a game as released, in its initial release format.  There is no way, no how, no possible potentiality where we can ask and not be laughed out, for a release on a system that isn't a release choice in Japan first.  They're not going to release it on a system here that is not a system chosen for release in Japan.  I'm not saying that's a maybe, or a possible no, I'm saying it's such a long-shot, so implausible, so close to the value of zero, it may as well be a definite, absolute no.

The exception to this is if Japan demanded a PC release.  Then they'd be all over it.

I mean anything can happen, and sure you can make mention of a PC/Steam release, but this would cost a lot of money, as SE would have to hire a new team to tweak the game to work for PC's.  This means tweaking the game code to function for multiple systems.  There's also no precedence for this outside of Dragon Quest X, and none for outside Japan.  The PC/Steam releases of FF7 are...meh.  Steam is far superior in sales to the original PC release, but from a business perspective, FF7 is the capstone of worldwide sales perfection in SE's eyes.  If FF7 does meh, how do you think they'll view a Dragon Quest game?  Especially when they already see Dragon Quest as a failure (doesn't matter how wrong they are in this viewpoint, nor that they're ignoring the circumstances that lead to sales with each release)?

Now for the question on whether it would be cheaper.  You're smarter than this Erdrick.  You should know the answer to this.  On top of the costs of a localization, they would be required to hire new team members, and drag out existing team members who worked on the original game, to then rework the game for PC forms.  You can't just take mobile architecture and just use that as a base for a PC release.  The operating systems and drivers are different, the hardware is different, and the number of varied hardware and drivers to conform to, and test for, would be...well, that's not cheap.  That's a lot of extra cost.  They would need a groundswell of so many people demanding it, they can see potential profit.

So in this instance, sure, you can mention it, but ask this question: do we want to be taken seriously?

We can look at this from a practical perspective of a speculative scenario:

How many people do you think are actually writing emails, or sending letters to SE?  Youtube emails, even facebook emails?  1,000?  Maybe 2,000?  Maybe as many 5,000?  Certainly possible.  I doubt most who have written letters have ever posted to note they did write one (I know this from experience, being part of several groups, from OpRainfall to the two DQVC bouts).  99% of all writers won't say, and I've only seen 8 people (yeah 8), state, since this started, that they had written one or more letters or emails to SE.  Others saying they want to, but they don't believe it will do any good, other saying it's a waste of time.  However it's only 8 responders to the various topics I've made, and I've seen others make, saying they themselves were inspired to write on their own.

Back in the days of DQVC, only 4 people on GameFAQs said they copy-pasted my own letter template that Liamland and shadow helped me develop (they also helped me with a blog post that saw 12 views!).  I have to imagine that more did.  Afterall, it was only after we started getting heavy into it, that it suddenly went back on.  I had about 10 or 12 people who claimed they sent in tickets, and either copy-pasted the template I used, in asking for DQVC, or wrote their own spiel.

This wasn't any less similar for OpRainfall.  For the 50-60k that liked the group on Facebook, and payed some attention, at the time of the first letter/email campaigns, somewhere between 80 and 100 people said they would take part in this, and after it was done, maybe 20~30 people wrote they sent in their letters, and about 5 or so posted the response they received.  I participated, but never wrote that I did.  So did a few others.  Heck, most people won't outright admit they directly participated in one campaign or another.  They just do, and move on with their day.

Wisdom says for every 1 person who says a thing, 1,000 are thinking it.  In practical terms, it's hard to determine how many actually do participate, but I doubt it's been much higher than 1,000 overall, in this current Dragon Quest campaign.

The petition itself is barely past 4,500 signatures.  Though this is a major breakthrough given signatures stood still around 2,700 and 2,800 for awhile.  It's still growing.  Slowly, but it's a indicator of the number of people paying any active participation.

Let's say 4,500 people wrote to SE, all asking for a PC/Steam release in the US and EU.  In practical terms, they can't guarantee every one of those is a sale.  They can't assure or assume that it would be popular in Japan on Steam.  Popular enough to rework the game for Steam.  Plus, if they did one, they would be required to do others.  That's just not anything close to enough people.

So what would be enough?  100,000?  Even 200,000?  I doubt it.  DQV did over 200,000 (some say 180,000, but this number is old and a poor number to use, and it doesn't account for the two reprints, the one after DQVI, and the recent one where GameStop pulled a fast one and "found" a bunch of "used" copies, and is the number NPD had back in 2007...yeah, soon after release, before even the original copies were gone from shelves, and SE never gave them a new number since then).  DQIV did, by some estimates, over 350k, though NPD numbers have it at about 280k...again, an old number not based on reprints and after all excess copy sales.  DQVI sold the most initially, and the only number NPD has is 2 months out, from Nintendo.  Not accounting for sales over time, and constant reprints, since I had seen new copies in stock constantly, and I know there were sales of the game.  Anyway, those numbers are between 240k and 350k.  That was considered a failure as well.

So we have to look at something bigger than 200k.  Some number that would assure SE would feel confident that not only would there be decent initial sales, but the sales would be high enough to put the game at the top of several gaming lists on Steam, so other people are likely to see it first, early, and therefor buy it.  Recall that most consumers are lazy and prefer to check out games that others have purchased...the games at the top of the list.  They won't go digging, and mostly because they just don't care.  SE I'm sure is aware of this.

I'd say maybe 500,000 people writing in, asking for a PC release, would make any budge.  The only way they would consider doing so with any smaller number, maybe even a mere 1,000 people, is if the Japanese public demanded a PC release.  Then all they would require is a localization.  This also assumes they would do a trilateral release of PC/Mobile/3DS, so the localization cost is up-front, cheaper, and all costs are covered in the revenue earned over those three.  They would know, first hand, the 3DS release would have by far the highest sales.  There's also the fact that the 3DS would include a download digital version, as well as a hard copy.

Very long post, I've only skimmed, but it looks like you think I meant DQ7. I meant DQ10, which already has a PC release in Japan. (I'm actually about to start up my copy.) I wouldn't expect SE to port DQ7 to PC just for the US (though that would be awesome).

Very long post, I've only skimmed, but it looks like you think I meant DQ7. I meant DQ10, which already has a PC release in Japan. (I'm actually about to start up my copy.) I wouldn't expect SE to port DQ7 to PC just for the US (though that would be awesome).

Oh, you never specified, and Matt mentioned DQ7 for PC a few months ago.  I thought that's what you were referring to.  LOL.

Yeah, I've been meaning to get around to writing that new letter with both my idea for DQX and krw's idea.  krw wrote a whole spiel about DQX framed as a cheap release on PC only.  Mine was abusing the native Cloud structure, and using the 3DS and mobile.  Honestly they could do both, and it would be cheap, easy, and a great way to release the game with limited cost up front and over time.  Then if they need to expand, just use more server space, or if FF14/11 are taking up too much, and they've plans for other games, get extra servers for DQX, based on the growth and expected growth patterns.  They just built a new server farm prior to FF14, and it's far larger than they need, so they already HAVE the resources to pull this element off.  The costs for bandwidth would be built in initially, and as it grows, the costs for expanding bandwidth would clearly be handled by the income generated with each new player.

Not to mention they could probably expand both FF11 and 14 by cutting down their up-front monthly costs by $4 a month, and offering both special gifts to celebrate this for existing members, and special packages for new members just joining, to make their initial foray a might easier.  Maybe a quest that grants them some bonus cash that's relatively easy to fulfill, or a special mineral that can be created into one of the best early game pieces of equipment.  Just one per player, and one type randomly selected, so nothing sold from the early game is really harmed in the auction houses.  So maybe the random material is for a special helm, or a special armour, glove...whatever.  Just one item only.

Then maybe some work-in where the game masters organize with existing players to craft these pieces for free.  When done they can submit a ticket for a special piece of gear of their own, or some rare mineral that goes towards crafting something they want.  Something simple, not broken, but desired, and gets people into the whole mess of community inclusiveness.

Anyway.  That last bit is probably not going to happen.

I thought the talk of servers and streaming services would be enough to clarify I meant DQX... (My phone doesn't like "DQX" and keeps correcting it to SAX even though I added it to the dictionary, so if you see that somewhere I meant DQX.)

Given Sony and Microsoft are considering and talking about streaming services, just due to lower up-front costs to consumers, for their next systems (yes, already), it's not out of the question that such a consideration could be made for PC gaming (especially given the popularity of Gamefly), and the burgeoning costs of keeping up with current tech, like 4k:

http://www.techradar.com/us/news/gaming/consoles/ps5-release-date-news-and-features-1213409

http://www.forbes.com/sites/johnarcher/2014/09/12/the-ps4-and-xbox-one-are-already-out-of-date/

I'm praying Nintendo isn't stupid enough to follow this path.  I'm hoping both MS and Sony get punished heavily if they attempt it.  I like my physical copies.  I don't want something that can be turned off at a moments notice.  It's one reason I'm never going to get Xboned unless MS comes out with a system that isn't always online (yes it's still always online, and won't let you play anything if it's ever forced offline...try it, you'd have to wait for a hack).

Anyhow, I should've picked up on those two elements and realized you were talking about DQX, but this is part of what my mind has been on.  Nintendo, of the trio, is the only one sitting on a big ass pile of cash, and even when in the RED, are still making profits.  The RED meaning they're making less profit than before, and under their projected profit margins, NOT actual redlining, as in losses.  Yeah, that's right, Nintendo has never actually had a loss, only lower than projected earnings.  Which is still classified as being in the red.

The profits they're sitting on aren't far from the profits that Apple is burning up (though they're starting to make back profit with the last two hardware releases, but they're going to have to start changing policies, or I can see Apple start to burn up cash again, and this time by damaging the only thing they really have going for it...reputation, which since Jobs death, has been plummeting fast).  The only difference is Nintendo is at least consistent with quality.  Apple is not (not since Jobs anyway, they were consistent throughout his life and control of the company).  So Nintendo has a chance to potentially take the bull by the horns and remain as the only true console company, and the only one that provides customers with an authentic videogame experience.  It's not just those two writers talking about that.  I have to find it, but both Sony and MS are hinting that's the direction they'll have to go, since they've actually lost more money than earned on hardware with the PS3/PS4, and XB360/Xbone respectively.  Plus their particular markets cater to people who want the best possible graphics ever.  So to even consider making hardware that can output real 4k, and take actual advantage, means a $3,000 per unit at this point.  In 3-4 years, maybe 1,000 per for a system that takes even partial advantage of Ultra HD.  You know that whatever the market really wants, as a whole, they've positioned themselves into the corner of "best" looking graphics.  Forcing them to view their audience and growth from that perspective.  To Nintendo's credit, that was never their marketing strategy, and I can see a shift back to Nintendo if they continue down the same path, and just become the "gamers gaming system" that is easy to program for (eg. keep the WiiU and 3DS architecture programming formats as a base to build on for future systems, so developers can just get used to that format, and move up from there for future systems).

That said, the point is that I can fully see streaming games becoming a reality for some systems.  We're already seeing digital download becoming a constant in the industry (hate it, I wouldn't participate if I didn't have to, but it doesn't bother me with much older games I actually have physical copies of for the original systems...only new games on current gen is where I'm at odds).

Sorry, total tangent, lol.

I'm starting to get tired of this. I have sent one final email to Square Enix if I don't hear back with in seven days I'm going to send a message to Nintendo one more time.

I'm starting to get tired of this. I have sent one final email to Square Enix if I don't hear back with in seven days I'm going to send a message to Nintendo one more time.

It is tiring begging to get a series in the West for a few years. I have sent out 1 or 2 emails to them. I was in the "complain about no DQ in west" mood tho. I've probably sent Nintendo more stuff about the New standard 3DS not here in the US in the past week. I wanted that thing so bad.

I'm going to work on a new email.  A highly detailed email about DQ and the West.

The email will cover three things:

1) How great I feel about DQH being released, but let's start talking using the momentum started by DQH to reset DQ.

2) How to reset DQ?  DQH is a good start, but it's a door opening, not really building a room.  There are three games present that could help expand the fanbase far and wide in the US and EU, and garner incredible attention: Builders, and most importantly, Dragon Quest for the Stars and Dragon Quest Monsters: Super Light.

3) Let's talk about the mainline and monsters games.

Not done yet...it won't be that long, but I'll try to be thorough and precise in direction.

Everytime I try to start this letter, something happens.  Computer shuts down, stuff is randomly erased.  I get called away for something, and kept away helping out until I'm too exhausted to think...so I'm not sure if I'm going to bother anymore.   Yeah, seriously, all sorts of stuff.  Last time I saved it to my computer, it's gone.  No crashes, no lost data in other written things, except this letter.  So I don't know.

Edited by ignasia7

I doubt that a japanese structured company would follow directions or orders from customers, they probably don't even accept suggestions from employees. However, I think that if enough people sent small, concise emails asking for localizations they could take notice.

Edited by wiregu