Sign in to follow this  
King Zenith

Dragon Quest for the West Contest - Maribel Ad Campaign

DQForTheWest_Logo2.png

Welcome to the second campaign in a series of contests called "Dragon Quest for the West".  The purpose of these contests is to create a social media firestorm with the intention of increasing awareness of the Dragon Quest series and getting the attention of the series' creators and other parties who have the power (but not yet the incentive) to bring these games to the west.

Your mission in this contest is to create an advertisement for Dragon Quest VII, focused on Maribel

mariebelle01.png

Each entrant has to come up with at least one piece of art done in the concept of an advertisement for DQ7 using Maribel.  The sky is the limit, anything you can think of. 

Are you a lousy artist who thinks this contest is not for you?  Well don't run away just yet!  There are plenty of options for you to not only participate in this contest, but also to win!  Instead of a drawing or a beautifully Photoshopped design, you could try doing some cosplay and taking photos.  Or you could even make a video advertisement of sorts.  You could even just partner up with someone and help them out in some way.  Both of you will earn badges!  The winning advertisement will receive a twitter blast and all kinds of glory. 

Enough of the preamble, here are the juicy details:

1) Submit your advertisement to me via private message or directly in this topic if you prefer

2) Submit as many advertisements as you have the time to create, and feel free to work with others

3) You have until Thursday, November 20th 2014 to make your submissions

4) Submissions will be voted on by the community to determine the winner

5) All submissions will be tweeted out during the contest period under the hashtag #QuestToTheWest

6) The winning advertisement will get an especially focused twitter blast

In case you missed the Arus campaign results, you can see the submissions from that campaign here.

• Upvote 1

I'll definitely submit to this one! :D I look forward to seeing others' submissions, too.

• Upvote 1

Yeah, I'll submit something good.

Why Maribel? O_o

I think they might be doing an ad contest for each of the party members, seeing as there was an Arus one before.

I think they might be doing an ad contest for each of the party members, seeing as there was an Arus one before.

He knows that. He wasn't really asking why. He was just asking WHY.

Seriously. Maribel was... eugh. I didn't get too far into DQ7, but... 

Maribel is like a flat-personality Deborah. :| She's one of my least-liked folk in the cast of DQ in general.

Slightly higher than Yangus. (( I kid, Yangus is funny as hell. He's easily my fav in the series under Harry. ))

Prince Harry? Lol.

Maribel is like a flat-chested Deborah. :| She's one of my least-liked folk in the cast of DQ in general.

Fixed that for you.

• Upvote 3

Maribel is like a flat-chested Deborah. :| She's one of my least-liked folk in the cast of DQ in general.

Fixed that for you.

I approve.

I wasn't going to go that far, but meh.

And yeah Erdrick. Harry's awesome.

Going from a spoiled-ass brat who gets your dad killed to your best friend for life and duke/regent/whatever of his own country, ONLY TO GET THE BRAT AGAIN AS A KID AS KARMIC REVENGE?! Yaaay Harry.

He's mah fav. Had a lot of depth.

I suggest Solitaire :D she may be a total BiT*( but man she's still awesome!

I love Maribel. At the beginning, I loved to hate her.

At one third (or one fourth?) I loved the other characters (mainly Kiefer, really) actually telling her to shut up right to her face.

It becomes easier and easier to see through her act as the game progresses, though. She certainly is one of the reasons I love DQ VII (all the main characters, really, they complement each other rather well).

• Upvote 1

I guess I'll start on my Gabo entry now. Maybe I can even have it finished in time.

• Upvote 1

I'll possibly do one for Marvin.

I liked the art of him.

Who is this Marvin you speak of?

Isn't that the name of the old dude in chainmail?

That's Melvin. Honest mistake.  I am wondering how they will localize his name. 

I always laughed at his name, around where I was from "taking a melvin" was slang for taking a dump ;)

ha ha.  How horrible that must have been for anyone actually named Melvin. 

Oh. Melvin. OK.

The first submission has now graced our noble thread:

01_maribel.png

Sign in to follow this