Sign in to follow this  
Ashes

Boss Cards, Boss Fights, Event Bosses

Looks like I need to buy a boomerang...lol.

I also have another 11 God of Fortune coins, if we want quick and easy fukubiki tickets.  ;)

Edited by MKVarana

I have a rather interesting proposal to make, and I'd like to get any feedback on it.

Metal Slime Boss Parties.

- Boss Reward: Lotto ticket x3

- Must have Metal Wing Boomerang and be on a class that can equip them.

- Done through Rendoa, so no perfume needed. ~45 seconds per coin.

Just think about this for a second, and you'll realize how ridiculously amazing it is.

That's a cool idea. It's a shame it only works with classes that are able to use the Metal Wing Boomerang.

I have a rather interesting proposal to make, and I'd like to get any feedback on it.

Metal Slime Boss Parties.

- Boss Reward: Lotto ticket x3

- Must have Metal Wing Boomerang and be on a class that can equip them.

- Done through Rendoa, so no perfume needed. ~45 seconds per coin.

Just think about this for a second, and you'll realize how ridiculously amazing it is.

Ranger was one of the classes I've got that was really lagging behind the rest, and I just happened to be using Boomerangs with it since both Sage and Item Master also get a lot of use out of boomerangs. I'll start stocking up on Metal Slime Boss coins, so just let me know when/if you decide to start running them and I'll probably tag along because it's quite frankly genius.

We may want to consider the slower route of using the regular labyrinth since you cannot meet any labyrinth characters in the Rendoa version. This also happens to be the quickest way to meet them.

Be sure to bring lots of repellent!

You can meet them in the metal labyrinth though!

Should probably mention that I forged myself one of those boomerangs, so I'm ready to go whenever.

So, I'm going on a trip from July 23rd - 26th (to Otakon, if anyone cares).  While I might make an appearance for dailies on my 3DS, I don't expect to be able to run cards that weekend.

As of right now, I have 12 cards, most of which will not last until I get back, so please let me know if you want to join me for them.

For those of you who don't have a regular means of contacting me, I'm connected to the IRC channel (not sure if it shows me connected, but my app seems to be sending me all messages that go there now), so feel free to ping me if I'm not on and you want to run something.

Just an FYI, for the next few Saturdays, I have somewhere to be from about noon EST for an hour or two, so please keep that in mind when we're planning for cards, Crimson, etc.

Majinga (25k) and 4 Lords (35k) coins are rather absurdly cheap in price right now. Is anyone up for some coin parties of those?

Easy win 4 Lords strategy to keep in mind:

Party setup: Dancer (150 Knives, 7 Fans), Battle Master (150 Hammers, 150 1h Swords also recommended), Minstrel (150 Knives, 7 Fans), Priest (150 Wands, 150 Spears/Staffs also recommended)

Recommended equips:

- Dancer/Minstrel: Lightning Dagger

- Battle Master: Lightning Sword if using 1h Swords

- Priest: Apocalypse if using Staffs

- 100% Paralyse guard (for Jigospark, optional)

Recommended cooking:

- Any star Storm Tart (for Jigospark)

Strategy for each class:

Dancer:

- Mostly the same as any normal setup.

- First put Akbah to sleep with Sleep Dagger

- Seal Dance Akbah until his spells are sealed.

- Assist with defeating Jamiras

- Assist with defeating Gracos, Akbah will wake up around this time so put him back to sleep with sleep dagger.

- Assist with defeating Akbah, reapplying seal dance beforehand. Akbah is immune to poison, so you can't use the usual Viper/Thanatos combo.

- Blind Duran with the 7 SP fan skill.

- Defeat Duran.

Battle Master (if you have points in Swords start off with swords. Lightning Sword Falcon Slashes are extremely powerful here):

- Defeat Jamiras

- Defeat Gracos

- (Switch to Hammers if you are using swords at this point)

- MP Break Duran until his MP is gone. He has 999 MP, and you'll be able to do about 200 damage to his MP each turn. MP Break does no damage to HP, so using it will not cause Duran to move early.

- (Switch back to swords if you have them)

- Assist with defeating Akbah.

- Defeat Duran.

Minstrel

- Lead off with the 150 Minstrel skill.

- Assist with defeating Jamiras, make sure to roar when his HP is about to hit half. This will knock him down and prevent any one shot kills that happen fairly often after he becomes infuriated.

- Assist with defeating Gracos. Hit him with Chaos Edge to see if you can paralyze him, if it doesn't happen, viper fang him to poison him. 

- Assist with defeating Akbah, I suggest spamming sleep dagger so the dancer can spam hypnosis hunt.

- When Akbah is down, use God Juggling on Duran to lower his attack, followed up by using Sap to lower his defense.

- Defeat Duran.

Priest

- Normal tactics. If you are using a weapon, you can switch to it when Akbah is low on HP and help contribute to the damage. Duran doesn't resist ice so Staffs are fine. Jigospark from Spears lowers lightning resistance to easily help your party overpower Duran even quicker.

This strategy is a slight variation on the usual setup (2 Dancer, Minstrel, Priest) that sacrifices a tiny bit of speed in order to basically neuter the entire fight:

- Akbah is shut down by Dancer as per usual. He may seem like a pushover, but if you don't seal his spells he can be a massive pain in the rear. Fullhealing himself when angry, reviving other bosses with Kazing, Oomph, and of course he possesses a 9999 Magic Burst. Mage can seal and sleep him too, but Dancer is far better at defeating the other bosses in this battle.

- Duran is rather utterly defeated by a combination of Hammers, being blinded, and having his attack lowered. The only thing he would have left is Jigospark and that's what the paralyze guard, and storm tarts are for. No Duran, you don't get to do anything except be a punching bag! Got it?

- Jamiras and Gracos while slightly dangerous, are easy enough for any class to deal with.

edit: Tiny little update based on the fact that sleep only lasts about 30 seconds and spell seal lasts for a minute. Some mishaps can happen if the dancer doesn't seal Akbah early on.

Edited by krw703

I'd make a good Minstrel in the fight.  I don't have a lot of gold on me but I can probably get around 2 coins or so.

Wow....I have nothing for that new 4 Lords strategy....  I have a Battlemaster, but no SP in Hammer, and a Priest, but no SP in Staff or Spear...

Edited by MKVarana

FYI, this Saturday is the last of those Saturdays where I have that mid-day commitment (and it'll be an hour earlier this time), though I will have something in the evening of the following Saturday.

Edited by MKVarana

A fairly obvious, but noticeably effective strategy for Strong Hydra is the following party setup:

Warrior, Ranger, Item Master, Priest

- Warrior has attack and damage debuffs to reduce the damage Hydra does. Charge Tackle for hairy situations.

- Ranger has a party-wide breath nullifier buff and blind skills to make many of Hydra's strongest attacks do nothing. Axes are a very strong source of damage. Access to Zing as well.

- Item Master gives Hydra the middle finger as they steal the damage circles Hydra places with Trap Jammer. Also can place down a shield circle to reduce the damage the party receives, and remove Hydra's Break Breath if it manages to get through with Plasma Mover. Plus that recent-ish addition of learning Oomph turns Item Master into a complete wrecking machine for Strong Hydra. This doesn't even include any weapons! Hammers for stun shot, Boomerangs for breaker, Spears/Bows for decent burst damage. Item Master you crazy!

- Priest is just priest doing priesty things. May want spears for extra damage as most of Hydra's abilities won't do anything.

You'll still want breath and dance guard as safeguards, but this setup makes a boss that you'll most likely be working on 2 versions of their accessory (19HP belt or 27 weight belt) very easy to prepare for. Just watch out for Vicious Roar, he's a potential spammer and it's the same version you hate from the oh-so-adorable loveable boss of pyramid 8 known as Nibis. 

(Feel free to move this post if it is in the wrong thread.)

I know that you can't sell cards in the bazaar, but can you mail them? If so, I wouldn't mind giving my cards away to anyone who would actually use them. I have been focusing on the main story, so my cards keep expiring.

If there is a card that you want, let me know how to send it to your character. Here is what I have:

- プãƒã‚¢ãƒˆãƒ©ã‚¹ã‚«ãƒ¼ãƒ‰

- ãƒã‚ºã‚ºå¼·ã‚«ãƒ¼ãƒ‰

- 悪霊ã®ç¥žã€…カード

- ドラゴンガイアカード

- ãƒãƒ©ãƒ¢ã‚¹ã‚«ãƒ¼ãƒ‰

- グラコスカード

- ä¼èª¬ã®ä¸‰æ‚ªé­”カード

- キラーマジンガカード

- 幻界ã®å››è«¸ä¾¯ã‚«ãƒ¼ãƒ‰

Edited by Elessar

You cannot send cards. However, you can do them with people.