Sign in to follow this  
King Zenith

Contest #121 - Become a DQ2 Lightspeed Champion

DQ2_Icon.png

Dragon Quest 2 - Luminaries of the Legendary Line has now been released on iOS and Android devices.  Hours of joy and happiness await you in your humble app store.  If you are awesome, then you have already purchased this game by now.  If not, hang your head in shame, but only for a moment!  Now pick it back up and dash off to purchase this game, because only a few of you have what it takes to be a Light-Speed Champion!

Lightspeed_Champion.png

This contest is here to reward people for beating the game, and doing it quickly.  If you want to become part of an elite squad of Light-Speed Champions, you must be one of the first 10 people to reach the ending credit sequence in Dragon Quest II Mobile, and submit evidence of your feat here at the Den.

Rules:

1) Only the first 10 people to reach the ending credit sequence on their mobile version of DQ2 will achieve this prestigious accolade
2) Your evidence can be a picture or video of the ending credit sequence on your mobile device, with Den user name on a piece of paper next to it
3) Alternative forms of evidence may be considered, but they must convince me that YOU were the one to achieve this task.  In-game screenshot alone may not suffice, unless you can show the main character's name, and it matches your Dragon's Den username
4) You can submit your evidence in this topic or via private message if you prefer
5) This contest will remain open until 10 winners have been identified or until the contest time limit has been reached
6) If 10 winners have not yet been identified within 4 weeks of this contest being posted, the contest will be closed and the winners will be named at that time

If you are having a hard time figuring out how to provide your evidence, just post a message in here and we can help you out. 

"Get thee a silver key credit sequence posthaste!"

I'm going to trust this bevy of screenshots will suffice. Let me know if it doesn't. I didn't have any other picture taking means with me and I don't really feel like having to beat Malroth again until I max out my levels.

dq2ls-1.pngdq2ls-2.pngdq2ls-3.pngdq2ls-4.pngdq2ls-5.pngdq2ls-6.pngdq2ls-7.pngdq2ls-8.pngdq2ls-9.pngdq2ls-A.pngdq2ls-B.pngdq2ls-C.png

Woo! Nicely done.  Our first Lightspeed champion.  You certainly made short work of this game, in spite of the challenges (technical and actual in-game challenges included).  

Congratulations.

I never actually finished the GBC version (or played the SFC version), though I did get to more or less the end, so I didn't have a good litmus test for how the end fights would be.  Was surprised at how resilient Malroth was in this one (compared to the NES). I thought I was a little over-leveled for the end, but he kept me on my toes.

Edited by The Mystical One

Good to hear the game has retained some of it's original challenge.

d8131b2e9b0e0ec4db740a10071294ba.jpg

Malroth... So hard... Hargon is so easy then Malroth mopped the floor with me had to grind 4 levels

Awesome! Nicely done.  Good to hear you were able to pull it off.

Malroth... So hard... Hargon is so easy then Malroth mopped the floor with me had to grind 4 levels

Glad I didn't try him at 34 then, like I was going to (I spent some time trying to get a drop off Tyrannodactyls and ended up at 38.. then gained two levels on the way to Malroth).  It really was a breeze through the three pre-bosses and Hargon, wasn't it?  There were around 8 turns that I was sure Malroth was a hit or two away from death and.. he... just... kept.. going.  Thank goodness for Power Shields, Kabuff, and Kasap.

I only had the one power shield, and pre-Hargon bosses were a joke, even at level 30.

Ah, I bought one for hero and princess to hold with the extra gold I got from trying to get a hat and failing to do so.  I rarely used it with anyone other than the prince.

Do you guys know if you can still beat the three pre-Hargon bosses, then run back to the shrine to rest up, and then return to face Hargon without having to fight those bosses again?

Hope that made sense.  Sounds a little weird when I read it back.

No idea I went straight through but they weren't there after ivdied

I beat them so easily that I just kept going.  My expectation is that you should be able to go back heal & save and they'll stay dead as I think the GBC and SFC ones were like that from what I've heard.

I know in the NES one, they stay dead so long as you do not reset or otherwise turn off the power.

I just finished! Huzzah. I wasted all the Internet watching anime though so now I can't post pictures :( (Note: I'm not the only one who consumes the Internet) I think it gets topped up in a few days. I'm worried I'm gonna miss out though.

Woohoo! Staying up til 3:30 in the morning paid off! I think I'll earn another lightspeed badge. :D

(The phone's kinda blurry, but I hope it counts.)

post-4549-0-62266000-1413047861_thumb.jpg

Did anybody else think Malroth was spamming his violent fiery breath attack? :( I missed having two Water Flying Cloths. Maybe I shoulda bought a Mink Coat.

No wifi?

I've just used it all up. That basically means the Internet is really slow. It takes 2 hours to watch a 20 minute episode in super slow quality. Also, if you leave Hargon's castle and have killed all the bosses they will stay dead.

Ah. Oh, and good to know about bosses.

Maybe I shoulda bought a Mink Coat.

Virtual fur kills.

He didn't use it too often on me. Certainly never back to back.  I don't think I even had to Kazing during the fight, thought at one point, almost everyone dipped into the yellow.

i am currently playing... I haven't played DQ II in ages

He didn't use it too often on me. Certainly never back to back.  I don't think I even had to Kazing during the fight, thought at one point, almost everyone dipped into the yellow.

He totally spammed it on me. Sometimes even one round after the other. Each one of my characters died at some point during the fight. One at a time, thank God. I don't know if I would've survived if two had died at once. I'm so glad Cannock knows Kazing in this version. Can't remember if he learned it in the GBC version.

Oh, did anyone else find a Mad Cap (magic hat) in one of the chests in the Rendarak Cave? I wasn't sure if it was a random find that's usually gold, or if it's a permanent find. I was very happy to find it, but I was even happier to get one to drop from a Tyrannodactyl. :D

i am currently playing... I haven't played DQ II in ages

Me neither. Some things seem familiar, most seems brand new.

Never submitted for badges before, even when eligable. Randomly decided I'm going for this one.

Screenshot_2014-10-12-02-25-36_zps05a44c

Screenshot_2014-10-12-02-32-42_zpse1c06e

Screenshot_2014-10-12-02-33-07_zps2a2fab

Screenshot_2014-10-12-02-33-31_zpsa1932b

Screenshot_2014-10-12-02-34-30_zps449289

Screenshot_2014-10-12-02-36-26_zpsec773e

He used it 2 turns in a row sap then fire breath them kabuff. He spammed fire breath on me

He totally spammed it on me. Sometimes even one round after the other. Each one of my characters died at some point during the fight. One at a time, thank God. I don't know if I would've survived if two had died at once. I'm so glad Cannock knows Kazing in this version. Can't remember if he learned it in the GBC version.

Oh, did anyone else find a Mad Cap (magic hat) in one of the chests in the Rendarak Cave? I wasn't sure if it was a random find that's usually gold, or if it's a permanent find. I was very happy to find it, but I was even happier to get one to drop from a Tyrannodactyl. :D

Only Cannock knows Revive in the NES version.

Yes. I like the channge that added mad cap to the cave. :)

Sign in to follow this