Sign in to follow this  
King Zenith

Contest #120 - Purchase Dragon Quest II Mobile and Show Proof

DQ2_Mobile_Title.png

Greetings adventurer!  Surely thou hast heard tidings of Hargon's evil plans to lay waste to the world and raze the kingdoms one by one.  Only you can stop him.  You will be far more effective at doing so, if you first purchase this fine gem of a mobile game. 

Purchase Dragon Quest II for your Android or iOS device, and a badge shall be bestowed upon thee as mark of thy bravery.

Proof of purchase is required:

Show proof by:
1) Showing an image of your app purchase history with Dragon Quest 2 in there
2) Taking a picture of your mobile device with Dragon Quest 2 loaded, and your Dragon's Den Username somewhere in the image as well (see below for additional requirement for this option)
3) Starting a new game file with your D-Den username as the character name, and taking a screenshot in-game somewhere that shows your name

Your proof of purchase can be posted right here in this thread if you like, or you can PM me if you would rather.

If ye should encounter a troublesome detail in your quest for the badge, just post a message in here and help shalt be offered unto thee.  Also, if you go for option 2 above, you will need to ask me first to provide you with an in-game scenario for where the picture should be taken.  This will help safeguard against people just finding a screenshot of the game online and showing that picture on their phone as "proof".   For example, I might ask you to have your character engage in a battle with a Maulusc before you take the picture. 

Now, go forth and may the winds of battle blow e'er in your favour!

dq2-1.pngdq2-2.png

Actual in-game name is simply, "Matt" But figured I'd get my username sorta in there.

Awesome.  Thanks!

Might as well get mine in here before I forget:

DQ2_Proof.png

I doubt "Erdrick" would suffice... So I'll try to remember to take a pic next to my YouTube page tonight. (I love showing off my channel art.)

Here is mine252f91cd2263d204b91ca302178b5926.jpg

So since there's supposed to be 8 games, maybe instea of 8 different badges, give out one big badge by the end that will counted by how many of all the games an individual bought. Like, you bought 5 games you get a badge with a 5 on it.

I don't know. I'm just throwing out ideas. It would just seem messy alongside other badges having eight badges for buying games.

Heres mine I couldn't fit my name

Y24uhJQ.png

vPgxN2E.png

How much does the game cost? Same as DQ1?

Edit: Nevermind, found out the price! 5 bucks is pretty cheap, so I'll purchase it as soon as I can.

Edited by YangustheLegendaryBandit

One of my favorites in the series. Though it may take me some time to re-adjust to the location names, etc (got far too accustomed to the GBC localization). My screenshot is below.

Screenshot_2014-10-09-16-59-47_zps68bb5c

Here's mine.

LOL I'm a noob at screencaps.  ;P

post-7047-0-31878500-1412892924_thumb.png

Edited by ryangroovy

Hey Ryangroovy, what's with the font used in your screen capture?  Looks very different from the in-game font

Here is mine:

(also, still waiting on awards for buying DQ1, 4 and 8 ... Submitted proof screenshot quite a while ago.)

post-5390-0-22528900-1412950408_thumb.png

Edited by incognito

I used the "Cool Jazz" font type.  if I need to, I can switch it back to default.

It should be fine I think.  I just didn't know that was something that could be changed.  I didn't see it in the settings options.  Or is it a setting on your mobile device, outside of the app?

It should be fine I think.  I just didn't know that was something that could be changed.  I didn't see it in the settings options.  Or is it a setting on your mobile device, outside of the app?

It's something you can do on androids. It was done outside of the app, yes. The font can be changed in the settings

Cool, then we're good here.  Thanks ryangroovy, and thanks for the explanation Semolous!

Lower quality because I snapped this photo with my iPad 2.  Also, did DQI's mobile contest conclude yet?  I never got my DQI badge.

dqii_proof.jpg

App purchase contests don't end. They just wait and give out badges in batches from time to time.

I hope the pic from the light speed challenge counts as the purchase, I mean I know I'm awesome but I don't think I could beat it without actually having it XD

• Upvote 1

Just post it both places and it should be fine ;)

Or link to the lightspeed post... or just say, "Hey my proof is in the lightspeed thread."

Edited by The Mystical One

This good? It upload? If not please help.

post-76694-24484_thumb.jpg

Well, you got the picture to upload but it probably won't be enough proof. I screenshot of your character's name as your username in-game I'm sure would be plenty.