Sign in to follow this  
King Zenith

Dragon Quest 2 Mobile - Luminaries of the Legendary Line

Also, I recall hints in the original NES release about Hargon trying to summon something or revive a dark demon, but I haven't played it in a while.  I remember not being totally surprised by it.

Magidracky ->Drackmage

That's weird. It should still be dracolyte.

Metal Slime is the same

Ghost Rat -> Dirty Rat

Enchanter -> Shaman

Medusa Ball -> Madusa

Carnivog -> Chewlip (hehehehehe, this makes me giggle)

Mud Man -> Mud Mannequin

Gremlin

Hawk Man

Sea Slug -> Merlusc

I can't seem to get into a battle on the sea without having the game crash. :/

Edited by The Mystical One

So it crashed infrequently at first, usually in Moonahan (Hamlin) when doing Tombola (Lottery) or buying/selling.  Seems to be crashing a lot at sea or in towns, especially when buying/selling.  But now it just crashed while walking around in Tantegal.  Blaarghlearghe.

I am bombarding SE with crash reports.

Magidracky ->Drackmage

That's weird. It should still be dracolyte.

I asked AerynB about this, and she had this to say:

Drackmage has been the green Magidrakee since DQ8. The Red Magidrakee from DQ1 is a completely different monster and hasn't been in any other DQ games besides DQ Swords, where it had no name since non-boss monsters went unnamed in that game. DQ1-mobile is its first appearance in this localization generation (the one that started with DQ8). 

I guess that clears that up.

Just curious what Iphone/Ipad version are you guys playing thr game?? I just got my full party members last night and I have an Iphone 4S. Hope it doesn't crash like crazy soon :s :(

First Generation Moto X/Kit Kat 4.4.4 here.

I had a few crashes prior to getting all the party members, but then it played nicely until I got the ship.  After that, it's pretty really rough.  Charlock would have been completely unplayable if it wasn't for auto saves.

Do they playtest these at all?

It's possible I have some combination of <things> on my phone that is reacting poorly to this game, I guess.  Maybe I'm the rare, unique snowflake.  Either way, it's seriously frustrating me as things were super smooth up until Moonahan.

Oh right, don't forget about equipment names.  There are a few pieces of gear specific to DW2 that never made it past that game.  Same with DW3.  Like the Light Sword.  I also wonder if they're going with Falcon Sword or Falcon Blade, since there is that discrepancy with a few of the releases since DQ8.

What about Magic names?  Would it be Sizz/Sizzle, Woosh, and Bang/Kaboom

I power cycled my phone and the game seems to be non-crashy now.  Maybe there was some strange memory leak? Not sure why it'd survive a force close and restart though...

Sizz/Sizzle, Woosh so far.

Clothes Hiding -> Cloak of Evasion

Iron Spear -> Iron Lance

Gaia Armor -> Teutonic Plate, I think.. I'll have to recheck.

Magic Knife -> Divine Dagger

The Crests are Sigils now.  So far:

Soul Sigil (Was Life Crest)

Moon Sigil

and.. Sun Sigil (Fire Crest, I think?)

Hamlin -> Moonahan

Lianport -> Rippleport

I think Osterfair got renamed, but I didn't pay attention.

Let's see, new monsters since last time...

Man o' War stayed the same

Mummy Man -> Mummy Boy

Saber Tiger -> Sabrecat

Dragon Fly -> Dragonfly

Gorgon -> Goregon

Demighost -> Sekerleton (I was especting Mean Spirit, but maybe I have it confused with a similar orange ghost from DQIX)

Saver Lion -> Striking Sabrecat

Gas -> Miasma

Magic Baboon -> Big Badboon

Sorcerer -> Sorceror

Evil Tree -> Treevil

I probably missed Titan Tree somewhere, so I don't know what that's localized to, but I'd expect it to be the same as in DQIX

Found a weird bug, game crashes if you go to the inn at Rippleport.

Edit:fixed after closing some apps... strange

Edited by jamiras843

Hrm.  started crashing on me on the overworld again. Sign. (Near Osterfair, grinding levelses). At least it autosaved afted one of my recent battles, so I didn't lose too much progress.

Okay,

Wellgarth -> Burrowell (haha)

Osterfair -> Dirkandor

Rhone -> Rendarak

Giant Hammer -> Sledgehammer

Dragon Killer -> Dragonsbane

Light Sword -> Aurora Blade

Mink Coat -> Mink Mantle

Shield of Strength -> Power Shield

Watergate Key -> Floodgate Key

Dew's yarn -> Celestial Skein

Leaf of the World Tree -> Yggdrasil Leaf

Ozwarg -> Grimlin

Eh, still have two towers and two caves to do before the end (and the final dungeon).  Not that far, really.

Eh, still have two towers and two caves to do before the end (and the final dungeon). Not that far, really.

Thats pretty good, since the game only came out yesterday :o. I'll probably be playing this 24-7 all weeekb and have it finished by Monday. Sucks when you know where all items are :(. But at least level grinding isn't a chore compared to other versions of the game on NES.

Eh, still have two towers and two caves to do before the end (and the final dungeon). Not that far, really.

Thats pretty good, since the game only came out yesterday :o. I'll probably be playing this 24-7 all weeekb and have it finished by Monday. Sucks when you know where all items are :(. But at least level grinding isn't a chore compared to other versions of the game on NES.

Ah, but do you know where all the hidden Seeds are in DQ2?  Since no seeds drop from enemies in the SFC remake, it's unlikely the mobile would change that element.  So the seeds present are hidden in various locations.  I wonder if they're the same, and if perhaps there aren't more.

I think more, I know there was more money in Dragon Lord's castle where the map was. 

So not really a spoiler but... That guy, on the lighthouse.

haha_zps0c0e1c05.png

So far, all the seeds are where I expected them to be.

Can anyone confirm if the bug or trick where you can get two Water-Flying Clothes still exists in this version?

well that is pretty Sad, but DQ 2 I might buy, it will probably a game suitable to  smartphone, different than DQ VIII and DQ IV.

Well, I will play FF IV, VII, VIII or XIII on pc while I wait... or maybe replay DQ V or DQ IX for DS. 

No water-flying clothes bug.  Nor Staff of Thunder (Lightning Staff) bug.

About to head to the cave to Rhone Rendarak.

Figured out my crashing bug: I had no cell reception, and when the phone would re-seek cell service, it'll screw up the game.  No crashes since I got home.

well that is pretty Sad, but DQ 2 I might buy, it will probably a game suitable to  smartphone, different than DQ VIII and DQ IV.

Well, I will play FF IV, VII, VIII or XIII on pc while I wait... or maybe replay DQ V or DQ IX for DS. 

Did you play the port of DQIV? Fits smartphones pretty damn well.

Still very crashy on my iPhone 5 on iOS 8.0.0.

Sign in to follow this