Super Smash Bros. for 3DS/Wii U thread

;) Either way, this gives me another reason to get a wii/Wii U at some point in the future, hopefully this will see Earthbound (SNES) and Mother 3 (or Earthbound 2) see a virtual console release, if they haven't already. 

Earthbound Beginnings and Earthbound are only on Wii U. Not Wii.

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You keep mentioning DLC but you have no evidence of this nor do you explain it.

No, it's the same as the Earthbound Zero ROM. The only difference is that Nintendo has finally released it after 20 something years.

Funny, I just unlocked the Santa Hat in the 3DS version right as Christmas is a-coming.

I'm amazed that after a year's time, both versions of this game are still so much fun and are just as addictive as the first day I booted them up. I've been a life long fan of Smash since the N64 days, but I haven't had this much fun with a Smash game (or sunk as much time into) since Melee.

I have well over 200 hours in both versions, probably 450 when combined, and if I had to say which I prefer it would have to be the 3DS version only because of the stage selection. And having it on the go is nice too, of course.

Edited by YangustheLegendaryBandit

Funny, I just unlocked the Santa Hat in the 3DS version right as Christmas is a-coming.

• Upvote 1
  • 2 weeks later...

So I was playing this the other day. I'm trying to like it more, but I don't know.

Anyway, the stage select was on random and it went to the Miiverse stage. Every post in the background was "HAN SOLO DIES."

tumblr_inline_npjly8rXWS1qf0esf_250.jpg

• Upvote 1

The Miiverse stage/posts can be pretty hilarious. Back when Cloud was released I played on the stage a few times and not once did I see a positive/supportive post.

Honestly the Miiverse stage can be some of the most fun you'll have in Smash when stuff like what you said happens, Dwaine.

I'm playing Yoshi's Woolly World right now (which is wonderful) and it shows Miiverse posts while the level is loading. Sometimes I get stuff that says "I'm a BUTT!"

Oh yeah, when it didn't say "HAN SOLO DIES" there was a gas station bathroom quality dick drawing.

• 4 weeks later...

The last batch of DLC is hitting the eshop on February 3rd! Corrin and Bayonetta will be here at last, along with the last collection of Mii costumes.

Looking forward to Bayonetta the most, though Corrin does look interesting too.

I'm looking forward to Bayonetta a lot. Not so much Corrin, which is ironic because I'm really anticipating his game. I just find his default look a little boring.

His neutral pose looks odd to me. Gameplay wise he should be fun. Guess I'll find out on Wednesday which of the two I prefer.

By the way, what do you make of this supposed rumor of Smash on the NX, eal?

I'm glad some people aren't just dismissing him as another sword character just because he has a sword. His dragon transformation makes him entirely different from the standard swordsman.

Of all the goofy, nonsensical rumors, it's probably the most realistic. Do people think it's a new Smash game? It's most likely just gonna be Smash 4 with all the DLC thrown in and improved graphics. 

I've seen the belief of the rumor about 50/50. I figure it's just going to be an enhanced version of the Wii U game with all the DLC like you said, maybe with some of the 3DS stages thrown in.

Though I'll be curious if they throw in any other new stages or characters (be they veterans or entirely new faces) as an incentive to get the game if the rumor is true.

Doubt it. They've stuffed it enough, and short of Wonder Red, they're pretty tapped out of characters. Most "Game of the Year" Editions are pretty much just the DLC all thrown in.

• 1 month later...

Looks like Smash was updated to version 1.1.5. Haven't read all the notes, but major character changes include Cloud, Kirby, and Samus.

• 2 months later...

Don't know if it matters to anyone, but patch 1.1.6 is completely soon to Smash. No confirmation when it will hit, but predictions are all over the place on what will happen. The popular opinion seems to be that Bayonetta will get hit with the nerf stick, as will Cloud.

http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2016/may/17/another-super-smash-bros-4-patch-inbound-116-expected-drop-month-and-bring-balance-changes/

"Give her the stick, DON'T GIVE HER THE STICK!"

Yep, Bayonetta got all them nerfs. If this data is accurate, she lost her 0% to death combos.

http://www.siliconera.com/2016/05/19/appears-bayonetta-will-get-whipped-nerfs-smash-bros-version-1-1-6-update/

• 2 weeks later...

We've been playing Smash at college a lot, it should start up in the commons again in the fall.

I mostly play Zero Suit Samus and Dark Pit.

We mostly play with no items, but sometimes we turn on Tanooki Suits, Bunny Ears, Flame Swords, and a few others.

I had one match that was Poke Balls only. It ended between me and one other person, and we each picked up a Poke Ball. His was a Goldeen, and mine was a Kyogre :D

• 3 weeks later...

Since I can't find the motivation to play an RPG right now, I've ended up playing a lot of Smash the last few days. I still prefer the 3Ds version, but breaking out the Wii U version is nice to train my amiibos and for something different. I prefer the 3DS version because I find the stage selection a lot more enjoyable compared to the Wii U version.

I don't mind the 3DS control scheme (again it's a situation where I was surprised just how many people don't like it) though I did switch my grab button to the Y button.

I don't dislike it, but I have cruddy hands, and they cramp up after a while of playing a high intensity game like that. Controllers are way nicer to my hands, haha. If it's an RPG or something low intensity, it's fine.

Theatrhythm has hurt me enough times, but I keep coming back.

Edited by Bururian

I don't dislike it, but I have cruddy hands, and they cramp up after a while of playing a high intensity game like that. Controllers are way nicer to my hands, haha. If it's an RPG or something low intensity, it's fine.

Theatrhythm has hurt me enough times, but I keep coming back.

My hands cramp up if I play the 3DS version too often. If I stop for a few days then it isn't a problem.

It wasn't as bad as when I was really into monster hunter 4 ultimate. Played that a little too much consecutively and for several days my hands felt awful.