Super Smash Bros. for 3DS/Wii U thread

Meh, could go without another FE character. But Bayonetta? Hell yeah, man, so excited about that.

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You keep mentioning DLC but you have no evidence of this nor do you explain it.

No, it's the same as the Earthbound Zero ROM. The only difference is that Nintendo has finally released it after 20 something years.

Funny, I just unlocked the Santa Hat in the 3DS version right as Christmas is a-coming.

I'm stoked for the Geno costume. I already have a Geno Mii I use to fight against friends, so now I can actually dress him up as himself. It's the only Mii costume I'll be buying, cause it's freaking Geno.

It's so fascinating how many characters have been pulled from Fire Emblem. They're almost all main characters too, thus they're all also swordsmen. The unit cast are pretty interesting and unique in their designs too. In Awakening alone you have Panne, a Taguel who can turn into a great beastial monster that resembles a rabbit. They're fast, fight in their beast forms, and have a unique design. I can think of about a dozen different attacks for her.

It's so fascinating how many characters have been pulled from Fire Emblem. They're almost all main characters too, thus they're all also swordsmen. The unit cast are pretty interesting and unique in their designs too. In Awakening alone you have Panne, a Taguel who can turn into a great beastial monster that resembles a rabbit. They're fast, fight in their beast forms, and have a unique design. I can think of about a dozen different attacks for her.

No, you want swords. We know this. You do not.

I just figure they're adding in all these FE characters to make up for there only being 2 in the last two smash games.

Though if they wanted to add more FE characters, why not pull in someone from a past game, hell why not one of the villains from the past? We need more villains in Smash anyway.

Also, I thought that Corrin's armor looked like something of a weird mix between Gundam and human, or better yet like a certain someone from Xenoblade Chronicles.

Edited by YangustheLegendaryBandit

Cloud is now up for download for those interested in him. I opted for the update bundle for once, so now I have that cool little chocobo hat, the Geno costume, and Cloud + Midgar for both my Wii U and 3DS versions.

Oddly Midgar only has two songs use can listen to/choose from. Surprised they didn't opt to include songs or at least battle themes from Nintendo FF games (aka 1 through 6). Heck not even One Winged Angel is present, but we do get that sweet battle and boss theme for the stage.

Because adding a new character from the new game coming out is the perfect marketing for said new game.

True I suppose; they did the same with the inclusion of the Magicant stage since Earthbound Beginnings became available for the eshop, though I guess that one was more a case of foreshadowing. Edited by YangustheLegendaryBandit

But Fire Emblem: Fates came out in June. Corrin is expected to come almost 8 months after his game came out. So that can't be it. If anything, SMTxFE is closer in terms of release date. Pull a character from that.

That being said, Fire Emblem's shared history with Smash is legendary for being what brought Fire Emblem games to the States in the first place. The original Melee roster of FE characters was America's first encounter with the series and they wanted really badly to play their games.

In Fates, you pick between joining the Hoshido royal family or stay with the Nohr royal family that raised you. Hoshido is obviously very Asian influenced while Nohr takes from a more European aesthetic. Naturally, Nohr is a nation ruled by conquering a-holes because why would the Asians be douchebags for once, right Japan? Anyways, I imagine that's where his armor design comes from. They should have gone with one of the Hoshido characters since their armor is a bit more unique and interesting to look at than the default medieval Europe look. It's gotten old. 

And the last thing we need Yangus is more One-Winged Angel....

Edited by eal

Actually a character from FE# Whatever would've been a good idea. Now that would've been some promotion for an upcoming title.

Plus it might've opened the door for Jack Frost...

Only reason I bring up that song is because it is so recognized, so it's off that it's absent, especially since, you know, the stage only has 2 songs. For shoots and giggles they should've thrown in the Chocobo theme and Beware the Forests Mushrooms for Midgar if you happen to buy the Square Enix costume DLC. Or at the least just give us Beware the Forest Mushrooms for the Mario stages.

Please... :/

Alright, after a few hours with Cloud I can say I'm glad they added him in. He's a lot of fun to use, is surprisingly fast, and he's certainly the strong one. I also like the extra touch that when you win with him the victory tune becomes FF7's rendition of the victory fanfare.

;) "Earthbound Beginings?" That sounds like a name to be used for a proper localization of Mother/Earthbound Zero for the NES (Albeit remade and using Earthbound/Mother 3's graphics maybe)

;) "Earthbound Beginings?" That sounds like a name to be used for a proper localization of Mother/Earthbound Zero for the NES (Albeit remade and using Earthbound/Mother 3's graphics maybe)

I'm starting to think you've actually been living under a rock.

;) No, more like distracted with other things, I've not really heard much about anything Earthbound related.

They just tacked on "Beginnings" to differentiate this virtual console release from EarthBound (Mother 2). I don't think they even changed the title screen at all like the EBZero hack, it still says "EARTH BOUND". But I'm going on and on just to say it's the NES version, not a remake.

;) Either way, this gives me another reason to get a wii/Wii U at some point in the future, hopefully this will see Earthbound (SNES) and Mother 3 (or Earthbound 2) see a virtual console release, if they haven't already. 

Is Earthbound Beginnings different at all from the old Earthbound Zero ROM that was always in circulation? Any different/less censors?

No, it's the same as the Earthbound Zero ROM. The only difference is that Nintendo has finally released it after 20 something years.

• Upvote 1

I'm more exited about the Gilgamesh Mii costume coming in February than either of the two new characters. I never liked fire emblem (tried a couple games hated both of them) and have never played Bayonetta.

They still look cool though, I do like the fire emblem characters in smash even though I think there's too many, but Corn looks different enough.

There's no Gilgamesh costume coming to Smash. Where did you hear about that/get your info on that?

Right here https://youtu.be/j1JERhUoQoU?t=16m38s

I'm really exited for it, I love old Namco games.

Edited by SlimeVagrant

Oh, I apologize. I assumed you were talking about Final Fantasy's Gilgamesh (and I also didn't realize that the armor/character you were talking about was called Gilgamesh).

Sorry about that. Ol' Yangus jumped the gun, as it were.

No problem.  :laugh:  I can see how that would be confusing now. I haven't played much Final Fantasy and completely forgot that it also had a character called Gilgamesh.