Super Smash Bros. for 3DS/Wii U thread

I'm sorta happy Smash Tour doesn't compete to Smash Run. It seems like lately everyone's been dumping on the 3DS version so it's nice that it has something over the Wii U version, as small as it may be.

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You keep mentioning DLC but you have no evidence of this nor do you explain it.

No, it's the same as the Earthbound Zero ROM. The only difference is that Nintendo has finally released it after 20 something years.

Funny, I just unlocked the Santa Hat in the 3DS version right as Christmas is a-coming.

Yeah, Smash Tour is kinda "meh."  It can be fun to play with friends, but if you play it by yourself it's, again, "meh."

I still regularly play the 3DS version.  It's great to take to work when I have a half-hour or hour break.  I'm not surprised people would be harsh on the 3DS version now that the Wii U version has been out for a while, but the 3DS version is a great game that, while not having everything the Wii U version has, keeps a good focus on what makes Smash so fun.  And truth be told, I've had more fun with the 3DS version...

• 2 weeks later...

I got five amiibos for Christmas. I've got Peach, Donkey Kong, Yoshi and Kirby trained to 50, with Pikachu left to teach. Kirby is the champion of them all so far, with DK being the hyper-agressive clumsy dumb ape, yoshi the fleeing-egg tosser, and peach still figuring out who she is. Wondering if I did something wrong with some of them, or maybe depends on the equipment i fed them.

My friend has a Mario amiibo that managed to defeat three decently skilled players who were all on the same team. The team consisted of Link, Zamus, and Little Mac.

The Mario amiibo seem to be scary good. First amiibo I picked up was Mario and he quickly became a force to be reckoned with.

Over Christmas I ended up getting a Link and Kirby amiibo. Named Kirby "Fluff" after Prince Fluff from Kirby's Epic Yarn and named Link "The Deity" after Fierce Deity Link.

• 3 months later...

Necro'd? What does that mean?

And that's right, the codes were sent out. I forgot that was this week. I've been much more concerned with the Mario Kart 8 DLC though. Can't wait for next week!

Late to the party, but vote for whatever characters you want as DLC here:

cp.nintendo.co.jp/us/ 

Me, I voted for King K. Rool and a few others.

M

The same could be said for a lot of characters, eal. I'm surprised someone hasn't tried making an argument that "K. Rool is too big!" or "He'd be too much like Bowser!" or something along those lines.  You know, needless arguing over why X character shouldn't be in the game, or as I like to call it, GameFAQs syndrome.

Edited by YangustheLegendaryBandit

I'm really just curious why people are rallying around this specific, obviously joke character. I know why people would want Ridley or Wonder Red. But the reason why they want King K. Rool, and how there could be so many who want him, escapes me.

I wouldn't consider K. Rool a joke character, but to each their own I suppose.

Just for curiosity's sake, why do you feel K. Rool is a joke choice for a character?

Where is the groundswell for King K. Rool? Since when has anyone loved him? I had no clue who this character even was until people started screeching for him to be in Smash.

His design is absolutely silly, even compared to a lot of Nintendo characters that have been in Smash games. I can't find a picture of him on the internet that doesn't isn't goofy.

• 3 months later...

Anybody still playing? I just got the game (3DS version) and was hoping to battle some of you guys.

Oh yeah, I still play Smash. PM me your 3DS code and I'll send you mine then.

• 1 month later...

I've been playing a lot of Smash 3DS lately. I still have one challenge I need to complete...unfortunately it's one of the hardest ones, collecting all the custom moves, outfits, and hats. I have all the outfits and am close to getting all the hats I believe, but custom moves are another story. I don't feel like farming for them either, so if I don't have them all by the one year anniversary of the 3DS version this October, imma use one of the golden hammers to unlock it. I've only used 2 golden hammers across the boards, so third time may or may not be the charm.

I must say I prefer the 3DS version's stages over the Wii U's. Usually I can't decide on a stage and just set the selection to random with all stages on. Only other game that's managed to get that "honor" is Melee.

Oh yeah, I still play Smash. PM me your 3DS code and I'll send you mine then.

D: I sold my copy because I needed money and noone was around to play.

Perhaps you'll snag another copy in the future. Either that or ask for it for your birthday or Christmas.

While on my way home today, we swung by a Wal-Mart to grab a few groceries, and surprise, surprise, I found a lone Toon Link amiibo in the video game section! I was very surprised to find one, so I quickly snapped it up and bought it. I couldn't really think of w good name for him, so I made him the white-ish color scheme and named him Knuckle after Tingle's missing brother from Wind Waker.

• 3 months later...