Sign in to follow this  
Chanticleer Hegemony

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS/Wii U thread

My mains are Luigi, Ludwig, Dr. Mario, Captain Falcon, Yoshi, Pac-Man, Ganondorf and Villager. It depends on what mode I'm doing too.

Yesterday, I rematched this kid (this time 1 vs 1). He chose Pikachu and I used Yoshi. The stock was on 3 and by the end of it, I took a total of 93 damage and he lost all his lives. It was amazing to finally go 'Mono-a-Dino with him and slaughter him.

Just fought against three Little Macs with Robin in For Glory.  Somehow, I won with no casualty's.

Of course. Robin is amazing.

Buffed up my Luigi last night. All his stats are positive and in the 20's. I also made my Mario have an Attack of over 180 now, just because I can.

A little late to the party, but my mains are Ness (my number 1 guy), Mega Man, Pac-Man, Lucina, and Meta Knight.  Luigi used to be my main, but damn did he get beaten with the nerf stick this time around. He feels...off compared to his previous Smash selves. Hopefully the new patch will fix him up a bit.

Won a Smash Bros Tournament at my local gamestop.  Won a nice Champion Belt.

A little late to the party, but my mains are Ness (my number 1 guy), Mega Man, Pac-Man, Lucina, and Meta Knight.  Luigi used to be my main, but damn did he get beaten with the nerf stick this time around. He feels...off compared to his previous Smash selves. Hopefully the new patch will fix him up a bit.

That's how I feel about Dr. Mario. He just isn't the same this time around. Luigi though, seems to be fine for me. Maybe it is just my fighting style.

The biggest problem I have is that Luigi's dominating air game seems to be non existent this time around. His down A and side forward A in the air could originally kill at decent percentages in Melee and Brawl (around 100-120%). Luigi's running A attack has certainly been buffed since it has such a huge hit box (same with the Luigi Cyclone), but like his air game a few of his other moves have been "neutered" so to speak.  He just feels like a pale shadow of his former self this time around...

I find him to be better this time around. Then again, I spend more time doing ground combat rather than air combat. I do find that Marth is another character I cannot use anymore. Except against Little Mac. However, I can once again use Captain Falcon, so I guess things work out well for me.

Picked up the Wii U version of the game yesterday. Now I'm eligible for the CDs and the Mewtwo DLC when they're both eventually available.

Now as for the game itself...it is DEFINITELY the meat and potatoes of the two new Smash games. It was hard to put down yesterday.  The overall flow of the gameplay feels SOOOOOO good, and I won't lie, being able to use a controller again for Smash makes all the difference.  Heck playing as Luigi (who I can't stand to use in the 3DS version) was that much better in the Wii U version.

I also have the entire cast unlocked save for Game and Watch and ROB.

Is Smash Run as bad as I heard it was?

I don't know who told you Smash Run is bad eal, but it sure as hell isn't.  Smash Run is actually really fun to play, especially if you throw all caution to the wind and completely play it random (random characters, random customization, etc.).  It's actually pretty addicting, and honestly I wish it was in the Wii U version, but Smash Tour is a good replacement/exclusive mode for the U version.  Both modes surprised me with how fun they can be, either by yourself or with others.

Pretty much only played Smash Wii U today, and had a blast. Unlocked all the characters and stages, and spent the afternoon playing it with a buddy of mine who's home from college for Thanksgiving Break too.  We decided to have an 8 man Smash battle, each of us leading a team of our mains to see who could come out on top. My team was Ness (me), Luigi, Mega Man, and Pac-Man, while my friend's team was Lucario (him), Sonic, Robin, and Shulk.  He won the first match, but my team came back for a solid victory in the next bout.  It was pure craziness both times but it was so much fun.

Aside from that, we did some amiibo training with our...well, amiibos. His has a Yoshi named Boshi (after the character from Super Mario RPG), while mine is a Mario named Jump Man (after Mario's name in Donkey Kong). I didn't try out my amiibo yesterday, but only after a few hours of battles Jump Man was becoming quite the fighter.  He was easily beating my friend and his amiibo in only a few fights! Needless to say, my friend wasn't all that thrilled about it. Actually he seemed more cross about his amiibo doing so poorly... :P

I've been hearing all across the board that it's not that great; Reviewers, random internet commenters, and people whose opinion I respect a lot.

All I know is that people complain about it because you can't play online with others in Smash Run. I haven't heard any other complaints apart from people whining and saying " WAH WHY DID THEY PUT IN SMASH RUN IT TAKES AWAY ROOM FOR OTHER THINGS, IT's USELESS, and so on.

It's a fun mode. If people don't like it then that's fine, but don't let them sway you into thinking it's bad before you try it yourself.

I played a three-way Smash. It was my Attack Ganondorf vs. my friend's Defensive Bowser vs. my other friend's Attack Ike. I had to leave the match to take care of something at the school office. When I came back, I had won. Skill Level: Over 9000!!

Down to only 1 challenge left in Smash 3DS.  By chance I got all the Smash Run powers today, which was certainly a nice surprise.  Sadly, the last challenge I need to complete requires getting all the custom moves, hats, and so on.  All I can say is D'OH!

I made a Little Mac with 200 speed and only -82 Attack. It wrecked my friend's Little Mac. MWAHAHA

I've been on a mission the last few weeks looking for a misprinted Samus with double arm cannons. I know it's 99.95% unlikely I'll run into one, but it doesn't hurt to look. I asked my relatives for Smash for Wii and I'll probably grab an Amiibo or two with whatever gift cards I get post-Christmas. I'm really only out for Samus and Marth at the moment. Maybe Pikachu. I'm waiting desperately for Lucina and Robin to come out.

I'm just waiting for a Ness amiibo. With my skills as Ness, he'll be a pro in no time.

I'm thinking of getting me an amiibo soon; the problem is I don't think the local game store has the character I want.  

Most stores are just stocking Mario, Pikachu, Peach, and maybe one or two lesser characters like Link or Donkey Kong. You gotta really look for a Wii Fit Trainer of even Villager.

No kidding on that, eal.  I had the chance to pick up the Wii Fit Trainer a week or so ago, but I decided "She'll be here the next time I come to Target, I'll get her then." I WAS WRONG, OH SO VERY WRONG.

With the next wave of amiibos hitting soon, I'm going to be getting Luigi, Capt. Falcon and Little Mac ASAP.  Hopefully when Nintendo "re-prints" the Villager and Wii Fit Trainer I'll be able to snag them up before it's too late again (Siliconera/Nintendo of America confirmed they will return at a later point).

Anyway, speaking of amiibos, I picked up a Donkey Kong one tonight and have named him Swanky Kong after the character of the same name from Donkey Kong Country 2 & 3.  Naturally you have to give a swanky ape a swanky coat of fur, so this DK amiibo is sporting the pink color scheme.  He's already reached level 20, but he didn't compete with my Mario amiibo very well.  Seriously, Jump Man (as I call him) is SCARY.  He's too damn good for his own good.  I'm so proud but so angry at him!

I've been playing the Wii U version of Smash and have been trying to complete all the challenges.  A hand full of the Wii U challenges are, to put it simply, stupid.  One is to collect 300,000 gold, which seems a little redonkulous.  You can't even use a gold hammer to skip it! Robble robble robble...but at least it's only a select few challenges that are like that.

Are there some challenges that you can't use the Golden Hammer on? I don't want to rage quit doing some of them.

Just wanted to say: Smash TOUR is the crappy game. Smash RUN is the awesome one.

Since I've gotten the wiiU version, I haven't played Smash 3ds. Mostly because I am not updating until I can record my replays, since the update will ruin them. And I'm waiting to get a good digital camera to record them on, which means waiting till Christmas. :X

Also, Robin is still my main, but I picked up Greninja as a promising secondary. I seem to have gotten worse as Peach and Villager.