Super Smash Bros. for 3DS/Wii U thread

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You keep mentioning DLC but you have no evidence of this nor do you explain it.

No, it's the same as the Earthbound Zero ROM. The only difference is that Nintendo has finally released it after 20 something years.

Funny, I just unlocked the Santa Hat in the 3DS version right as Christmas is a-coming.

Yes. Because all the leaks we've seen in the past have been so legit.

Some have been, as was the case with Junior and Duck Hunt Dog.

Everything is to be taken with a grain of salt, but we can all have wishful thinking. #INEEDMUHDEE  :thumbsup:

Wolf's icon looked way too off to be real. I think it was clever editing of a rom.

Calling BS on this supposed leak. Wolf's icon looks exactly like his model from Brawl, same with Issac from Golden Sun who's towards the bottom of the select screen in the video.  Mewtwo's icon also looks pretty fake to, looking more like a model rather than matching any of the artwork/artstyle of the other character icons.

The only one that looks semi real is Waddle Dee's, but chances are that's just another piece of artwork that's been edited.

All characters unlocked. I'll be spending the next while getting more customizable items and such for all the characters while I do Classic Mode with a bunch of them.

All characters unlocked. I'll be spending the next while getting more customizable items and such for all the characters while I do Classic Mode with a bunch of them.

Congrats. Good luck unlocking customizable moves and equipment. It takes SO FREAKING LONG to unlock them all. I'm still missing a lot of moves for characters...

My Rosalina is pretty deadly I must say. I survived a Little Mac KO punch, so I'm obviously doing something right seeing as how it kills all my other characters. I nearly won, but the stage (Wii Fit Trainer's I think) kept hitting me with falling blocks and stacking on extra damage. It was a close fight though.

My Mega Man is on the lousy side. I'll be trying to get more power-ups for him right away to buff him up.

My Village tore my friend's Lucario a new bellybutton. I got an instant KO by dropping a ball on him right at the start and then I KO'd him by making the tree grow. I just need to make a minor adjustment or two and Villager will be on my roster for good.

I finally beat Classic Mode on 9.0 difficulty with Ludwig.

Oh, and if that leak is true... That means I can finally beat up on Lucina with Wolf, especially since one of my friends uses Lucina now. Just wishful thinking, though.

Edited by Chanticleer Hegemony

I read a sorta old rumor that Tharja of Fire Emblem Awakening was supposed to be a trophy in Smash but her revealing attire would have potentially made the ESRB give the game a more mature rating. I looked at images of what was supposed to be the trophy and the only offending part of her clothing is that you could possibly see her butt if you angled the camera just right....

As an aside, I find it funny that this poor character keeps getting into so much controversy wherever she goes. And it's odd because she doesn't stand out in Fire Emblem Awakening as the sexual being she's being portrayed as all the time. If anything, she's really reserved and creepy. The art of her in-game is of her holding a book against her chest. But a while back they released a statue of her leaning against a stack of books, her butt pointed in the air. Then later on they had to censor a still image of her in a swimsuit because it put special focus on her butt as well (the dialogue was also pretty perverted and uncomfortable).

I read a sorta old rumor that Tharja of Fire Emblem Awakening was supposed to be a trophy in Smash but her revealing attire would have potentially made the ESRB give the game a more mature rating. I looked at images of what was supposed to be the trophy and the only offending part of her clothing is that you could possibly see her butt if you angled the camera just right....

As an aside, I find it funny that this poor character keeps getting into so much controversy wherever she goes. And it's odd because she doesn't stand out in Fire Emblem Awakening as the sexual being she's being portrayed as all the time. If anything, she's really reserved and creepy. The art of her in-game is of her holding a book against her chest. But a while back they released a statue of her leaning against a stack of books, her butt pointed in the air. Then later on they had to censor a still image of her in a swimsuit because it put special focus on her butt as well (the dialogue was also pretty perverted and uncomfortable).

That is correct. We went from 686 trophies down to 685 in the US version of Smash 3DS.  I'm not sure if she's still in the European version of the game, though.

I don't quite understand all the attention Tharja gets myself.  Same with Owain.  From what I've heard, they aren't the most interesting of characters. I haven't gotten to the point where they join my party in Awakening, but I gave up on playing that game a long time ago.  I guess the Japanese just like to make they're creepy characters as sexy as possible...

Anyway, I'm still working on trying to collect everyone's custom moves, but it's taking way too long and the RNG of actually getting new moves is a  nuisance.  Why didn't they have the option where you could buy the moves with gold, aka something similar to the trophy shop? :/

I fought my friend's Meta Knight today. He buffed it in attack and speed. I slaughtered him with a Jigglypuff I buffed in defense. I even pulled off a Rest. I can't even play Jigglypuff (or so I thought).

I also did three Smash Runs with him. I used Yoshi first, in which at the end we did a Flower Battle. I narrowly won by KO-ing his Little Mac. Our second run I used Captain Falcon against his Lucario. We did a race to the finish. He thought he would win since his Lucario was fast, but my Captain Falcon was so fast, a few of us joked that he was going Mach 10. The final match I brought back Jigglypuff and when it came to the end, it was just a regular smash festival. I somehow won even though he brought out his Little Mac, which has yet to be defeated in a regular battle (I almost defeated him with Marth, but I was knocked too far off to get back onto the stage and plummeted to my death).

Yesterday, I fought against a few of my friends at anime club with no customized characters. One of them had a Dr. Mario, and I played as Ludwig, as per usual. He was indeed a most worthy adversary, like he always was, but I beat him.

Then we got to the 4-player part. I won almost all of them, but there were some losses (likely due to dumb mistakes on my part). One of my most memorable, however, was when I was playing as the Duck Hunt duo (Banjo-Kazooie-esque alt) another friend's Mii Gunner's fully-charged Charge Blast should've killed me (I was around the early-to-mid-100s), but I managed to strike back and K.O. him. Then, when I was playing as Larry, and we were down to our last stocks, and at 84% (in my case), I made his Mii Brawler come to me, thus making him fall off the stage with a Burning Dropkick. He tried recovering with Helicopter Kick, but he SD'd. Again, I won that match.

Anyway! Good times we had. Now, if I could only say the same for my For Glory matches on my first playthrough.

I've been on a Mega Man kick lately. He's been my go to guy in 1 on 1 (with Ness jumping in to kick some arse when needed) and it's been pretty good. I've had a 70% win rate with him or so online. He's a fun character to use once you get the hang of him.

Last night a friend and I played Brawl. It was a lot of fun, and made me remember that Brawl can be a fun game (though I still prefer Melee). Also, it made me miss Lucas. A moment of silence for our fallen comrade...

Did some Smash Run this morning. Not winning too many today. I still get some nice equipment and moves out of it though, so I'm not complaining about that.

So I did some more multiplayer Smash in anime club today. For one thing, I finally managed to beat my friend after three years of practice (after I swore off Brawl. seemingly forever). I was Ludwig and he was Lucina. Then, we had some fun with one of our other friends and somebody I didn't know. I won almost everytime. Except for that time with Dr. Mario, and someone surrendered because he couldn't accept the fact that his Little Mac was being beaten. All in all, a fun day.

So I did some more multiplayer Smash in anime club today. For one thing, I finally managed to beat my friend after three years of practice (after I swore off Brawl. seemingly forever). I was Ludwig and he was Lucina. Then, we had some fun with one of our other friends and somebody I didn't know. I won almost everytime. Except for that time with Dr. Mario, and someone surrendered because he couldn't accept the fact that his Little Mac was being beaten. All in all, a fun day.

My friend made a very annoying Little Mac. He made it so fast that you can't hit it and he pumped up attack so that he can just wail on you. I have yet to defeat it, though I have come very close several times.

I've taken to doing Smash Run on random. Keeps me on my toes and it gets me a bunch of different power ups and such.

For me, it's Ludwig, Toon Link, and the Duck Hunt gang.

Anyway! There'll be a patch to address balancing issues. However! If you download it, all your replays prior to version 1.0.4 will not work normally, so better record them with our cameras as the patch draws near!