Super Smash Bros. for 3DS/Wii U thread

I still have a lot of characters to unlock. I've only unlocked maybe 5 (Ness, Dr. Mario, Lucina, Wario, and Falco). I think that's it.

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You keep mentioning DLC but you have no evidence of this nor do you explain it.

No, it's the same as the Earthbound Zero ROM. The only difference is that Nintendo has finally released it after 20 something years.

Funny, I just unlocked the Santa Hat in the 3DS version right as Christmas is a-coming.

Finally beat All-Star mode with everyone! So glad to be done with that. Now I can focus on beating 100-Man smash with everyone, and after that I only need to complete Smash Run a few times (20) before I call it good in terms of the challenges.

Also Democ, beat All-Star mode with as many characters as you can now before you unlock the full roster (if you care to do that sort of thing)! Once everyone is unlocked you have to play a slightly extended version of All-Star mode, and it wears thin after the first 5 characters you have to complete it with.

Edited by YangustheLegendaryBandit

Argh! I almost unlocked Duck Hunt Dog a few hours ago. He's like the only character in Smash I never knew I wanted until they gave him to me!

Also, I don't know how I feel about unlocking character at every turn. I mean, I never did unlock Mewtwo like I wanted to in Melee but at least it made him a challenge to go after.

I'm with you, eal. I guess I'm kind of happy you get to unlock the characters quickly, but it was always so much fun unlocking the characters at a slower pace in Melee and Brawl.  Well, so long as you didn't do the Subspace Emissary in Brawl that is.

It was always so exciting to see the "Challenger Approaching!" screen pop up in Melee after completing Classic or beating a specific challenge in the Event mode.

I'm finding it to take a long time to unlock the characters. Usually within a few hours I have them all. Instead, I have 5 so far and many more to go. Plus the future DLC. I would prefer the Subspace rather than guessing how to get all the characters. I do like it though when I see the "Challenger Approaching" screen. It always gets me eager to try out a new character.

I'm surprised it's taking you a long time to unlock everyone, Democ.  Quickest way to unlock characters is through Vs mode (aka Smash mode) and have 120 battles under your belt, victory not required.  Basically its 10 battles = chance to unlock a new character.  The other is to beat Classic mode with numerous characters on at least a 6.0 difficulty.  This will net you almost everyone except for 3 characters. Those 3 require different ways, but they aren't too bad though.

First, let me just say I'm ecstatic about this news. They finally gave everyone the character they've been for since Brawl. I don't know why they made him DLC while Dark Pit was available at launch, but whatever.

But going by the announcement, it sounds like you get it for free if you have both versions, but you can still buy him for either version.

Good thing I'll be getting both then. :thumbsup:

The Wii U version was the one I was waiting for anyway, and this makes for a good incentive to buy it (not that I wouldn't anyway). I'm not the biggest fan of Mewtwo in Melee, but I thought he was a unique character, so it was a shame he got cut. Happy to see him returning to the cast. Now all we need is Lucas and I'll be set.

I'm surprised it's taking you a long time to unlock everyone, Democ.  Quickest way to unlock characters is through Vs mode (aka Smash mode) and have 120 battles under your belt, victory not required.  Basically its 10 battles = chance to unlock a new character.  The other is to beat Classic mode with numerous characters on at least a 6.0 difficulty.  This will net you almost everyone except for 3 characters. Those 3 require different ways, but they aren't too bad though.

I'm guessing that battles against fellow players don't count. Otherwise I should have a lot more characters.

And on the note of characters, R.O.B. is the one I'm currently trying to get, but he defeated my amazing Dr.Mario and nearly flawlessly I might add. I'm thinking I may need to go the bulky route this time.

I'd have thought the free soundtrack CD would have been incentive enough.

Different strokes for different folks, I guess. I've never been fully interested in the CDs anyway, but they're a nice bonus I suppose. If they were the full soundtracks (or at least the new remixes and compositions) I'd be more interested.

Democ, battles with friends count. As long as it's versus, you should be fine. If you aren't sure, just check your records or go to GameFAQS to check the unlock requirements.

Edited by YangustheLegendaryBandit

I'm planning to get the Wii U version this Christmas but after watching the direct...well, I want to buy it at launch day. I'm on the fence about the 3DS version; it

looks like the Wii U is the best choice for my type of playstyle.

I'm on the precipice of buying a Wii U but I have limited space to place it and the only thing that would make sense to move would be the Wii, since I can play my Wii games on a Wii U. Unfortunately, that would mean I wouldn't be able to play my Gamecube games. I might be able to place it on top of my cable box and below my PS3 but it would obstruct a lot of my TV if I sat at certain angles (weird, I know, but considering my TV is at an angle pointing towards my bed, I'd only be able to sit on certain parts of my bed instead of being able to recline back).

It's cheap, I get a discount from a certain store I work at, and come Black Friday it will be even cheaper, but at the same time I face all the positional issues above.

I will say though, they did a good job of putting in plenty of features to make purchasing the Wii U version justifiable. It's like they withheld certain info before the 3DS version's launch so that people would still want to buy that version.

Did some more battles against my friend today. He used his customized Link against my customized Luigi, in which Luigi beat Link after a grueling match. I then switched to my Ganondorf just for fun and I still nearly beat him. I brought out my amazing Dr. Mario afterwards and easily beat him. He switched to his various Greninjas, which my Doc still beat, despite the fact I could barely hit him. Even his blaster Mii fighter lost to Doc. It wasn't until his brawling Mii that I lost with Doc. But Luigi made minced meat out of that Mii. AHAHAHA

Only have 3 more challenges to complete in Smash. Two of them are the collect all ones on the third page and the other is the play Smash (aka versus matches) for 50 hours.

I've been trying to play as more characters and get out of my comfort zone of regulars, so I've started using Mega Man and Lucina more. I really like playing as Lucina, and while Megs takes a bit of getting used to, he's a lot of fun.  One of my friends doesn't like that I'm using him now, and outright told me he's scared of my Mega Man. Not sure why really, but hey I'll take the compliment. :thumbsup:

Got Bowser Jr. yesterday. I like playing as him. He's different. I'll be using him more often I think.

I actually completely forgot Bowser Jr. was in this game.

He's a very different character compared to the others I find. He's fun to use because he can use so many different kinds of attacks.

I actually completely forgot Bowser Jr. was in this game.

He's a very different character compared to the others I find. He's fun to use because he can use so many different kinds of attacks.

I find him a bit tricky to use, but I haven't really spent a lot of time with him.  From what I have played of him, he doesn't really click with me as a character in terms of game play.  I like his playstyle though, as he has a pretty nice moveset.

I got Mr. Game and Watch today.

Before that though, I was fighting my friend. He has recently created a Shiek, some Mii fighters, and there was something else that currently slips my mind. I used my Pikachu, Luigi, Ludwig and for giggles I used Duck Hunt Dog (not customized yet). Somehow, I still beat him with this guy. I'll be adding him to my arsenal of players I use. My Ludwig wrecked him by the way.

After school, we had some quick Bowser vs Bowser fights. I lost the first one because I couldn't get close enough to hit him. The second match I used my Side B and got a priority kill. The final match we decided to only use physical attacks and no throwing. I managed to launch his Bowser for the finishing kill.

According to my times, I've played about 10 hours more of Project DIVA then Smash, which I got two weeks before..... I don't, I don't even have a response to that.