Super Smash Bros. for 3DS/Wii U thread

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You keep mentioning DLC but you have no evidence of this nor do you explain it.

No, it's the same as the Earthbound Zero ROM. The only difference is that Nintendo has finally released it after 20 something years.

Funny, I just unlocked the Santa Hat in the 3DS version right as Christmas is a-coming.

Don't forget that we can always get DLC. Also, I got Dr. Mario today. I'm so excited because he was my main man in Melee.

I still want to know where you heard Lucas was in the game, by the way. SOURCE ME, DAMN YOU!
Find a Japanese person and ask them to take a screenshot.

Ok...not the response I expected from Democrobot of all people.

I've looked into it, and he's a no show in Japan. Unless that rumor floating around is true about DLC characters, Lucas won't be playable. Shame to see it, but luckily there's so much Mother/Earthbound love in Smash this time around, specifically for the original Mother game.

Sooo... anyone want to duke it out in Smash?  :)

Sure, I'm always game for some Smash. Send me your 3DS friend code (through this thread or via private message).  Here's mine:

3780-9175-2736

If anyone else wants to add me, let me know your friend code as well.

I tried my hand at a customizable Mii. I made myself a sword fighter. I'm pure attack right now, but I suspect that it will change as I get more power-ups and whatnot.

Dark Pit keeps beating me. I almost had him yesterday, but a fluke moment when we both smashed each other led to me dying seconds before he did. DR. MARIO WILL HAVE HIS REVENGE!!

I can imagine that the Mii Fighters won't be allowed in tournaments. I also heard that people were a little "blah" on them.

It's mainly due to them taking away possible move sets for other fighters and because you can't use them online unless you play with friends.

Sure, I'm always game for some Smash. Send me your 3DS friend code (through this thread or via private message).  Here's mine:

3780-9175-2736

If anyone else wants to add me, let me know your friend code as well.

Alright, added you.

Mine is 

2363-5851-9752

I got Dark Pit and Wario last night. I've really gotten back into my groove with Dr. Mario. Still nowhere near my former glory of Melee, but I don't think it'll take much longer to achieve that.

I've been having so much fun with this game (and Animal Crossing, which I got a week before Smash).  I unlocked every character and every stage the day after the game came out marathoning it.  That's basically all I did last weekend.  My favorites are:  Duck Hunt (so hyped when I saw him in the leak.  Good thing he plays well), Ness and Doc Mario of all characters.

As Dr. Mario, I can defeat level 9 opponents, so I think I'm getting better with him. Still can't do it flawlessly yet, but I'll get there soon enough. Maybe I'll even battle one of you guys someday.

You should Democ. I'd like to see how your Dr. Mario does against mine. A doctor duel, if you will.

Anyway, I was playing For Glory and ran into a scary good Shulk player. I tried every character I'm good with to try and take him down at least once, but I got nothing.  I did come VERY close with Dr. Mario, but in the end he defeated me.

Edited by YangustheLegendaryBandit

Anyway, I was playing For Glory and ran into a scary good Shulk player. I tried every character I'm good with to try and take him down at least once, but I got nothing.  I did come VERY close with Dr. Mario, but in the end he defeated me.

Were you Pac-Man at first? I played someone who started as Pac-Man and moved on to Dr. Mario at some point, and I actually almost lost to that Dr. Mario as well. Most likely just a coincidence, but we have registered each other, so we can have our own Dr. Mario vs Shulk anyway, haha.

Edited by Flute_Warrior

Were you Pac-Man at first? I played someone who started as Pac-Man and moved on to Dr. Mario at some point, and I actually almost lost to that Dr. Mario as well. Most likely just a coincidence, but we have registered each other, so we can have our own Dr. Mario vs Shulk anyway, haha.

Maybe? I didn't start as Pac when I played the guy, but he did play as Marth, Robin, Dark Pit, and Shulk (mostly Shulk). I do remember playing as Duck Hunt, Toon Link, Ness, and then stuck with Dr. Mario for the rest of matches since he stayed as Shulk (white color scheme).

Maybe? I didn't start as Pac when I played the guy, but he did play as Marth, Robin, Dark Pit, and Shulk (mostly Shulk). I do remember playing as Duck Hunt, Toon Link, Ness, and then stuck with Dr. Mario for the rest of matches since he stayed as Shulk (white color scheme).

Ok, that wasn't me then. I actually have not used Marth and Dark Pit at all yet. And I tend to use either regular color, black, or no armor Shulk. I'll be on in a bit if you want to host or I host a game.

Woot! Spent the day playing Smash and had a blast. I played around with Rosalina, Robin, and Little Mac (just to see what the hype was about). Rosalina was a lot of fun, but I'm finding myself enjoying Robin much more, probably because he can use both swords and magic. I just find him really easy to control. Little Mac is fast and strong but he moves too quick, making him harder to move with. And on top of that, when he's on an open stage, you can send him flying in practically one hit. It made playing with him on Classic Mode very frustrating when I got to the end. He's very overrated.

I may or may not use the money I'm given over Christmas combined with some of my own to get a Wii U, and would you look at that, there's a promotion going on right now. Own both versions and you get a two-disc soundtrack CD. And it happens to continue right into January. I don't know how I'd feel about owning both versions though. It would feel like a paid $40 for a preview of the game and whatever progress I make (trophies and other unlockables) would be pointless as it would just reset back to 0. I'll just say, there's a lot to be said about version-exclusive characters.

Little Mac is fast and strong but he moves too quick, making him harder to move with. And on top of that, when he's on an open stage, you can send him flying in practically one hit. It made playing with him on Classic Mode very frustrating when I got to the end. He's very overrated.

Yes, he is very overrated in the sense that people think his speed and strength is too much. That is why I use him defensively. People always expect a Little Mac to be aggressive, and so people get confused when I use him very laid back, usually always resulting in a victory for me in for Glory. Unfortunately, he is fast, so when there is lag, I feel him almost impossible to use online. But other Little Macs I face online are pretty easy to beat. The trick is to not be aggressive, because people expect this. His 1,2 punch is key in my opinion, as it can block most projectiles and withstand many attacks (almost like Charizard's super armor when using rock smash).

I managed to beat Classic on 9.0 intensity with my main man Ness. It was challenge since it took a few tries (mainly to get the last boss' patterns down), but I did it.

Feels good to beat something like that.

Well, I must not be as good as everyone else who's playing it, because I can't beat Classic Mode on 9.0 with Ludwig. Then again, I'm not familiar with the newcomers, but that's still pretty inexcusable.

Hell, I couldn't even defeat ANYBODY in For Glory before I decided to delete my data in my first playthrough. So even in spite of my losses online, I still think I was better in my first playthrough.

UPDATE: Plus, I feel pretty unused to the 3DS controls, especially compared to the GameCube ones.

Edited by Chanticleer Hegemony

So I beat All-Star mode on Hard with Ludwig. Now to go off and do some other stuff offline before completing 9.0 Classic mode with Ludwig.

Had some interesting fights in For Glory this afternoon.  One of them was this awesome Villager player from Japan who could actually pull off combos. Most Villagers I come across in either For Fun or For Glory always play lame and keep away, trying to use the tree to get kills.  Hell, I've seen people who wait for a character to be sent their way, chop down the tree, and steal the kill from the other player/players.

Currently I'm trying to complete All-Star mode with everyone, and it's slowly but surely happening.

I customized my first character recently. It was my Dr. Mario. I fought my friend's customized Link and I beat him rather soundly. When he used his custom Greninjas though, it was tougher. I could barely hit him from the boosted speed he had. He ended up winning simply because he would hit me and run away. I did deflect his water blasts though. When he used his Bowser, I nearly won that time. He only won because I was knocked back after using my side-B on an attack of his. He was reversed, but I still took knockback from it.

I'm slowly getting closer and closer to beating All-Star mode with everyone. It has taken for what seems like forever, but I'm on the second to last row of characters (currently on Villager) so I'm getting there.