Sign in to follow this  
Genrazian

People to Play With.

I am finding myself playing this game mostly solo and am finding frustrating as I bought this game to play with other people. Wondering if we could organize things that we can meet up and have fun or something.

I am finding myself playing this game mostly solo and am finding frustrating as I bought this game to play with other people. Wondering if we could organize things that we can meet up and have fun or something.

Frankly speaking, DQ series are involving many many hours of grinding besides progressing main story. As we are new players to the team we need to level up enough in order to gain access to high-end game contents.

I have seen many high-end team members post some pictures of boss fights which seem fun and challenging. Wish I could be there real soon haha.

I'd ordinarily be right there with you looking for people to do stuff with. I'm way behind everybody, now! Once I get a solid base menu translation released, I'll be hopping back on the train... I just hope people are still around at that point. :o

This is one of the primary issues you face when playing a game that is not available in the language you speak, in addition to having extra criteria to play (the VPN). It results in a very small population, and many of the players cannot play as frequently as you would like.

I've noticed that you're on almost all the time. Unfortunately, many of us cannot do that. For example, I myself often only have time to do my daily quests, before I need to go to bed for work the next day. I'm sure many people have the same or similar circumstances, I know it's the same, if not worse sometimes, for Phanir.

Then add in the situation that others here have mentioned. The game contains a lot of grinding, as Dragon Quest games typically do, and as a result no one really ever feels powerful enough to do things with others unless they're capped themselves. I can't count how many encounters that I've been in that I couldn't possibly win without my Lv.80 mercenaries, and unfortunately fighting high level monsters is by far the best way to grind. So most people don't grind without a party chock full of Lv.80's.

The only thing I can suggest is to try and influence people you know outside of the game to bite the bullet and try the game. Without more people in the community this will always be an issue and there's really nothing you can do about it.

We can attempt to set up some activities, but really, those would be few and far between.

We can hope that the work Aeana is doing will help more people from the Den join. I know Woodus said in that thread that it would influence him into buying the game, and I wouldn't be surprised if others would be on board as well. The language barrier is probably the most influencing reason more people don't play.

Edited by Polantaris

Yeah, I also don't have as much time to play. Pretty much just early morning before I go in to work or like now, late night after I get back from work and any other errands I need to do. Since that is JST that makes the time gap already pretty different (I'm +13 hours on EST, down to +10 on PST). So the only times I really have to spend on playing the game for a long period are Sundays and Mondays. And in particular, my current goals are things like leveling up classes and completing the 2.0 story, and most of my leveling up classes is to try and get all the passive stat boosts I can think of that I want so I can switch over to mainly playing Mage and Sage.

Don't get me wrong though, I think making some parties to do stuff would be fun. I'm just doing a lot of grinding now because I want to get (nearly) every job up to level 50ish so I can focus on leveling up Mage and Sage, and finishing the 2.0 story stuff.

I think the main problem is that we are still newbies...lol.

Heck, I haven't even been asking you to join me on story quests, because I know my character can't really hold his own weight yet, and have been relying on playing the  back-up priest to my AI's (or some kind players like Cranberry and Mimas) in order to advance as far as I have...

My advice:  grind out the passives, level up /gear your favorite class, and then we'll be able to party-up with the vets again.  o(^-^)o

I'd ordinarily be right there with you looking for people to do stuff with. I'm way behind everybody, now! Once I get a solid base menu translation released, I'll be hopping back on the train... I just hope people are still around at that point. :o

If you get that base menuset working I will be ordering and playing along again, so I will be a "newbie" again

I try to be open and available for everyone when I can.  Occasionally I am involved in high level things that don't allow it, but in general I try not to exclude anyone whenever I can.  I was a rookie once myself and I know how it can feel to be left out of major quests or battles.

play_with_yourself.png

Sorry, couldn't resist ;)

Metal Slime coin parties are pretty easy to set up and have really low requirements (100 points in fisticuffs, other multi-hit moves, crit-miss moves, metal wing)

Either:

- 3 per person (12 total)

or

- 6 + 2 suicide per person (24 total)

works pretty well and results in fair amounts of EXP for everyone.

The catch? Coins average at around 3k a pop, and it is unreasonable to assume one person is going to buy them all especially if you're going to run this daily/every couple of days/etc. Better get cracking!

Metal Slime coin parties are pretty easy to set up and have really low requirements (100 points in fisticuffs, other multi-hit moves, crit-miss moves, metal wing)

Either:

- 3 per person (12 total)

or

- 6 + 2 suicide per person (24 total)

works pretty well and results in fair amounts of EXP for everyone.

The catch? Coins average at around 3k a pop, and it is unreasonable to assume one person is going to buy them all especially if you're going to run this daily/every couple of days/etc. Better get cracking!

20k/person is a pretty small entrance fee for the reward, in my opinion.

I've also noticed that a lot of times randoms will use metal slime coins if someone else initiates it. Of course that's not guaranteed, but it happens a fair amount of the time.

I've noticed/been lucky and had this trend pop up for me in the magic labyrinth, too. If metal slime coins aren't too expensive I'd love to help out with that sometime as long as I have classes in the appropriate level ranges for people.Though I should be leveling up some other skills first to make myself useful.

I would love to play with the guys/gals on this forum. I am very new to the game but not new to playing MMO's or games in Japanese. (Be advised that I'm on the free trial so my options are limited right now).

I figured out how to team up with the local Japanese players and had a ball last tonight. I live in Tucson AZ so my time zone being MST has me playing after work around 1730 and weekends.

Here is my player ID: XR355-628

Edited by zionfarm

I would love to play with the guys/gals on this forum. I am very new to the game but not new to playing MMO's or games in Japanese. (Be advised that I'm on the free trial so my options are limited right now).

I figured out how to team up with the local Japanese players and had a ball last tonight. I live in Tucson AZ so my time zone being MST has me playing after work around 1730 and weekends.

Here is my player ID: XR355-628

Feel free to sign up for the team if you haven't already. The thread is here

You need to post your ID and character name.

Noone wants to join a party in MMOs, it's all about rushing to the endgame and your level cap (while paying subscription for 4 months) in hope of doing anything "multiplayer". No one seems to find this bad, either.

When I just started the DQX Trial I found a couple people who were friendly enough to party up and go explore around, but it was early level stuff. But from what I read in this thread people don't like teaming up later on.

In FFXIV I solo'd the entire story (the Dungeon Roulette and selling the furniture that I crafted to players was the only time I'd "interact" with others). I'm probably not touching it again. XIV's "party finder" is only used to grind atma, a grinding quest that I suspect was specially designed to encourage people to make use of the party function because noone even touched it.

I was expecting something like the stories you hear about the "old FFXI" where it was required to party up with others in order to level up.

Edited by wiregu

I don't think that's fair. People are happy to team up if people ask, unless they're actually in the middle of something at that very moment (which certainly happens). I don't think expecting people to drop everything to help is very respectful.

Noone wants to join a party in MMOs, it's all about rushing to the endgame and your level cap (while paying subscription for 4 months) in hope of doing anything "multiplayer". No one seems to find this bad, either.

When I just started the DQX Trial I found a couple people who were friendly enough to party up and go explore around, but it was early level stuff. But from what I read in this thread people don't like teaming up later on.

In FFXIV I solo'd the entire story (the Dungeon Roulette and selling the furniture that I crafted to players was the only time I'd "interact" with others). I'm probably not touching it again. XIV's "party finder" is only used to grind atma, a grinding quest that I suspect was specially designed to encourage people to make use of the party function because noone even touched it.

I was expecting something like the stories you hear about the "old FFXI" where it was required to party up with others in order to level up.

I would not nor should you base your entire opinion of a community to a single thread, most especially this one. The reason for the last part are way more involved than what should be said here. If you want evidence of people taking the time out to interact just look at the numerous new player resources this forum has.

Aeana is completely right. Most of the players in this community, and in my experience most players in the game are willing to go out of their way to interact and help each other. The cheering system is evidence of this. As a DQ player the experience of the journey should hit you hard. It definitely is here. Am I at end game? Maybe? I feel like I'm still so far off from being in that complete category for various reasons. I love the people I play with, and I do play with them. From the day Cranberry helped my lost elf self find Azlan to now as I work with many of the newbies to show them the different systems u thrive off the interaction.

As for midlevel stuff, consider my newbie challenge. That was an offer to help less newbie players and veteran players work on a more challenging level. I can give you plenty of other examples, but this post is already a bit of wall of text.

My time is much more limited because I can't dictate my own hours in my new job, but rarely is there a day when I get on that I don't party with someone. Take it as you will because frankly that's just how it is, but you might be seeing the bad because you don't want to see the good. Trial accounts are limited in what you can do and how you can interact. It definitely comes down to you and how you want to fit in, and if you want to try to fit in. We aren't exclusive by any means.

Edited by Ashes

I still remember the first time I met Ashes and Cranberry in game. Both of them are really kind and helpful to all newbies.

As DQ series will make you spend lots lots of hours grinding, the game provides you hiring AI to party up. But when you need to progress through the story, you may need to party with real players because AI can't compete with real players in some boss fights.

Have been playing for 2 months now and I love everything in this game. People are nice even I don't interact much with them. During battles, I keep getting cheering up from most of players around me. They will keep saying "Thank you", "Congrats", when you help them out something or when you level up.

Edited by Murd

I have to admit... my play style is often a little "lone wolf"-like.

Other players would just get bored if they join you crafting, spending a lot of time at the bazaar, going on material runs and a lot of other stuff. Even when I'm grinding I prefer to let some higher leveled AIs do the work while I lean back, read something (currently The Walking Dead) or do household chores.

The thing is, the last few months those things filled most of my schedule (if I even had a sub), so I didn't really interact much with others.

When I played the story, I refused to get a lot of higher leveled help from team members. For me it felt like cheating to have lv. 70 (or nowadays lv. 80) companions while fighting the key emblem bosses. I was accompanied by Ashes for the second Dowachakka boss, but she was somewhere around lv. 50 or 60 back then.

All that being said I still love the community aspect of the game! If people ask, I am always willing to help. I remember guiding people through the story as well as assisting in unlock quests and level grinding. But that's nothing compared to Mimas, Cranberry and others. They helped me A LOT when I was a newbie last year. They never refused to help me out whenever I asked and I learned very much.

I enjoy partying with friends for a labyrinth run, boss fights or special events (like the upcoming Halloween event) because that's what's really designed to do as a community.

The crafter thread is also pretty cool. Instead of just wasting a lot of gold at the bazaar we can help each other and trade.

So..., even if it seems like everyone is minding his own business, just dare to ask. I'm sure almost everyone will be willing to join you if one isn't in the middle of something or only online for a little while.

Actually... I spent about 30k gold on some metal slime coins recently. If people can buy a few I'd love to do a few metal slime magic labyrinths if people are interested. I also have stockpiled a few bounty quests, including a couple with gesture (ã—ãã•) rewards. I like playing with other people more than the AI but it's hard to find people, and also annoying to butt in on someone else trying to do something. And sometimes I don't want to group up because I'm trying to grind out levels/skills on a class so I can enhance something I really want to play in groups.

There are also some good side-story quests we could try doing in groups. Like the different side-stories for each city on the continents. Those are usually not too hard, but do have a few boss fights. As a bonus, they give tons upon tons of fame and some custom titles for your profile.

Anyway yeah, if people are interested in some bounties, we can try them on Sunday JST, which is like Saturday night/early Sunday morning for people in North America.

Ya since I finally got a 80 been trying to help out those that need em. But definately down for metal slime runs help with the monotony of doing up the bazacks.

FYI, the Halloween event scales everyone to level 80, lets you use only event items, and your class is based on your costume, so it's a great event for vets and newbies to play together without any feelings of holding others back or carrying the team.